[Guide] Knowing your Caster Wands

this is great - something to consider in the leech department is that you can often find cheap 'ele leech' corrupted amulets for sale as well.. cost/benefit of whether your amulet has other dps elements to it, but handy if you can't get the leech on wand(s) or doryani's
RipEleHit
Last edited by farqueue on Mar 17, 2015, 6:04:18 PM
In addition to what Odoakar said, Crit should always have highest priority along with cast speed on crit casters. You just kill everything way faster with slightly weaker, but consistent crits compared to bigger burst damage with less crits/s., especially on Lightning-based builds where shock comes into play.

I would add a % to Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage on the basics section, to avoid confusion with flat damage. Other than that this is a good resource for newer players, or those who just never played casters before. Well done!
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
In addition to what Odoakar said, Crit should always have highest priority along with cast speed on crit casters. You just kill everything way faster with slightly weaker, but consistent crits compared to bigger burst damage with less crits/s., especially on Lightning-based builds where shock comes into play.

I believe I have mentioned that in the guide.

"
Enki91 wrote:

I would add a % to Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage on the basics section, to avoid confusion with flat damage. Other than that this is a good resource for newer players, or those who just never played casters before. Well done!

Good idea. And thanks!
Last edited by Cabesi on Mar 17, 2015, 6:22:02 PM
This is awesome man. Thanks for all your hard work!
What about Kinetic Blast wands?
What a well written guide, thanks for the time you put into this. I am now going to try out a crit cast build for the temp league in a few days. I have a half decent wand in my chaos reciepe tab too it looks like, I dread to think what I have vendored already
Last edited by urbandodo on Mar 18, 2015, 3:26:22 AM
"
Merneith wrote:
What about Kinetic Blast wands?

"Get one with 10+ crit and the highest dps" - the guide.

Hehe, actually, you should slightly prefer high attack speed over pure dps since wands have pretty low base flat damage and a large percentage of your damage(larger than for 2H Axes for example) will come from flat damage added by Amulet, rings, etc.

For ele wands: Crit Chance/Attack Speed>%WED>Flat Ele (I am not 100% sure the Flat Ele would always be worse than the %WED, but I am not gonna test it :-)

Additionally you should think about using a high phys wand even for an elemental based build with Wrath+Anger to see if you can sustain mana with just mana leech and if you can do without a LL gem (majority of the wand nodes affect both phys and ele damage).
Last edited by Cabesi on Mar 18, 2015, 8:05:58 AM
"
urbandodo wrote:
I dread to think what I have vendored already

Exactly the situation I was hoping to prevent :-).
What about the +1/+2 to gem level?
No point looking back now. There's only death. And lots of it.
"
SainteVermine wrote:
What about the +1/+2 to gem level?

Sadly you can't achieve anything with a 3L. Both Faster Casting and ICD give you about 25% more damage each. +3 would give you, in the best case, 30% more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info