Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

Does anyone know if the two-handed weapon style talent applies to ranged weapons?

Thanks.
"
bhavv wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
I so wish I could fully customise the NPC's stats and skills though.

Well, I figured out how, if only I had known this from the start. The default party member dialogues are boring anyway, and they are poorly built.

YAY CUSTOM MIN MAXED GROUP!

Spoiler

The default party members were getting crushed on hard difficulty, so now I have a dedicated tank, max deeps barbarian, archer rogue and caster for now, then I can add more but they cost a lot of gold.

So I guess you can customize your own party of 6 before the game commences?

Also, I loved Baldur's Gate 2 but mostly because it was a rpg with so much emphasis on strategic combat. The encounter design in that game was really good. Okay the story was icing on the cake, but that was not what made me love it.

For those who already bought/played it, is the encounter design on par with BG?

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Not quite. You need to play a bit to access custom party members. And they cost some coin to hire.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
I so wish I could fully customise the NPC's stats and skills though.

Well, I figured out how, if only I had known this from the start. The default party member dialogues are boring anyway, and they are poorly built.

YAY CUSTOM MIN MAXED GROUP!

Spoiler

The default party members were getting crushed on hard difficulty, so now I have a dedicated tank, max deeps barbarian, archer rogue and caster for now, then I can add more but they cost a lot of gold.

So I guess you can customize your own party of 6 before the game commences?

Also, I loved Baldur's Gate 2 but mostly because it was a rpg with so much emphasis on strategic combat. The encounter design in that game was really good. Okay the story was icing on the cake, but that was not what made me love it.

For those who already bought/played it, is the encounter design on par with BG?

The encounters are quite similar to BG2. Feel a bit more challenging, but that's maybe because I'm still building up my party and am not quite satisfied with the composition. You will have to position carefully, and pay attention to the fact that mobs get opportunity hits if you are engaged with them (ie hitting them) and try to retreat. That can be a quick death.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Not quite. You need to play a bit to access custom party members. And they cost some coin to hire.

Ahahahaha, but this is right at the start of the game as soon as I got to the first town:

Theres a P2W trick here, if you have the pre order ring Guan's Pledge, it sells to the merchant in the opening camp for 1500+ gold. I had 2500+ gold total by the time I sold my stuff, so +5 party members from the start of the game.

Im a reroll-a-holic. Im just trying out all the builds I can think off, and I think I finally have the right setup for me.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Mar 28, 2015, 4:39:48 PM
^ you're using the stock portraits? Eww.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I havnt bothered with custom ones yet.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
I havnt bothered with custom ones yet.

Such a casual
Dont mock me! Or I'll set Justin Bieber on you with his ballad of doom!

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Dont mock me! Or I'll set Justin Bieber on you with his ballad of doom!

I cant wait to watch his comedy central roast. Apparently they really murdered him

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info