[ LLD & HLD ] Your Balanced/Broken builds list

"

What did I just read..? Point blank with crit dagger?! The level of ignorance is simply astounding I have to say.

As if your RT sword mara with 2k hp isn't the most cookiecutter build there is -.-

You do realise almost all the best LLD builds with literally bis items have a hp value somewhere between 1k-1,2k?

Heavy strike is still perhaps the only skill that actually needs adjusting the most. I would say a sword heavy striker is the ultimate best LLD character at the moment. It can be built in a way it beats literally everything else there is. No one has made a character like that in the temp leagues.

I really appreciate haunt's effort to brings up different topics for discussion. Unlike many others, he's the only one spending time to discuss issues we face in pvp even though his primary interest is HLD and not LLD. Seriously, where are other top llders this whole time? like brain, waggle and other alpha testers. I really hope there are a lot lot more discussion threads on alpha forums, but I have a feeling that I'm being too optimistic.

I wish you would just explain yourself in an easy way, with evidence instead acting like you are the end of all llders. After all this is the pvp feedback section. Also I hope you don't expect us to bring a perfect vagon sword or legacy perandus out of our asses in the temp league.
I wanna ask the same thing from hauntworld too to provide more evidences when you are trying to prove a point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Also a few (LLD) facts that I've tested extensively. feel free to check it.

HS would do a lot more damage if there wasn't the knockback effect. You will achieve the full damage when the opponent is against a wall or wearing cannot be knocked back boots.

with a 1.96 aps foil that I'm using, cyclone with herald of ash (no link 24 mana cost, to a trarget with 500 Armour 800 evasion) does exactly the same damage as heavy strike 4link (multi added fire wed - 23 mana cost) if the target has zero fire resistance. when capped fire, cyclone does a little bit like 10-20% more damage.

Less attack speed you with the same dps you will do more damage with cyclone because of the initial hit when you cast or at the beginning of a new travel (as of 1.3). movement speed and using quicksilver flask increases your both HS and cyclone dps because u will reach the target or the end of the cyclone path faster and you will trigger the initial hit more often. Hence, a FB build with the same tooltip dps as sword build using a 1.96 aps foil can dish 40% more damage using smoke mine and quicksilver as we see in blitz. But FBs lack movement skill which justifies a little bit more damage they do. And 99% of the time a sword build should be able to beat a Fb build.

It's amazing to me how balance cyclone is, almost same damage, same mana cost as HS with a huge draw back (reduced movement speed). And the cool part about it is that it counters imbalanced and annoying stuffs in pvp, like shotgun mechanics, stun and traps.

Last edited by Mephisto_n on Mar 15, 2015, 5:49:52 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
You realize knockback is a con to HS. If you get cannot be knocked back HS has potential to do far more damage. The knockback is a saving grace for those that actually move instead of just standing there holding attack duuuuuuuuh why am I getting kb duuuuuuuuuuh. It allows you to create space between you and the HS'er so you can walk out of range/leap/whirling...etc..etc.. IF you have cannot be stunned or stun avoidance % and actually avoid it. Multistrike or not, I hope they remove KB from HS so I can smack bitches around that much easier.

Did you know that knockback interrupts spells? When using a weapon with 7 range and decent attack speed, knockback also prevents like 50% of the attacks from a dagger character for an example. I will remind you there is a 100% chance to knockback with heavy.. That thing is just ridiculously overpowered. If you are a caster or melee character with low range, you have to use an item with can't be knockbacked corruption.

Oh yes it also has a free extra link with stun gem on top of the knockbacking.. The amount of utility that skill has is just way too good.

All of the above is about LLD by the way.
Stun interrupts the spells, knockback shouldn't be doing that. Knockback + range is definitely an abuse-able spec and without Daresso's amulet on temp leagues I'm sure its pretty dominate with a rapier style weapon. Honestly though I do hope HS sees a tweak to kb, 25%-50% chance instead of 100%. Id leave the rest of the skill alone, it seriously pales in comparison to Molten/Static and Cyclone. Ground slam is also superior to Heavy strike given its ranged,multi hitting and stuns like a mofo. Id put Glacial hammer a notch above Heavy strike aswell but the rarity of a good staff/mace in lld pretty much makes this a non issue. Also molten,static,cyclone and ground slam all hit hs even on a KB..or avoid KB by design. Dagger can use 3 of these, molten and cyclone being the best choice BC they don't require a hit to proc/work. Cast when stunned frostwall + piercing spells or molten strike >>>>>> hs hard too.

Seems given all of this, the problem comes 360 degrees back to the issue of swords no? I mentioned a few weeks ago Daresso's should drop again and swords should lose either passive BCR off the tree or have their range reduced to that of 1h axe/mace. Makes no sense 2h sword has the same range as 1h sword and less range then a rapier in the first place. Daggers range is fine, I'd lower rapier range to 6 at the very least.

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 16, 2015, 4:46:52 PM
"
lapiz wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
You realize knockback is a con to HS. If you get cannot be knocked back HS has potential to do far more damage. The knockback is a saving grace for those that actually move instead of just standing there holding attack duuuuuuuuh why am I getting kb duuuuuuuuuuh. It allows you to create space between you and the HS'er so you can walk out of range/leap/whirling...etc..etc.. IF you have cannot be stunned or stun avoidance % and actually avoid it. Multistrike or not, I hope they remove KB from HS so I can smack bitches around that much easier.

Did you know that knockback interrupts spells? When using a weapon with 7 range and decent attack speed, knockback also prevents like 50% of the attacks from a dagger character for an example. I will remind you there is a 100% chance to knockback with heavy.. That thing is just ridiculously overpowered. If you are a caster or melee character with low range, you have to use an item with can't be knockbacked corruption.

Oh yes it also has a free extra link with stun gem on top of the knockbacking.. The amount of utility that skill has is just way too good.

All of the above is about LLD by the way.

The quality on it is also pretty nuts... 15% attack speed pretty darn good
IGN: Beardedwizzard
Hope one day HS gets nerfed, I have been talking about its utility need adjustment for a long time. I think stun needs an overall adjustment and then HS needs another adjustment on top of that.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
1. Cyclone
2. Molten Shell (damage output is too high when combined with fire pen)
3. Melee physical damage (due to lack of good defense) mirrored weapons can deliver painful damage with any sort of skills
4. Bear Trap
5. Vegan Daggers CoC Flickers

Last edited by alshabibi7 on Mar 16, 2015, 5:46:44 AM
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
1. Cyclone
2. Molten Shell (damage output is too high when combined with fire pen)
3. Melee physical damage (due to lack of good defense) mirrored weapons can deliver painful damage with any sort of skills
4. Bear Trap
5. Vegan Daggers CoC Flickers

alrighty, should give you a 500pdps sword and see how you do to prove it
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info