Items from Beta

I'd imagine that the life leach would heal the minion, not you because when linked with added fire damage for example it only applies for the minions hits.
This is just speculation though as I'm not in the beta, but I watch and research this game more than I probably should, running the risk of getting burnt out before I ever play it. Also, I know that's not a very fair comparison of skills because one is more supportive and the other is all offensive.

It would be cool though if it transferred life to the caster though.
Either way it would be cool, but I am more hoping that they keep whatever life they leech. When playing a summoner I like my minions to be self sufficient.

It's another bad comparison but obviously Life Leech linked with any other skill gives the life to the caster but I was wondering if it's different with summons.
These are works in progress.

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Quantmir wrote:
Either way it would be cool, but I am more hoping that they keep whatever life they leech. When playing a summoner I like my minions to be self sufficient.

It's another bad comparison but obviously Life Leech linked with any other skill gives the life to the caster but I was wondering if it's different with summons.
Minions with life leech will leech life themselves, rather than for their master.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Minions with life leech will leech life themselves, rather than for their master.

Can we see special kinds of minions that leech life for their master instead of themselves? Or a spell that causes all life leeched by a minion to go to the master instead?
IRON MAN
Thanks Mark, like I said, that's exactly what I was hoping for. The idea of a life transferring minion is cool too if that comes around but being a lazy summoner doesn't stay fun for very long, we can just as easily also link Life Leech to some kind of nova spell.
Is that it for item rarity? Gray, blue, and yellow?
Unavailable
Unavailable
"
jim2point0 wrote:
Is that it for item rarity? Gray, blue, and yellow?

the tier order for items is currently

white - normal

blue - magical

yellow - rare

brown - unique

Not sure if this will ever change in the future, but it's pretty straight-forward and typical of the genre, I think.

Although brown is an odd color choice for an item imo, I personally would have gone for red or green, another primary color that is easily distinguishable (unless you're color-blind). But that's just me.
"
I personally would have gone for red or green, another primary color that is easily distinguishable (unless you're color-blind).

I'm all for brown, since distinguishing between the yellow and gold items in D2 was pretty tough on certain monitors (they're a lot closer in hue than the yellow/gold in PoE). I am color blind (we may be a minority, but color-blind gamers aren't exactly scarce), and nothing is more annoying than having to stare at text/items for a minute before you realize what it says/what they are.

Red-lettered items would be hellish to look at in green environments (the red in global is already bad enough)

A color blind mode which changes the color scheme of certain elements of the game would be a nice option to include at release. I'm having a lot less trouble now that skill gem colors were altered slightly, the red and green gems are now distinct.

Anyway, more on topic:

Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable
Current Characters: Shrike, Irulan, Moneta, Masteen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info