How to boost yourself to #1 rating on Ladder

"
goat4dinner wrote:
Thanks for pointing this stuff out skyforth/Kais - nice to see it confirmed "PVP is broken and rather pointless"

Not in HLD, when they come to standard HLD and try yo boost themself, I'll fuck them up
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I don't think GGG "fucked up". This is an inherent problem in any vs rating systems.
"
diffor wrote:
I don't think GGG "fucked up". This is an inherent problem in any vs rating systems.

Pretty much this, as some have already mentioned such stuff happening in WoW, not to mention intentional throwing in moba games like LoL and Dota. It's a known PvP problem and noone here exactly invented the wheel.

As for PvP being useless, i just don't get such mindset. I for one find it commendable of GGG to give everyone the option of doing many variants of PvP (LLD, HLD, Arena, CTF, 2vs2, different tournaments etc.) instead of just giving a single closed place for brawling without any rules or limitations like D3 did. I believe that having more options is always better than having less options, even if one doesn't really use them. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Tom7i on Mar 14, 2015, 8:16:35 AM
"
diffor wrote:

GGG fucked up in using this exploitable system to determine which players will go to invitational tournament. A system which is easily compromised should not be deemed reliable enough for this.

Besides, I can think of several (fully automatic) ways to either completely prevent smurf-boosting, or make it take at least x100 times more time to do, it's just that GGG never acknowledged such a problem and done nothing about it so far.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Mar 14, 2015, 9:09:01 AM
Actually thanks for posting this, it should help in getting it addressed :P
"
"
diffor wrote:

GGG fucked up in using this exploitable system to determine which players will go to invitational tournament. A system which is easily compromised should not be deemed reliable enough for this.

Besides, I can think of several (fully automatic) ways to either completely prevent smurf-boosting, or make it take at least x100 times more time to do, it's just that GGG never acknowledged such a problem and done nothing about it so far.

Why should they spend any time designing any extra systems for a gamemode that the grand majority of the playerbase doesn't care about at all?

PvP players got some buffs to their prefered gameplay mode, be happy with what you got. If GGG was a bit smarter they wouldn't have given you anything to begin with. Because like SWtoR showed: if you do something halfassed people will start complaining about something that they wouldn't get at all otherwise.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 14, 2015, 10:39:56 AM
"
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Thanks for pointing this stuff out skyforth/Kais - nice to see it confirmed "PVP is broken and rather pointless"

Not in HLD, when they come to standard HLD and try yo boost themself, I'll fuck them up

Hehe, nice to know u r always there Tommie. I expect you to be there 24/7 hour shifts then. ;o)
"
goat4dinner wrote:
"
"
goat4dinner wrote:

Hehe, nice to know u r always there Tommie. I expect you to be there 24/7 hour shifts then. ;o)

Please, I hope they try to boost when I'm there to stop them
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
meh , who cares about hld on standard ... actually who carses about lld on standard

crap actually who cares about hld / lld on torment / blood lines.

DAMN IT!

plus if you try to stop them , you are still technically helping them, its evil but when i was unintentionally blocking 2 boosters (who admittedly were only doing it for leo pts) i got boosted to spot 3 on the std ladder.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 20, 2015, 2:17:46 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
... i got boosted to spot 3 on the std ladder.

Cheater!!1!1
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info