Bloodlines. Minara in a box

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Nerdicide wrote:
I also play bloodlines, and for example I usually have problems with jungle valley boss. So what do I do, try to kill her anyway? No, I just skip her. I feel no pity for someone who KNOWS they have issues with opening exile boxes, yet do it anyway. Either upgrade your PC or skip/reroll them.

There's a difference between skipping something because your build can handle it, and skipping something because the developers refuse to add an option to disable the mtx effects that cause this loading time from the hard drive, stopping your game for seconds. Or whatever they need to do to fix it.

Tbh yes I just skip or reroll. But sometimes it's a hard ask (Carto with +levels, Gemcutter with quality etc.). Btw you don't need to take stupid risks for this to happen. My game is frozen for 3+ seconds whenever finding a Tora camp. Exiles/Vaal skills exist everywhere. It's really annoying and I don't have these issues with on-demand asset loading in any other game that also has randomized map content.

Well, I stand by my opinions, but i do agree that allowing the players to disable mtx effects would be a simple fix for those who are having problems, and probably would be easy to implement.
"disabling mtx effects"

you know ggg would never do that right? when their profits rely on selling mtx, its like asking a company to disable their advertisements.

its been many years since people ask for that option and their nonchalence shows you what their policy is.
mtx effects are only partial reason why minara takes longer to load. There's additional models that must be loaded with her: statues, skeles, skele boss.. and that already adds to longer loading times.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 16, 2015, 3:38:20 AM
"
It's such an easy fix. Yet we get an ingame clock in 1.4. Oh well... I guess the average player is too lazy to press Alt+Tab. (or the Windows key heaven forbid...)

The ingame clock is very useful for Race events.
I do agree with having the option to disable the MTX tho.

"
I feel no pity for someone who KNOWS they have issues with opening exile boxes, yet do it anyway.

The thing is strongboxes contain the best loot in the game and it's hard to resist taking the risk when you know you can get 6L, quality gems, orbs and other stuff.

What i do is plant 3 Conversion Traps, a taunt totem and either lightning warp away ( risky since you can get interrupted while opening) or trigger smoke mine ( safest option ) then game freezes for 4 seconds and then i run as far away as possible and pray the box didn't spawn the flameblast guy or Igna Phoenix.
"
"disabling mtx effects"

you know ggg would never do that right? when their profits rely on selling mtx, its like asking a company to disable their advertisements.

The situation is like they're putting the advertisement on the windscreen of the car they're trying to sell me. Yes I will ask them to remove that. Satisfied customers are also more likely to buy your mtx, and the disable would still be optional, so the ppl who never had any issues wouldn't even know/care about this most likely.

"
johnKeys wrote:
oh god... oh god... I'm alive. I'm alive!
Smoke Mine worked, but I didn't know for sure because my screen literally froze for more than 10 seconds.

Purity Of Fire up. die bitch! you and your exploding zombies! DIE!

*picks up trash loot. box wasn't even worth it*...

@GGG, can someone please do something about her Strongbox spawning?
dear lord.

I think you do not know how long 10 seconds are. Or you are doing level 66 maps at level 90, while being an max-shield tank. herp. Also, quality thread.

Spoiler
You forgot to say "nice risk-reward"
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 17, 2015, 8:26:06 AM
yeah pls the exile screen freeze is really ridiculous :S agree with OP something should be done
Last edited by CabooseDog on Mar 17, 2015, 9:17:04 AM
SSD should help here
Its not only helpful for POE, so quiet a nice investment anyways.
"
noobstaa wrote:
SSD should help here
Its not only helpful for POE, so quiet a nice investment anyways.
Its not only helpful for POE, but it helps with PoE lags more than it helps with any other game.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Minara lags are horrible. Has someone else experienced this, too: one time, minara has spawned for me a unique (brown named) skeleton archer O.O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info