Skills that have to be buffed in order to acheive a balanced game

You're not explaining why players are relying on Blood Magic (vs mana). You're explaining why players are relying on resource regeneration over time (vs either type of leech). I don't know if that's what you should be explaining, or if it's right, but that's what's happening.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You're not explaining why players are relying on Blood Magic (vs mana). You're explaining why players are relying on resource regeneration over time (vs either type of leech). I don't know if that's what you should be explaining, or if it's right, but that's what's happening.

I just always assumed it was because most cyclone builds are mara/duelist rather than ranger/shadow. Meaning it's easier to sustain life regen rather than mana regen. Crit cyclone doesn't seem to be too popular of an option.

While I'm in pretty focused gear, atm I have 300 mana regen on my shadow and I've been speccing out of mana passives because I just don't need 400-500 mana regen. For a mara or duelist this will be extremely difficult to pull off without sacrificing a ton of damage.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
I'm about to give a lot of feedback on Elemental Hit as a melee skill. I'm determined to make sure GGG don't strip it of its core functionality by going the Viper Strike conversion route. That is just so uninspired.

Ya there was a post on reddit about a rework to it and that was the first thing I mentioned. That we really need at least one gem that scales off + melee gem levels.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
I'm about to give a lot of feedback on Elemental Hit as a melee skill. I'm determined to make sure GGG don't strip it of its core functionality by going the Viper Strike conversion route. That is just so uninspired.

Ya there was a post on reddit about a rework to it and that was the first thing I mentioned. That we really need at least one gem that scales off + melee gem levels.

In guild chat, I asked why weapons couldn't have "+10 to melee gems", since a simple one or two level boost to almost every melee gem is trivial. I was told: "elemental hit".

While I do agree that it should stay unique, and should scale well with +Xlevel, it does kinda suck that every other melee gem can't scale in the same way just because elemental hit exists.

Do what you will with those random thoughts.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Elemental hit is flawed for many reasons.

To much ele flat bonusses and attack speed available to exiles are one thing, another thing is how it penalizes gear when you wanna utilize EE.

While at the same time a triple elemental user doesn't require EE since 2/3th of his damage is constantly bypassing the favored resistance of the mob and has more overal damage output because of it.

The only possible way to make elemental hit function currently is with "dreamfeather" since it scales all damage forms and has no inherent ele damage allowing EE to trigger and allowing a reasonable amount of elemental damage scaling with WeD.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Here's what I'd do for Elemental Hit
Adds x-x Elemental Damage (based on gem level)
Can convert all Elemental Damage to Fire
Can convert all Elemental Damage to Cold
Can convert all Elemental Damage to Lightning
Ignores other damage conversions between two Elements
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 5, 2015, 6:20:08 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Here's what I'd do for Elemental Hit
Adds x-x Elemental Damage (based on gem level)
Can convert all Elemental Damage to Fire
Can convert all Elemental Damage to Cold
Can convert all Elemental Damage to Lightning
Ignores other damage conversions between two Elements

This would be OP i think o.O

Basically you get to scale all elemental sources and throw in EE for free without deficit.

Not sure i would go that route.

On the other hand, if you UP the mana cost it might work out, but i am sure some people would find ways to minimize that hazzle and make retarded strong builds of it.

Peace,

-Boem-

(@charan, dual dreamfeather elemental hit performs fine without a lot of "length", it's not top tier but it clears top content at a good pace)

edit : also i think charan is correct, didn't you post the conversion routes in a suggestion threat scrotie?
So aren't you bound to that system currently?
Last edited by Boem on Mar 5, 2015, 6:46:39 PM
It is impossible in the current engine.

Fire can never be converted to cold since it would cause a circular conversion with cold to fire. The conversion path must be a DAG; no cycles allowed.

---

Totally +1 on making Elemental Hit (more of) a melee caster skill, though. It already scales with +skills, but not nearly enough to be relevant (esp. with its mana issues).

I don't know what the "essence" of the skill is supposed to be. Every skill is an 'elemental hit' with all the auras and heralds and added fire/cold/light and phys to light and yada yada yada that's in the game now.

There was a very brief period of time where "physical build" meant exactly that, but "physical conversion" has been the name of the game for so many years now. The biggest change on that front was allowing non-physical leech to be so prevalent. It was the physical shtick, but that unique quality is gone now. w/e.

So, where does that leave Elemental Hit, thematically?
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 5, 2015, 6:51:56 PM
"
dual dreamfeather vs two 30%+ Eleweap cutlasses with crit chance and crit multi may be a very, very close call. Or it may not.

It's not, dual dreamfeather would beat it if done correctly.

And crit scales all, dreamfeather is no exception to that scenario.

(you should have gone with double daggers, which would yield better results :p)

just read your next post, there is no way to touch EE to favor EH since it has to many secondary utility and purposes. And like mentioned before double heralds/double aura's will far outshine EE's benefit to a clean EH build, just by pure numbers, but also penetration of elemental resistances in general.

How about the quality provides a %chance to proliferate and a %status effect.

Extremely powerfull imo

At 20%quality something like 35% chance to prolif in 15 radius and 10% status chance?

Another thought while reading this, how about making it the first actual hybrid skill?
What i mean is allow faster casting to act as faster attacking and spell damage as %elemental, this way a spell caster could potentially utilize this skill as a single target finisher and use his spell for AOE coverage.

(fap battlemage fap :o) )

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
How about the quality provides a %chance to proliferate and a %status effect.

Moving the quality toward elemental effects would be legit as hell.
Double-good if GGG moves toward elemental effect chance standing on its own and not being a crit byproduct (wishful thinking currently).

"
Boem wrote:
Another thought while reading this, how about making it the first actual hybrid skill?
What i mean is allow faster casting to act as faster attacking and spell damage as %elemental, this way a spell caster could potentially utilize this skill as a single target finisher and use his spell for AOE coverage.

Not a bad idea. Could just have Crown of Eyes built-in, scaling from both attack% and spell%. Not sure that would "unlock" battlemage in an era of skills that "need" built-in AoE to compete, but it would be an interesting experiment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info