[2.1] Dual Shockwave Totem MF ( low life ) / Crit or Poison spec. ( updated videos for 2.1 )

This thread won't be updated anymore, I recently discovered that Spell Totem + Incinerate is vastly superior to Shockwave Totem ;) ( better late then never )

edit : no more the case in 2.1 !
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Dec 17, 2015, 5:16:52 AM
"
Malone wrote:
This thread won't be updated anymore, I recently discovered that Spell Totem + Incinerate is vastly superior to Shockwave Totem ;) ( better late then never )

Yeah, absolutely. But I still prefer the crowd control of Shockwave xD

Btw, with the upcoming 2.0.2 patch this build get a buff. I will post my new stats here tomorrow for someone who want to go further.

My stats pre 2.0.2
Spoiler

Gear I'm using
Spoiler

Passive
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMADXwOSA-rES0RLxFQEZYWvxcvGyUc3B1PHaod2SL0JIsksCepKU8qUysKLJwspi2oL28y0TQKNbk3gzwFPV9DVESrRUdGcUlRSbFLrlJTVa5V1leUV8lY5VorXfJeXWKVZOdmnmwLbRltbHC7e9d8g35Zf8aApIIQgpuDCYTFiEKMdo8aj6aP-pDWkyeXlZf0mZqaO5u1njyf36Evo_Km66crp5SxkLJwtAy1SLb3tzG-gL6KwGbBxcMTwzrK09H91abXz9kT2Vvfit-w4YjpAuq662Pr7uwY7TzvfO-I8NX0cfk3-tL-SQ==?accountName=camapngu133&characterName=Ethezar

Self though
Spoiler
The passive tree still not optimal yet. My gear was pulled from my old Summoner pre 2.0 so I lack a lot of str and dex on gear. With enough attribute I could free myself from str and dex node to get the flask effect wheel, extra jewel slot or eventually the cast speed cluster

This build is very agile, very fast clear speed and very fun to play while still maintain a decent amount of MF (currently with about 75/150 IIQ/IIR, can go up with Divination flask. No map mods bother you except Blood Magic. Very, very hard to die unless you go full retard (which I do sometimes :))

The problem is, this build's survivability depend on how you play the game. If you want an easy to go, this is not for you. You need to kite, you need to run, to lightning warp, to foresee the next move when in battle, and most importantly, keep your flasks up when you need them. So many micro required :)

And it's very expensive to gear up too!

New stats 2.0.2
Spoiler

Brilliant! I gained 4k of dps. Now with Taste of Haste I can go up to 40k dps. Gained about 100 ES thank to the jewel Energy from within also :)

Sad for me, already invested my currency for an self cast Inci block Aegis build, so no Inci totem in near future :(
Last edited by camapngu133 on Aug 20, 2015, 2:27:06 AM
I decided to come back to shockwave totem which got 2 recent buff.

In the same time , I spec'ed crit, and I ended up with 40k dps per totem, with IIR/IIQ gems. ( so basically in a 4L ).

Clear speed is obviously very good, and survability is very nice thanks to the totems and perma temporal chain ( with blasphemy ).

back to the grind !

edit : added alternate setup with poison that I really want to try, sacrify crit and cast speed and focus on hard hitting and degen through double dipping damage with 2 blasphemy aura ( vulnerability and temporal chain )
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Dec 17, 2015, 5:17:38 AM
Which is stronger for mfing ? Incinerate or shockwave totem in this patch ?
Be water, my friend.
in a 4L with a decent budget, I think Shockwave Totem is ahead and has better potential for MF but don't underevaluate Incinerate Totem, it's still really powerfull despite the huge nerf.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
in a 4L with a decent budget, I think Shockwave Totem is ahead and has better potential for MF but don't underevaluate Incinerate Totem, it's still really powerfull despite the huge nerf.

For MFing to have good MF values and clear speed which version of the build should I choose? Poison or crit ?
Be water, my friend.
I tried both in the last days, and both are very effectiv in term of clear speed... I cleaned maps up to 82 with both, mobs are dying very quickly even with poison spec, totem haven't much time to stack more than 1 or 2 poison. If I have time I will make a video with both but that's really unsure...
I would say choose the one that you have the gear for... Poison is already fine with redbeak, crit you want a weapon with spell damage / cast speed / spell crit and an amu with crit multi.

edit : added Plateau video with Poison spec
edit2 : added Atziri kill with Poison spec, upload on-going

WIll do some map today with spec crit and upload them too.

edit3 : added crit video
Seems like crit is somehow better than poison.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Dec 19, 2015, 5:51:46 AM
Can you add a leveling tree? Kinda new here and don't know what to take first :(

Thank you beforehand
Have you tried this build with dual void battery? I'm thinking to do it!
I like this build as well. What should I do for the bandit quests?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info