80% LESS damage... GGG world record for hardest nerf?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
so you think they should have completely destroyed the build rather than nerf its damage? That doesnt really make any sense tbh, youre pissed that they nerfed it but wouldnt be pissed if they nerfed it even harder to the point where it didnt even exist? Bascially you were playing the build and now ur pissed, well ok, but it needed nerfed so youll have to deal with it.

Rather than actually giving balanced damage, it's just ruined. Also my point was around the intention nonsense that's going around. If MA was only meant to be a decoy totem for arrow builds they could have removed the interactions making this build possible, therefore it's clearly intended for this build not to exist. Instead they changed the damage, but they didn't do it in a way to make the build still viable at high levels. It's good enough now that in good/great gear it's close to acceptable at high levels, just like people were making SWT builds previous to the buff. It's a novelty build, not "still somewhat OP" as Qarl was saying it would be pre-patch.

"
If you remove mirrored chests? A mirror by itself without the fee is worth more than a 6 link shavs yes, so every current mirrored chest is worth more than a 6L shavs, and every original chest thats even remotely close to those original chests people are mirroring are worth 2 or 3 or 4 times more than a shavs, and the originals that are still mirror worthy are worth what? they dont even have a price.

If you look at a low life spec throw build the dagger is worth considerably more than a 6 link shavs, so is the amulet, and both rings, and the gloves, and the shield, and the belt... thats 7 items on those chars that are worth significantly more than a 6 link shavs, and thats a 6 link were talking about, this build doesnt need a 6 link shavs. There were shavs going for 17ex in bloodlines, I was using a shavs as a skin on my cloak of defiance and Im not even remotely close to a wealthy player in the bigger picture.

Are we still talking balance, because obviously we can't talk general balance then bring up a league where legacy items exist.

http://poe.trade/search/zutekuanaurigo

Of the most expensive chests for sale, most of them are 6l shavs, +1 6l volls, possibly 2 high evasion chests. So I don't know how you could honestly just brush off shavs as inexpensive. Even if you're using it as a skin transfer doesn't make it cheap.

For what my build costs, which is probably 20-30 ex atm, it does not function like a similar build in that price range. Being I have no confidence against any end game bosses, many rares stop me dead in my tracks, and in group play I'm mostly useless.

This isn't balance, this is murdering a build that was too powerful rather than trying to still make it good.

Honestly I would have rather them remove the mechanics because at least then I would have known they do not want us doing this build, rather than being teased with a build that sometimes seems fine then I run into a curse immune rare and 5 mins later wonder wtf I'm doing playing this stupid thing.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
I've been waiting to see your feedback on this change, given you're the only person I know who seriously tackled the mirror arrow concept. Did I miss it in another thread?

I never did MA MI prolif.

I use MI in my clone summoner build because, hey, it's pretty great damage for a single skill point, but wasn't building around it because it didn't instantly trigger when you summoned them on low-life until recently (and requiring them to take damage to pop was way too slow).

I don't have much standing ITT since I haven't tried the MA MI prolif build pre- or post- nerf. It seems alright, but I mean, it's on a 3s cooldown. How OP can it possibly be?

If they reduced its damage by 4/5ths and it still can clear level 78 maps post-nerf, then I don't quite understand what all the complaining is about. The tree is like 90% defensive + MI and minion life nodes, so the fact that it does so much damage in the first place is kinda fucked.

Reminds me of really old Poison Arrow where you could build full defense with a +3 bow and just clear maps, no questions asked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, it was broken as fuck before.
Pneuma it clears 78s in the same way most ineffective lvl 90 builds with all 20/20 gems do. It's possible but not impressive and has a ton of road blocks. Never mind that 78 clear is in virtually perfect gear and still slow.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Awesome, another skill i wont be using anymore because someone got it nerfed due to too much effectiveness in kill stuff.
"
pneuma wrote:
... On topic, No, this was not the hardest nerf in GGG history.

Release Shockwave Totem easily takes that prize.
0.9.9 -> 0.9.10:
- Removed its critical strike chance (5->0).
- Reduced its radius of effect (roughly halved).
- Reduced its damage (roughly halved).
- Reduced the frequency of pulses (2/s to 1.1/s, against almost halved).
- Increased its mana cost.

Then shortly afterward in 0.10.0, AB was changed from a notable to a Keystone. When it was a notable, it did not disallow non-totem/trap/mine damage, so you could run double totem and cast or attack alongside them. So that was a massive indirect nerf to SWT.

Stare upon it and weep. SWT has gotten literally nothing but buffs for the last 3 years and its still not as strong now as it was on release.

---

EDIT: Lest I forget the runner-up, Shock Nova. 0.9.6 rewrote it and completely and utterly nerfed it, numerically and mechanically (from "most popular build in the game" to "hasn't been used as a main damaging skill since").

The damage nerf was something like an 80% less damage reduction and it also introduced the deadzone. Cheers. :)

Sounds total shit. I would like to use that skill except it has that deadzone. Can't even imagine what it was like back then
Looking the pathetic state of melee compared to ranged and how they nerfed pretty much every melee build ever, I think this nerf is a nice bone to chew for us melee.

Also for people talking about the timing of this nerf, I did not hear many ranged players complaining about the facebreaker vengeance nerf.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Feb 28, 2015, 3:55:15 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Uhm that build in the video of the "nerfed" skill in action is a dude using a 6-link with +2/+1 bow with lvl 4 empower.

So basically that's a lvl 28 blink arrow in action. Just saying, that's the max power currently possible.

Imo it did get butchered without what i consider an extreme investment.

(6-link +2/+1 and lvl 4 empower alone will be what, 50 exalts +?)

Sort of sad, this build was extremely clever put together and was interesting imo didn't deserve to be butchered so hard, with that investment it should clear the screen.

Peace,

-Boem-
+1 (and to many other comments you made, following this post)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
lolozori wrote:
Looking the pathetic state of melee compared to ranged and how they nerfed pretty much every melee build ever, I think this nerf is a nice bone to chew for us melee.

Also for people talking about the timing of this nerf, I did not hear many ranged players complaining about the facebreaker vengeance nerf.

The timing of this nerf has potential of breaking neck to the game itself. If you have stalking GGG members, who's desire is to "nerf" everything, and they make it the very next day happen - it's not fun anymore. Pure controlfreakshow. You can't do something special. That's because all quit ZiggyD and such.
Whats the problem here?

A guy is doing 77 maps with good gear, 5L, and nearly perfected build?

Should you be able to do 77 maps with a 4L, crappy gear and a level 75 "build"? No.
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info