How to boost yourself to #1 rating on Ladder

With the upcoming Invitationals, I thought i'd like to share a method which all of you would love to know.

Requirements

- 1 good Friend (or you know, "friend" aka sibling, aka second account, aka 2 clients)
- At least 2 LLD characters per account. 1 main, 1 smurf. 2 smurfs. Too easy with premades. You can just create lose and transfer points and delete. Rinse and repeat.
- Time, both time required and playing at the deadest time of the server.

Notation

- Main: Character you want in invitationals
- Smurf1: Main's Smurf
- Smurf2: 2nd account Smurf 1
- Smurf3: 2nd account Smurf 2.

Method

- Queue Smurf1 against Smurf2 and win on smurf1, do this a few times because the original rating gained is massive and thus is more efficient this way. Make sure to win 4-0
- Queue higher rating Smurf1 against Smurf3 and keep losing 0-4 until Smurf3 hits 1700-1800.
- Queue main against the 1700-1800 Smurf3 and keep beating it 4-0. At some point Smurf3 will stop losing rating while your main will continue to gain 3-4 rating per win.
- When your main beings to gain 2 rating or less, (2300+ rating i think) you need to repeat the initial steps and boost Smurf3 first to an even higher rating. 1900-2000 should yield 10+ rating per win. 2100+ is 20+ and 2200 should be upwards of 40.

Discussion

Why does this work?

GGG fucked up :D

How does this work?

Because of the SEVERE lack of a playerbase there will often be time where you won't be able find ANY one when queueing. Therefore when you have a friend who has his LLD character queueing up, it doesn't matter what rating he is at because there are only 2 people queueing at one time.

The system will compensate lower rating characters because it is expected that the higher rating character will win. Therefore at a certain point, the lower rating player will be compensated for the loss (0 points) and when the lower rating player has rating as low as 1000, they will actually GAIN rating no matter what.

Because the high rating player has won, system will only award a few points. However because you can spam yourself against your designated enemy due to literally no one else playing, you can keep beating your friend over and over and over again.

IS THIS AGAINST THE RULES?

No, this is not. In season 1, this was used by 2 players on US HC ladder and they both made it into the invitational and were given Alternate Art Talismans and more.

Tips

Do it early before everyone is doing it so you can secure your spot very high up on the ladder early on.

PSA: I am not participating in Season 2 PvP. I was a big advocate for PvP but too many issues now push me back. Eitherway, I thought it was only fair that everyone knows this method because surely it wouldn't be fair if it was used by only a specific few to gain those alt arts and destroy competition. Right...?

But don't fret, so far the history that should be setting the precedence for future PvP falls down to only a few points anyway. Allowed in First ever PvP Invitationals, thus we can deduce it's allowed for the rest.

1. Feedback for overall players are dwarfed by "elite player opinions only". Most notable on these forums.

2. Apparently balance should only be for Top Tier players. What defines Top Tier anyway? 20ex+?

3. Apparently you need green and dude in your name to gain any sort of response and action.

I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Mar 13, 2015, 1:34:10 PM
It is one way of doing it.
In season 2 EU queue guy on first spot was doing it in different way.
He got caster gear which allow him to rekt middle tier players all day.
He farm them in normal queue while EU day to get several chars on alt acc to high rating.

Then while EU night(to be sure noone queue from guys who actually will beat him) he "transfer" points to main acc.
I made topic about it once and ggg remove it within 3 minutes cos of naming and shaming. Then i email support and wait for any action from GGG like 10 days or so. Just to show you how fast ggg are in actually protecting exploiters in comparison to any action to protect 'legal' guys.

Also your post sounds too agressive, it took defintely too much time in my eyes to prevent this but i still hope ggg will take some action against him. Especially they got time to prepare against this after first season.
Last edited by kuan999 on Mar 13, 2015, 1:12:09 PM
Do note, this method was used (not by me) to gain at least 1 Alt Art Talisman in season 1.

This is ALLOWED by GGG as even karma koin rewards were distributed to said player.

Edit: I shall clarify. It takes 2 parties (or your doppelganger to pull this off). 1st Party that gets boosted and 2nd party that does the boosting are both allowed. This is seem from Season 1, where 1st party won Alt Art Talisman through getting boosted, while the booster won Alt Art Talismans through Swiss entrance. Both were allowed and went through without any problem.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Mar 13, 2015, 1:19:05 PM
I was thinking of leveling Leo, noticed how easy it was to boost your own ladder rating and just gave up on pvp again. Karma coins were tempting but I'm not that bored.
i might try this on next ladder
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
WoW rating boosting used to work exactly like this.
MTX Finder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989787
QoL Updates Offline Skilltree Planner: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
Buy me a coffee here :P https://www.paypal.me/EmmittJ
This was always inevitable from the out-set as long as PVP didn't gain a decent sized playerbase. People gaming the system and matchfixing for easier alt-art skins. Since PVP playerbase is so small, GGG really doesn't have a large need to devote resources to regulating against match-fixing, and taking resources away from PVE playerbase.

This is exactly the same reason I have always been strongly against betting on matches in PVP that has been mentioned by Hegemony and some other PVPers. A betting system to would only lead to further match-fixing. Even esports and real sports that have much more resources to use to regulate against match-fixing, still have to deal with such issues from time to time.

Honestly, with the size of PVP, it is much better for dedicated people such as Greendude to run their own leagues or tournaments and GGG to offer some prizes to the winners.

A dedicated ladder system just is not practical unless there is a large number of players competing.

Furthermore, a big problem that PVP had was that it really needed people to know that it was accessible to anyone and the PVP community was very helpful and friendly to new players. So often, people who wanted to try PVP simply read all the "it's too expensive, not worth it" type posts, and they never even gave it a shot. Or they tried to use their "OP" PVE build in a PVP match, lost very badly and then never tried again, not realizing there are many players in the game who would love to teach them about PVP and help them. PVP just never got over the "too expensive" stigma.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 13, 2015, 2:41:15 PM
Damn i didnt know people are that desperate for imaginary points thats pretty sad
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 13, 2015, 2:39:47 PM
Is this going to work like "WTB PvP wins, offering X exa's"?
I NEVER understood such people who are "buying" PvP boost, what's the purpose when u are noob?

LAME
LAME
LAME
LAME
LAME
Check my shop at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/201211
My gem shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/876899
BUYING ITEM/ORB/GEM PACKS WITH BULK PRICE, PM ME!

IGN: KillKillKillKillKill
Its not about imaginary points its about invitational.
And armagedon you seem to not understand you dont need to buy a single one match all you need is lld char above average and 2 acc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info