Dungeon Brutus [yes, now it is a rant]

No :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
torturo wrote:
Well, they wanted to add components to the fight to make it more interesting, to require movement, positioning and strategy. And they actually succeeded.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
johnKeys wrote:
I need more everything, but Brutus is more than just a rig check.

In such a small arena, with so many minions that spawn endlessly, with a zero-wind-up cheap-shot spikes attack which takes advantage of you being locked in place by the horde (as opposed to the previous version's hook which could do some crowd-control for you) - Brutus is simply too much crap rolled into one boss.

My technical issues are a breaking point, but there's more than enough stuff to make this fight ridiculous, without them.

You say that he is more than just a rig, but people with good rigs tell you that he is not. How can you tell, when you are on the "dark side"? :V

He does have lots of shit going on, but tbh this is better than old, sad Brutus which did nothing. And believe me, he is EXTREMELY easy if you have IC. And most melee characters have IC, unless you are using evasion/block. Again - one build cannot and will not (or even should not?) be able to do all content. If this disparity was bigger, then people would have more reasons to trade maps... I don't know :@.

Brutus is broken, but so are other map bosses. Part of HC (I think) is choosing wisely. :P

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
T_Reich wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
I have no idea who invented this "skip mechanic"...

Probably the same horrible kind of people who defend the use of alt+f4 (or even worse - log-out macros!) as a legitimate (HC) technique of dealing with their mistakes or unfairly tough content.

people ALT+F4 just like they pulled the power/network cords out, back in the old days.
GGG can do absolutely nothing against that. the ladder thing and whatnot, makes people show their competitive side, with both its good parts and bad.

but GGG should not balance the game assuming people ALT+F4. never.
they currently do.
that's why we have all these BS one-shots and overkill bosses.
like Brutus, who apparently not only can do everything including throw the Kitchen Sink at you, all at once - he's also "balanced" as if the game's engine isn't utter crap, and connection and sync issues do not exist.
you know, just to add insult to injury.

I do agree about Alt+F4. Still think those one-hits should be there on map level. It is not like you can Alt+F4 from those anyways. You can, however Alt+F4 from bad situation you place yourself into. And THIS is damn stupid. You play stupid, you die. That is HC, right?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
T_Reich wrote:

You do. You have a choice of moving away from the boss when it initiates its not-exactly-fast attack animation.

By your logic, you can't win versus Vaal as melee because you can't move away from his attacks, so his smah will surely do you in.

Also, if you're an honest melee char in a 76 map, I assume you have enough tankiness to have both cleared the 76 precinct map as well as a good deal of other similar level maps and their bosses. Otherwise, how did you end up attacking a 76 map boss?

I find it really hard to avoid his regular attacks, unlike brutus's slam. Must be just me being bad or slow attacking...

Also comparing Vaal slam vs a standard attack? Wow...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 26, 2015, 3:48:39 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Brutus is broken, but so are other map bosses. Part of HC (I think) is choosing wisely. :P

This is very true. Not all builds can do all content at all times (in their progression).

There is no 'skipping', just picking the fight at the appropriate time. ;)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

This is very true. Not all builds can do all content at all times (in their progression).

There is no 'skipping', just picking the fight at the appropriate time. ;)

Exactly, I've done every single boss in this game so there isn't any "shying away" about it - is it worth getting cancer and the time to get maybe 1 or 2 yellows from a 66 map? It's even worse xp/h.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info