[2.0 HC Updated] Montreguls Block Summoner with SRS

DB, thank you.

I will update for 2.0, once I've had a few days to mess with a builder.
I'm up to about 60 in the new HC league with a build that's closely trying to copy your old one and it's working out great. Now that I'm starting to get some good links my clear speed is really taking off. Your build also goes perfectly with the Stygian Revenants as spectres from Act 4. Bones of Ullr will probably shoot up in price. :-)
That's great to hear!

I'm in the final stages of testing my new (modified) build. I have to say, initially I was disappointed by some of the changes, but I think I've got it tweeted to about 90%.

I'll be posting an updated build this weekend, after I test drive the new build through merciless Act4.

Here's a preview:
* 12k life zombies
* 2 specters
* Roughly 300 life regen
* Roughly 100 mana regen (enough for endless SRS spam)
* 22 SRS
* Up to 3 easily attainable jewel sockets
* Roughly 50% damage avoidance
* Over 5k armour
* And about 145% life nodes

Will lose Arctic Armour and Mind over Matter.

More to come!
Last edited by dragonagefun on Jul 11, 2015, 4:47:14 PM
Updated for 2.0. Build is a WIP as I get more play time in Awakening.
Sadly I RIP'd at around 60. Got careless and also a bit unlucky I think and ran into Pikerivet in the Mines with a Chaos Tempest running. Went from full HP to dead in 2 seconds even with relatively strong defenses. x_x

Gonna reroll with your updated build eventually when I'm more familiar with the new content. :-)
Hello,

I am a total newbie so I want to ask - Is this build newbie friendly? I'm level 20 and I haven't found a summon gem so far. So atm I'm using what I have.

Thanks
Hey Dethro, the build is definitely newbie friendly and great for a new league on a fresh start. Traditionally summoners is one of the least gear defendant builds because your minions do all the work.

Although I have listed several uniques in this build which might be difficult to get for a newbie, those uniques are really for end-game and absolutely not required as you start to map. The Stone of Lazwar can be got for 1C, Lioneyes Remorse for 15-20C, rainbowstrides for 15-20C, and Montreguls for 2-4Ex (most expensive piece).

Give the build a try and see how you like it. You will start to feel the power once your minions gems are around level 10-12, which is usually around when you hit level ~40, and only gets better. Don't forget to get items with armour, life and try to cap out resist. If you have any build questions ask away and I'll do my best to help.

Btw, jewels are absolutely not needed until much later on when you stumble across some nice ones while leveling.
Last edited by dragonagefun on Jul 14, 2015, 11:19:59 AM
Are the evangelists dealing enough dmg without added fire?
For Specter damage gem setup that's flexible, I run:

Raise Specter - Chaos Golem - Minion Damage - Faster Cast/Spell Echo.

This lets you use evangelists or flame sentinels or revenants interchangeably for damage. Damage is decent but still no where near 15 to 20 SRS.

I plan to use evangelist for bubble and not damage so the long term plan is to go with:

Raise Specter - Chaos Golem - Minion Life - Increased Duration

My Montreguls zombie and 20 SRS is more than capable of wrecking a map. The bubble brings invaluable defense.
any chance of you posting your current gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info