Unjust ban.

"

<snip>

Sigh.

You really should try to get a hobby, or a girlfriend, or something. Don't take computer games so seriously. Maybe take life seriously instead and you won't need to waste your time holding a grudge against a F2P ARPG company.

In any case. If you have issues or concerns with moderation or account bans or any other similar service provided by support, feel free to email them directly or PM one of the mods to discuss.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 27, 2015, 8:15:53 PM
"
POE is now an alienating, dying game, and it won´t get any better. $incerely I hope all staff is enjoying the increasing desyncs and security issues.

The more people the ban the better the game is, you see the direct QQ on the forums from many about how the economy is fucked up RMT will not make it better but worse, banning them will keep thousands of players happy, same with any hack

Your opinion here sounds more like the shit a hacker spouts, "games so bad that it can't exist without us"...fail reasoning, GGG know it, the players know it and the cheats know it.

Actualy did a poll not long ago and the result was fairly good for GGG, this was over a month ago.

http://strawpoll.me/3411630/r

As you can see, they'll do well enough without them

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 28, 2015, 4:20:55 AM
For try, for see and for know.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Drakier wrote:
The other problem is that hard-core cheaters are much harder to track and ban because they use VPNs and other types of proxies so that GGG cannot get a pinpoint on them. They use fake/generated email addresses and hide their real IPs to keep safe. You also have to remember that cheating/farming is actually big business in places like China. It's a full industry there with big money to back it up. Think of all the chinese currency farmers and other things that lazy cheating people want to pay for to get ahead in games.They own that industry and money is good. There's also high likelihood that the cheat you had was written by one of those chinese hackers, and they usually contain backdoors and malware that enables them to steal things from people's accounts, or PCs. It's another reason I highly caution against using 3rd party cheats.

Thanks for yet another insightful and enlightening post Drakier. I'm still not entirely convinced of the necessity of banning my account, but this makes it more understandable. Although it is kind of disappointing that because of those determined hackers all the the other players have to be treated roughly as well. I've never been a big fan of collective responsibility and it being the best way to tackle issues.

"

I have to say that unfortunately players are being made a scapegoats of egotistic staff, RMT cheats on the community. Also, banning players will not stop map hacking, because if loaded at the title screen it is undetectable.

If that's true then it makes my ban even more harsh. I didn't even know how to use the software properly to not get caught. It proves I wasn't really expecting to get ahead or to disrupt the game's economy - had I posed a real threat, I would have tried to make sure not get detected so easily.

This is discouraging in a way. It seems that even though the company's strict plan to fight hackers is good in theory, they have hardly benefitted from banning me and possibly many other players who used the software just once or twice. I would have felt better if my ban had in fact helped in substantially eliminating maphacking if it's so disruptive to the game's economy. I would have sensed that it had served a larger purpose - "sucks that I'm banned, but at least the hardcore maphackers are too". Those who abuse the software and know how to stay undetected remain at large, out of the game are those who most probably didn't have bad intentions.

"
The whole point of a TOS is to discern what software is legal what is not. Unlike all other games I´ve seen so far, there´s nothing on their TOS about map hack software or ¨hacking¨, even in general terms. I personally pointed out the TOS issue before launch and they said to be fixing it, but it never happened.

"
mark1030 wrote:
Is map hack not modifying the data to show you areas the game client hasn't decided to show you yet?

That's another interesting topic. I might be wrong here because I have no idea how the software works exactly, but common sense tells me that maphacking is just reading the data the game provides for anyone. It reads instantly what is available to you anyway. I reckon one could successfully argue that a maphack is nothing more than a timesaver (at least in the standard league) and not a hack in the strict sense. I fail to see it being terribly disruptive to the game's economy and thus using it is not an offence worthy of the highest punishment possible. And the ToS might indeed be written in way that doesn't talk about the problem clearly enough. But that is a topic for a separate discussion probably and not the point I want to be making here. I can accept that GGG see this otherwise.
Change the title of your post - clearly misleading. Enjoy your rightful ban.
You used a map hack, before even using it one with half a brain would have a light bulb moment "hey if I use this I might loose my account"

...so you either 1) didn't have that "light bulb moment" OR 2) decided to risk it

Either way you cheated, and I find you're headline highly misleading, unjust would lead someone to believe the person in question has done nothing wrong! You have, you even admit it...most games ban on hack use, suspensions/mutes are usually for bad language, harassment, etc etc...minor things and such that do not influence the game directly but cause people grief. This is common knowledge in the gaming community, very seldom is there an exception to this widely known information. General rule "when it doubt don't, or at the very little ask"...

So to sum up, you either haven't played enough games to know whats what "doubt that's the case", Or you like to whine when you cheat and get caught...either way you don't have my sympathy! You were in the wrong, you acknowledge you were, case closed! Sounds to me like you are just a person who got banned that wants a warning/suspension instead...

You reap what you sow!

Last edited by justinmm1988 on Mar 15, 2015, 2:43:40 AM
The only unjust is, they didn't ban your new account as well.

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Earthslug wrote:
The only unjust is, they didn't ban your new account as well.

They have no reason to. Stop acting like a executioner, buddy.
I want to see someone being so unmerciful towards you, when you do something stupid. And then you saying that again.

"
Last week I used some maphack software.

"
Although it is kind of disappointing that because of those determined hackers all the the other players have to be treated roughly as well.

You knew the rules, you broke them. You broken them so you are responsible for your ban - not some other people who "hack hardcore".

Not saying that I never brake the rules, because I got probated twice for saying stupid crap. But when I did, I did not crate a dramatic thread about it. (even tho, in one case it wasn't all that fair imo - still, I broke the rules, so I'm not going to argue against it). I'm not going to shift the blame on some other people who "say even more stupid crap".

You did stupid shit - take responsibility.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 16, 2015, 9:15:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info