Endless Coldsnap - Seeking Build Advice

Hi all,

I'm seeking advice for my current build that I run.
I get to spam Cold Snap, and I keep generally everything frozen at nearly all times.
Videos of it in action and details below.
Summary of the video:

Cold Snap = Romira's Banquet + Resolute Technique
Gain Charges from Voll's Devotion for Immortal Call.
CI.
Plan to run conduit for 8 Power, 3 End.

Updated Stats:
~ 4.25k ES
~ 1333 Mana
~ 75 Mana Regen
~ 110 Mana cost per cast
~ 2 (0.49 Caast speed) Casts per second
~ "4k Average Damage" (Tooltip) No power charges.
~ "6k Average Damage" (Tooltip) 8 Power charges. Both single target, no idea AoE?
~ Max Fire and Light Resist. 60 Cold Resist.

Items used:

YouTube video that explains most of it and has a demonstration (bad):

Old Post for Documentation Purposes

Hi all,

I'm seeking advice for my current build that I run.
I get to spam Cold Snap, and I keep generally everything frozen at nearly all times.
Unfortunately it is midnight here, and I'm honestly way too lazy right now to put a detailed description of how it works, please do watch the video.
But here's a TL;DR of the video:

Cold Snap = Romira's Banquet + Resolute Technique
Gain Charges from Voll's Devotion and Blood Frenzy.
CI.
Plan to run conduit for 8 Power, 3 End, 3 Frenzy charges.

Updated Stats:
~3.4k ES
~1250 Mana
~70 Mana Regen
~100 Mana cost per cast
~ 2 (0.53 Caast speed) Casts per second
~ "2.5k DPS" (Tooltip) on single target no Idea AoE?
~50-60 all res. Need to improve :(
Idk what else to include in quick summary... details below

Old Stats
~3.4k ES
~750 Mana
~50 Mana Regen
~150 Mana cost per cast
~ 2 Casts per second
~ 2.5k DPS on single target no Idea AoE?
~50-60 all res. Need to improve :(
Idk what else to include in quick summary... details below

Items used:

YouTube video that explains most of it and has a demonstration:
IGN: Ikbosh
Last edited by Ikbosh on Mar 19, 2015, 9:45:43 AM
Whats the question here?
You're investing an awful lot into being able to run that 2-link noncrit Discharge if you ask me. Without the power charges and Void Battery you could build a lot stronger Cold Snap.
I don't understand why you took Zealot's Oath, your build has no life regen in it.
And your shield doesn't do anything for you if you have low armor and not capped resists.

Why do you combine absolutely top tier uniques with vendor-grade rares? As a result, you have low ES and low resists.

Thinking about ES, why do you want to be CI? Just for the Blood Rage? Seems hardly worth the effort. I imagine you'd get much further if you went with Life+EB+AA. You might even get enough mana regen going in order to be able to drop that Mana Leech gem and deal more damage.

I understand you want to be a support character. But will you get kills in a full party for Blood Rage to make sense?
I haven't seen the video, but seems to me that you'd be better off killing stuff 1.5 seconds faster rather than keeping it frozen for 1.5 seconds, then killing it.
"
vvooee wrote:
Whats the question here?

How could I improve this quick build I made? "I'm seeking advice for my current build that I run"

"
Zed_ wrote:
You're investing an awful lot into being able to run that 2-link noncrit Discharge if you ask me. Without the power charges and Void Battery you could build a lot stronger Cold Snap.
I don't understand why you took Zealot's Oath, your build has no life regen in it.
And your shield doesn't do anything for you if you have low armor and not capped resists.

I don't use the discharge, it's currently just there since I couldn't yet think of anything else to fill in my Gem slots. Completely open to ideas.

Re: Void Battery, I'm all ears, what would you recommend I use instead?
Re: Zealot's Oath, excellent question, not sure why I have it either.
Re: Shield, new to CI. Feel free to elaborate?

As an FYI. This character was built very quickly, using gear from a friend, and using gear from previous test builds of mine.
The stats, were /really/ quickly chosen, I came back, stat reset had hit, I could not remember much at all about build structure I had been testing prior to reset etc..

