Preview of Upcoming UI/QOL Improvements

"
Jerssible wrote:
clock hype!, hope they don't nerf it

Lol, now only if the clock was in the top right. :P
That emotionnal rollercoaster when you read "Preview of Upcoming UI/QOL Improvements" on the POE homepage and you realize that you now have one more clock on your computer screen...
Finally Clock XD
RoyalFlushy - 90 Ranger (CoC High Block)
RoyalBreaker - 82 Duelist (Legacy FaceBreaker)
"
Hillelon wrote:
That emotionnal rollercoaster when you read "Preview of Upcoming UI/QOL Improvements" on the POE homepage and you realize that you now have one more clock on your computer screen...

LOL, TRUE!!!
But hey, there will be much more qol improvements revealed in the next weaks. A slow start does not say much about the whole picture - I really think we will see some really great improvements too.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I can't help it and have to say it.
The purpose of the clock is not only to know what time it is. It will be used especially by players who race and go for that 1st Class 1st overall. If you watch streamers race/racers stream you will hear things like "Damn, 13min Brutus, that's not going to be top5 boys." or "Damn I lost 5 seconds in that zone." etc. They care a lot about time so this is definitely QoL.

Also, understand GGG wants to avoid HUD design and features that would make it look more like MMORPG. That's why you'll probably never see customizable HUD. (I've read a lot of interviews and stuff about PoE development)
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
Last edited by mireklefou on Mar 13, 2015, 10:00:03 AM
"
Hillelon wrote:

... that's in the game window in a location that is cluttering up the UI.
While I'm glad they are adding all sorts of little extras, and am not in the slightest bothered by clocks or names on the map, you gotta admit that the people hailing these changes like the second coming of Christ are kinda overreacting. That's not to say these aren't nice QOL's, but there's more glaring issues that should be focussed on.
I really hope they add a /remaining on maps maybe with the rest of the info to the right hand corner when you press tab.

Seems so simple and so needed
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
harhar.. nice little 'preview', krillson.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Is the in game clock going to be based on server or local time. Displaying both somewhere would be super helpful for knowing when dailies reset. Just a thought.

Love QoL updates! Keep em coming!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info