Are we really that bad of a community?

Today, in his stream the streamer Moldran stated that there was too much trolling and overall bad atmosphere when he was streaming PoE. In comparison, he stated that when he streams D3 he feels he can go to bed happy.

Update (seems like I understood some things wrongly >_< ):

From Page 3:

"
MoldranTV wrote:
"Moldran" here, it's not entirely true what the OP said.

As someone who started the game two weeks ago, it's impossible for me to make a statement about the community as a whole (it's just not enough time to get familiar enough with both the game & community). In fact, my first impression was that the game has a very dedicated community, that supports the game and is very active on forums and Reddit (so quite positive). Viewers of a Twitch stream don't represent the PoE community as a whole.

I had a blast playing the game and it was a lot of fun. Streaming the game wasn't as much fun for me. I'm a full-time student and stream in my spare time, only for fun. I stream to have more fun playing games.
On my PoE streams, people constantly offered me help (which I didn't always listen to / accept, as I wanted my own, personal, blind playthrough of the game). Aside from that, people were trolling a lot, and tried to lure me into difficult situations/encounters (e.g. Orchard map, Dungeon Brutus, etc).

If I decided that something was risky and not worth it (e.g. going back to Dungeon Brutus after he almost killed me because he was at 40 %, or going back to a Beyond mob that got me to 3 %), people spammed "no balls" and were making fun of me. So streaming the game made it more negative for me, I couldn't progress at my own pace, I felt like I had to please the chat or let the chat play for me and dictate me what I'm doing. It got to a point where I would rather progress off-stream and not on-stream, so I can play however I want to play the game on my first playthrough (even if it means f*cked up skill-tree, low dmg for lvl 73, and avoiding stuff occasionally).

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 18, 2015, 1:44:15 PM
aside from a few bad eggs I think were a jolly good lot
I dont see any any key!
It's no better or worse that it is in any other game, and if he streams D3 as his primary it'll likely be the D3 peps on trolling hard to get him back playing "their" game
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 18, 2015, 12:02:52 PM
Hue POE always had the most sinister and fucked up community. You just haven't been in the dark side and dregs of POE society to realize anything. Hue.
D3 makes you soft!!

(Just mad because I forgot to take my port before going afk last night in a map and now im standard)

Jokes aside I think this is probaly correct:

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
It's no better or worse that it is in any other game
yes.. it is a free to play game so there are a ten times more wankers than decent people
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
yes.. it is a free to play game so there are a ten times more wankers than decent people

Does this imply that paid games have more cultured communities o.o
"
choopk1993 wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

no I wouldent say paid games have more "cultured communities"

but in a paid game people have more to lose if banned
I dont see any any key!
Compared to some gaming communities this one is horrible but compared to others... it's not so bad.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
k1rage wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

no I wouldent say paid games have more "cultured communities"

but in a paid game people have more to lose if banned

Ah, so the fact of having more to lose makes people more civil. Make sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info