"
BaalSeinOpa wrote:
Why do you combine absolutely top tier uniques with vendor-grade rares? As a result, you have low ES and low resists.

Thinking about ES, why do you want to be CI? Just for the Blood Rage? Seems hardly worth the effort. I imagine you'd get much further if you went with Life+EB+AA. You might even get enough mana regen going in order to be able to drop that Mana Leech gem and deal more damage.

I understand you want to be a support character. But will you get kills in a full party for Blood Rage to make sense?

As mentioned in my reply to the above questions.
The build was very quickly put together.
Gear from left and right was obtained, rares were either super quickly found on XYZ or pulled from one of my various test characters, or vast useless stash of random things.

So I know all my rares need improvement.
I plan on selling a lot of things and building (merching :P) up some cash again (gave a lot away to a mate when I stopped playing)
So that's one thing I'm hugely hoping to get some advice for; What Rares to look for, if possible examples even? Should I be working to make anything with these new masters etc?

Not for the blood rage, no, that was just something I realized I could use due to CI.
I previously had a blood magic marauder that I tested this idea on, I don't recall why, but I didn't like having to figure out Chaos resistance etc. But I also believe I wanted to mess with the Aegis.

I'm by no means restricted to this design, and am definitely keen to theorycraft with someone should they desire to. All in all, at this point the build works and I use it to play 70+ Maps with people, damage works, and entire screens stay frozen, so it's wicked fun.

"
BearCares wrote:
I haven't seen the video, but seems to me that you'd be better off killing stuff 1.5 seconds faster rather than keeping it frozen for 1.5 seconds, then killing it.

Watch the video :) I take nearly no damage ever, and if I play in a team, nearly no one takes damage. It creates a wicked support role and can keep bosses frozen locked if they have minions around.
I'm not a pure damage, I'm a crowd control support role with a bit of damage to add.
It's definitely a lot of fun.
Last edited by Ikbosh on Mar 10, 2015, 9:00:44 PM
This is very similar to my cold snap build, minus the romira. I've got a romira too. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2jTfjCpHyU&list=PLA7erk0oNe2pec8aJEI-sMzXEmL13K8WN
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
This is very similar to my cold snap build, minus the romira. I've got a romira too. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2jTfjCpHyU&list=PLA7erk0oNe2pec8aJEI-sMzXEmL13K8WN

Mate, now you're the person I'd like to chat with. We can work out the kinks together, test concepts, theory craft etc.
What timezone you in? I'll add you.
"
Ikbosh wrote:

Mate, now you're the person I'd like to chat with. We can work out the kinks together, test concepts, theory craft etc.
What timezone you in? I'll add you.

I look forward to it! I've sent contact info in private message.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Im currently working on an endless Cold snap Build. But my apporach is a bit different.

here is my current gear:
Spoiler

Here is the Tree I will get to once I respecced a little:

Gem Setups:

Cold Snap - Concentrated Effect - Increased AoE - FC - Cold Pen - Added Light (additional Shock chance)
HoI - Clarity - PoI - Reduced Mana
HoT - Curse on hit - Frost Bite - Reduced Mana
For Bosses: Vaal Saprk - Added Chaos - Added Cold - GMP - Inc Druation

Since I cant crit I try to have a very high chance to freeze. Apart from that the focus is on dealing damage, which also results in higher freeze durations aka survivability.
I decided against Ele Prolif after testing because: Allmost All mobs except Rares and Bosses die with one cast. Everything else gets frozen, and the AoE is big enough for Ele Prolif to be actually useless. I decided to instead go for a quality (to be improved) added lighting damage to get more chance to shock besides the 10% from tree (For bosses etc.)

Mana is an Issue why I wwent Eb and the Pledge helps tremendously. Very safe and fast clearing build (Ranged instant AoE Freeze with huge consistent damage? Hell Yeah!) Except against ele reflect mobs... but I'm working on this issue with more life and higher Pruity atm.

regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info