[LLD & HLD] Smoke mine has to be adjusted for pvp.

"
ddub3987 wrote:
Smoke mine is in a good place. Let's talk about the real elephant in the room.

ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM! You know the broken mechanic they still won't fix. -50% resist for one keystone node? B3R has been using it to clean up on talismans. B3R do you care to comment on EE's current state? Or maybe we should stick to nerfing skills like smoke mine or elemental hit while we are at it.

it needs adjustment:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1184391

edit:
"
You can hear smoke mines being laid and where they are, just destroy them. That's always my first prior

so basicly the first thing you do when the round starts is going to the opponents starting location to destroy his smokemine? ok tommie

P.S my post was after 2 Blitz events (of which I won one) where I had the usual matchups against drawhege and dub - the salt was high and my post may have contained too much emotions.
Last edited by B3R on Feb 28, 2015, 2:53:02 PM
Dub is not the only build using smoke mines, i've seen other people use it a lot more and its very easy to abuse once u get a certain amount of trap/mine laying speed and movement speed. Also it relies a lot on which map you get, ofcourse on shit tiny maps it's not as obvious to see it's too efficient, but when you jump on certain wide maps you can really see how match deciding it is and way too spam free without drawback.

And it's not as easy as using '' arc '' to destroy the mine, if i would use arc with my melee LLD to try to destroy them i would cast so slow that i'm gonna get shot/cast at by the time i event try to remove it, and then they can simply lay another mine.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
If something were to be changed I would suggest the distance at which you can activate (and teleport) be lessened or limit the amount of uses per match, similar to flask charges, but that is probably impossible.
Having played as melee for all of my serious lld'ing, I don't think smoke mine needs any adjusting. It's necessary for bow builds, blink doesn't come close as an escape utility. And honestly I rarely had trouble following a smoke miner.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info