Theorycraft: Rashkaldor's Patience

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

1. Not crit based. This actually rules out nearly everything.
2. Dealing multiple types of elemental damage. This thing just isn't worth it unless you're shooting for multiple different status effects - not strong enough if only using it for one element.

So I figure the two most likely contenders are:
1. Elemental Resolute Technique attack builds. These are generally suboptimal but maybe ST or some bow build.

LOL

Explosive Arrow uses 1c weapon and clears Gorge in 1:43. Faster than builds with 1000ex gear. But, someone on the forum says it's "suboptimal"... uhmmmm... yeah.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 27, 2015, 11:59:39 PM
Explosive Arrow is an Attack in only the strictest sense of the word. All your Damage output is either Secondary Damage (and mono-type Fire - Scrotes was specifically talking multi-Element), or Ignite (which barely benefits from Rashkaldor's).

It's pretty obvious he's talking about, you know, using Elemental Attack Damage. :/
"
pneuma wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
flameblast non crit burn is very viable

Sure, but that's mostly because it does a bajillion damage in a single hit. DoT-based-on-initial thrives on slow, big hits and/or medium speed spiky hits.

Flameblast crit is even more viable since it requires less overall damage investment and you get to run around and just 1stack until a crit hits and a burn sticks. All the extra saved investment goes right into defenses to make a stronger build.

"
VictorDoom wrote:
a fast ele rt attacker would not use added cold or added light, there no room for those gems in a 6l for a build like that, for example a ele cleave templar gets shock chance on tree, more shock chance always gives more dps, same thing with a glacial hammer freeze build

as for cold perma freeze builds like freeze miners, its brilliant because it gives freeze duration

Off the top of my head:
Cyclone + Conc + WED + FA + LL + BM?
Dropping Conc for 20q AddLight or AddCold is completely legit here.
Dropping FA for either is similarly fine.

Cleave + WED + MStrike + LL + Conc is fine as a 5L which has lots of 6th slot options. I would probably trade AddLight for Conc here, as well.

10% all chance from the Templar nodes is powerful and cheap on the tree, and can even make the end run for Static Blows (probably on the way to EB to run AA) and be completely set for shock chance, even without the quality added lightning. That frees up the neck slot to big, meaty stats, or even other powerful defensive uniques like Lazhwar or Chayula.

Glacial Hammer hardly needs more freeze chance. I made a non-crit GH/FreezeMine last league and between Frostbite, GH's innate chance AND quality, and one of the Freeze/Chill/Cold node circles, I was more than reliably freezing. Investing more into that would have been a complete waste.

Freeze Duration on Freeze Mine needed no help. It does a boatload of cold damage now and freezes at a multiple of the damage it does. With coldpen and/or High Explosives and/or -res curses/EE, it was reliably freezing all whites and most blues for 9s. Certainly longer than the time it takes to drop another mine and refreeze them, at any rate.

I'm not sure where my experience differs from yours, but this thing has no appeal for exactly the builds it seems catered to.

---

I vaguely remember the creator running a non-crit EA and made this to "fit his build". The stat reqs was to help with dex on a templar/witch elemental tree, iirc.

The odd thing is that it's not like non-crit burn is in need of chance to ignite. There's a support gem, a boatload of chance to ignite on the tree, cloak of flame, quality on several gems...

Just feels like mistargeted design. On the plus side, it's not another Shav's. :P

Yes but flameblast crit is dangereous against reflect unless you go all the way to VP or grab acuities, youre better off non crit if you cant afford good gear, you get the same result only youre tankier.

In all of the setups you listed you missed 1 gem that is eseential and that is penetration, which is by far the strongest gem for any elemental based character

Investing more into freeze chance and duration is not a complete waste at all, its the way to reliably freeze high map bosses, because you need both the high chance to freeze and the duration to actually be able to proc the freeze since status ailments' chance to proc is directly affected by the duration, if its under 0.3 secs it doesnt proc, the higher duration you have the easier it will be to keep enemies permafrozen

For EA it seems pretty good too, you get a larger chance to proc the ignite and you get more duration on your burns, more chance to ignite without losing anything is very good, especially for EA which doesnt really need any other mods on amulet apart from life
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 28, 2015, 8:47:00 AM
I think a really important stat that the item has is the high life roll. Most other unique items have a rather harsh downside of "if you use too many, your base health will be too low". At least with a nice and solid life roll, all the other things you lose from a good rare necklace can be made up for with passive points, unlike base life.

Because of that life roll, for builds that can benefit from the amulet, it becomes less a question of "can I really afford to lose another rare slot for this effect?" and more a question of "Is 2-4 passive points worth the effect this item provides?"
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Feb 28, 2015, 8:53:14 AM
I have a RT Oro's flicker build, backed up emberwake and the taming.

With 6 jewel slots in my tree where I hoard chance to ignite, ignite duration and life, this amulet augments those so nicely.

I first noticed the amulet for its chance to ignite, enjoy it for the 80 extra life it gives me and love it for the 20% increased ignite duration. Just love stacking those ignites on bosses.

Between this, the taming, and those two 5% chance to ignite/freeze/shock notables in the templar region of the tree I also have 20% chance respectively to shock and freeze, a quaint little bonus. So I made sure to acquire a good pair of gloves that had a roll for both cold and lightning damage.

The tool tip makes no sense to me, but I have max 7 frenzy charges and 61% base chance to ignite, 71% through my Doryani's Invitation.

Actually, come to think of it. I dream of a perfect roll Rashkaldor's, corrupted with +1 to maximum frenzy charges and the more people that like/use this amulet the higher the demand. So everyone ignore my post, listen to what the others said.

:)
If you already have some power charges, then equip this amulet, when you would normally earn a new power charge, does it reset your power charge counter?
I'd assume not, but it might be a useful way of maintaining an exact number of power charges if it did work this way.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
gilrad wrote:
One more for you guys:

Three Dragons Freeze Proliferation builds.

I use Herald of Lightning to passively freeze everything, and improving its ability to freeze basically reduces the chances that I'll run into a pack and get gibbed before the screen freezes.

The chance to shock also helps, thanks to Pyre I can shock enemies off Herald of Ice shatter explosions to really clear packs.

It also helps with perma-freezing bosses with Static Strike.

A lot of people really can't see the benefit to this item, but for my build it was basically a straight upgrade that only needed two passive points to make up the lost dex and resists from my rare amulet.

This was my very first thought aswell when I saw that amulet. It's basically made for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info