Minion instability is not a lost cause afterall...

"
Grughal wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I actually want to investigate i bit more this mechanic

i know that the thing goes like this:

Kill monster -> overkill ignition on narby ennemies->kill/dominate those guys-> degen them to MI's explosion-> ???

??? means i dont know how MI works

id like to know if there is a way to affect this particular explosion with node or support gem. this would make it an even greater chain reaction

Obviously affected by minion damage and he MI explosion should be supported by every gem that supports those minions.
so if support gems linked to the minion's gem affect the MI's explosion

the logical setup would have stuff that buff both DB and Minion's explosion
such as Conc effect gem, chance to ignite*,etc

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
thx man
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Usually these burning foes perish in no more than 3 seconds... For mere recreational use, I suggest a conventional ranged igniting method(Fireball, Flameblast etc) with Conversion Trap. (I don't know whether the trap can be further supported to create a chain reaction burning...)

p.s. Even without burning, a converted white mob is usually killed by surrounding enemies in seconds.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Last edited by Heartsease on Mar 16, 2015, 9:52:36 PM
Looks interesting but I'm skeptical. I'm not sure that the shield is worth it. Couldn't you just use a super powered 2 hander? You could also get elemental equilibrium in order to lower their fire resist. You know arc/curse on hit then hit them with the fire damage? I dunno.

Something seems off. But I've been wrong before. Very wrong. In fact, don't listen to anything I'm saying right now.

But generally I try to avoid using melee splash gem if I'm going for overkill damage.
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
Heal yourself? Is that really worth the keystones and the use of an otherwise subpar melee skill?
Or use the explosions for damage? That means you have to invest into minion nodes as well as melee damage nodes. Your explosions will still have miserable range and no fire pen. How do you guarantee you get to the next pack before your suicide bombers explode? Well, you can't, imo.

Wouldn't just a Mon'tregul zombie dedicated prolif setup be straight up better with MI? Your zombies die instantly to any threatening mob with the Maligaro shield, and they're still able to clean up weak mobs pretty effectively. Plus you don't have to invest into 15 different things, just minion life and minion damage.

"
Zed_ wrote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
Heal yourself? Is that really worth the keystones and the use of an otherwise subpar melee skill?
Or use the explosions for damage? That means you have to invest into minion nodes as well as melee damage nodes. Your explosions will still have miserable range and no fire pen. How do you guarantee you get to the next pack before your suicide bombers explode? Well, you can't, imo.

Wouldn't just a Mon'tregul zombie dedicated prolif setup be straight up better with MI? Your zombies die instantly to any threatening mob with the Maligaro shield, and they're still able to clean up weak mobs pretty effectively. Plus you don't have to invest into 15 different things, just minion life and minion damage.
Dude... this is data collecting stuff, im not trying to accomplish anything

im just saying "hey, i found out that x can lead to Y, if nobody knew"

no need to be a dick
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 16, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
no need to be a dick

Wasn't trying to, I was honestly curious. In fact this post inspired me to try an MI spec. If only I had a Mon'tregul's and a 6L chest. :)

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
no need to be a dick

Wasn't trying to, I was honestly curious. In fact this post inspired me to try an MI spec. If only I had a Mon'tregul's and a 6L chest. :)
Well sorry for misinterpretting your intentions

Mon'tregul is quite cheap, i took a look when getting information to reply to you,i was suprise to see its like 5C
MI is a situational keystone

it is not needed for trash clearing. nor should it be used for healing. your dominated minions are far more valuable dealing damage than healing ~5% of others' minions health a pop

you need precisely one passive cluster (to the left from the Scion start + ie skullhead helmet to keep your minions alive - i have a DB 2h mana build (yes, mana) and my minions dying is not a problem

why MI is situational? when you finally meet something that IS dangerous - igna, xandro, magnus, shrine piety etc that MI detonations make a quick work out of it. otherwise your minions are pretty much always on full health and dealing insane damage.

it is the only situation when your minions are less valuable alive than dead. dominated minions, even with just one or two minion nodes deal immense damage, esp when you get the ball rolling (few rares etc)

that maligaro shield is for SRS and maybe skeletons (however my first attempt failed badly). you want your DB minions (and animated weapons that you should NOT underestimate!) alive. and at full res!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info