[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

On live yes, quite easily. Done by two of my guildmates.
It will be harder in 2.0 as she has much more life.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 21, 2015, 12:22:06 PM
"
leviathaHF wrote:
Can u kill normal atzi with poison arrow?

Farmed the hell out of her with it - its actually a very good skill to kill her with since you can be moving and not attacking as the damage is being done.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on May 21, 2015, 5:50:44 PM
I have one question, what is the point of drillneck? does it increase poison clound dmg or just the projec dmg?
Both. It's the BiS quiver for any PA build.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
What's a good substitute for Empower and Pierce (don't have drillneck)

Does added chaos scale the dot? i'm on beta so i'm gonna use slower proj as the other.
No, ACD doesn't help.
There's no good substitutes right now. PA has very little effective supports, and empower and pierce are two of the three the most important ones currently (the 3rd being conc effect).

In 2.0, slower proj will be more effective than pierce, most probably, as it will add more damage instead of increased.
and by pierce being important you mean with drillneck i assume? doesn't really do much otherwise, does it?
Yes with drillneck, which is the BiS quiver, by far.
If you don't have it, just replace by slower or faster proj proj.

To give you some ideas, here are some numbers, based on my PA archer, which is different from the OP's one:

with +3 bow (with Leo mod +29% DoT) and no Drillneck:

lvl 19 PA, Slower proj 18, conc effect 19/20, pierce 20/20 (doesn't help here): 4354 tooltip dps.
add empower 1: 4996
add empower 2: 5737
add empower 3: 6580

PA 20, Slower Proj 18, Conc Eff 19/20, Pierce 20/20: 4996
add empower 1: 5737
add empower 2: 6580
add empower 3: 7544

same setup with drillneck:

PA 19, Slower Proj 18, Conc Eff 19/20, Pierce 20/20: 5195
add empower 1: 5965
add empower 2: 6845
add empower 3: 7852

PA 20, Slower Proj 18, Conc Eff 19/20, Pierce 20/20: 5965
add empower 1: 6845
add empower 2: 7852
add empower 3: 9001
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 23, 2015, 1:03:54 PM
Thanks for the info dude, sure seems like a cool build, i might try it when awakening goes live.
that being said, acquiring a drillneck and a levelled empower and rolling 3 skills on my 6l bow seems a bit tough during 2 weeks :p
This is not a build for a league start. The prerequisites are too high.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info