Animates are trash, how to make them good

"
+1 for making Animated Guardian better. I want to use that skill so much, but it's just a waste of items and the gem slot you would put it in.

Unless their only design goal was to make a portable minion buff, it was a fail right from the gate.

I also find it odd that, when they have buffed the Animated Guardian, they did so in ways that did nothing to address people's actual complaints about the skill.

First it was making him get some life back when you add a new piece of gear, then he was made a bit tankier. He still runs off on his own into every pack, you still can't see his stats, and he still permanently eats items.

Why would anyone want to make something like that a part of their build?

when you only invest 3 chaos in items on him and use him as a buff minion? perpetual 0 link guardian for the fail
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
+1 for making Animated Guardian better. I want to use that skill so much, but it's just a waste of items and the gem slot you would put it in.

Unless their only design goal was to make a portable minion buff, it was a fail right from the gate.

I also find it odd that, when they have buffed the Animated Guardian, they did so in ways that did nothing to address people's actual complaints about the skill.

First it was making him get some life back when you add a new piece of gear, then he was made a bit tankier. He still runs off on his own into every pack, you still can't see his stats, and he still permanently eats items.

Why would anyone want to make something like that a part of their build?

when you only invest 3 chaos in items on him and use him as a buff minion? perpetual 0 link guardian for the fail

Lol yeah, i built one with minion nodes and gave him minion life and minion damage, easy mode game.^^
animate is ok i love to give him zahn+ perandus (walking vitality aura) whats wrong with him is his rambo attitude

the aggro range is way too high
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Mar 4, 2015, 3:33:11 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Do we really want AG to become the Valk from D2... an immortal damage source that outshines the character that summoned it?

Animate Guardian.

Guardian.

- a defender, protector, or keeper.

Keeper.

- a person who manages or looks after something or someone.

(Thanks, google!)

So, yes, yes I would like the Animated Guardian to actually be a, you know, Guardian.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
XigTek wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Do we really want AG to become the Valk from D2... an immortal damage source that outshines the character that summoned it?

Animate Guardian.

Guardian.

Keeper.

(Thanks, google!)

So, yes, yes I would like the Animated Guardian to actually be a, you know, Guardian.

AS if every name would have to be taken for its definition. That would mean you do truly believe Dominus is god too then, huh?
"
"
XigTek wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Animate Guardian.

Guardian.

Keeper.

(Thanks, google!)

AS if every name would have to be taken for its definition. That would mean you do truly believe Dominus is god too then, huh?

*POINTS FINGER AT ETHEREAL KNIVES*

You didn't use the most obvious one dirk.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
XigTek wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Animate Guardian.

Guardian.

Keeper.

(Thanks, google!)

Erm, Dominus = Master in Latin.

He is the Grandmaster of the Templar Order. So.. yes?
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Mar 4, 2015, 4:26:12 PM
"

To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Last edited by Enzari on Mar 4, 2015, 10:57:44 PM
So, what can you buff AW with, actually?
Minion Damage, Minion Life and Minion and Totem Elemental Resist should work, since the all have the Minion attribute.
What about Melee Physical Damage, Added Lightning, Added etc., Multistrike? MS works for Zombies I'm sure and MPD works for SRS (and probably Zombies and other summons).So these should work for AW, too, shouldn't they?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
So, what can you buff AW with, actually?
Minion Damage, Minion Life and Minion and Totem Elemental Resist should work, since the all have the Minion attribute.
What about Melee Physical Damage, Added Lightning, Added etc., Multistrike? MS works for Zombies I'm sure and MPD works for SRS (and probably Zombies and other summons).So these should work for AW, too, shouldn't they?

If you're talking about gemming the Guardian, treat it just like any other melee skill: Multistrike, Melee Phys, Melee Splash, Added Fire, Minion Damage. It can get pretty strong, before it wanders off and takes your items away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info