nerfed baarels?

they nerf drop rate of items from barrels?
now only drop scroll of wisdom
wtf
they need to make magic, rare and unique barrels
And cows shoot lasers out of there ass along with alligators flying jets
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Finally a thread about barrels. Explosive barrels should either be removed or deal significantly more damage. I get that they're a kind of homage to original Diablo barrels, but they have the potential to be more than that. I'd also love to see skeletons come out of them occasionally...
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Mar 1, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Finally a thread about barrels. Explosive barrels should either be removed or deal significantly more damage. I get that they're a kind of homage to original Diablo barrels, but they have the potential to be more than that. I'd also love to see skeletons come out of them occasionally...

Ah, D2 when players were divided into the Barrel Supporters (Defenders of Wood) and the Barrel Antagonists (Legion of Splinters).

Barrels could do more than Skeletons. Why not allow them the occasional beyond demons, or via fracturing summon other barrels. They could have hidden mods like Corrupting Blood and Reflect.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Everything was nerfed in 1.3 man,even baarels.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 2, 2015, 1:19:57 AM
"
"
Felix35071 wrote:

10/10 effort to salvage this thread and guide it towards meaningful discussion. Would be willing to bet that exploding barrels dealing damage is something GGG always meant to implement (that homage) but never got around to. Now it'd be too late. Players dying to them would cry foul in precisely the same breath that they use to praise D2 to the moon and back.

Oh hell yes, Barrels that spawn monsters? I am very much down with this idea. Or, if you wanted to go a little more thematic, maybe this is an opportunity to add Giant Rats or similar beasties to the lore.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I think it's okay if some of them [barrels] just simply, you know, break.

What a strange idea. People today come up with the weirdest stuff. :D

Seriously, though, I'd be all for exploding barrels dealing higher damage. They could make it like barrels in D1, which rather reduced HP by a number of percent than dealing damage in HP. At least I think I remember it was like this.
Ah... Nova trapped barrels and chests. Good times.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:

Ah, D2 when players were divided into the Barrel Supporters (Defenders of Wood) and the Barrel Antagonists (Legion of Splinters).

Barrels could do more than Skeletons. Why not allow them the occasional beyond demons, or via fracturing summon other barrels. They could have hidden mods like Corrupting Blood and Reflect.

Barrels with reflect would be absolutely hilarious. Just a special treat for those who use 10 stack Flameblast to open barrels, nothing big. :')

Most barrels would be just that. Some could have little piles of gold (purely aesthetic) that the classes would each have a quip for. Just imagine the Marauder grunting and saying "That's disappointing".

And then the occasional barrel would hold your shy skeleton or skittish crab. There's a lot we could do with this.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Barrels can be very strong. They take no damage whatsoever from chaos.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info