Locust Summon Skeleton Build 1.3

Just wanted to drop by and mention that I'm checking this build out since I've never created a magic-themed character, and a summoner seemed like the most fun to me.

Here's hoping RNG allows me to nab similar gear.
I've experimented with skeletons as a more defensive version of SRS, but they're just incomparably worse.

L21 summon skeletons is (225+525)/2*1.5=562 avg damage (1.2 50% more buff) at 0.93 APS. L21 SRS is 510 avg dmg at 1.627 APS. Once you add the fact that skeletons can barely move, and that there's a hard cap on how many of them can hit a target, you get much less effective DPS.

I'm thinking that in order to make skeletons effective you may want to use ice spear - gmp - coh - temp chains - enhance to hold stuff down for your skeletons to be able to hit it. Then you'd have to use a generosity'd wrath or anger for EE (in 2.0 the elemental damage penalty is finally being removed).

Overall this seems like a decent build for a HC solo player though, since skeletons provide a good meatshield, and their DPS should be enough to do regular atziri once you get L20 gems and a 5L/6L.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info