lol'd at people finally realizing molten shell is op

Congrats, took over a year
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I thought it was pretty well known. There's been a lot of bitching and moaning about it here the past couple years.

Only difference is, it's recently got considerably stronger in LLD due to empower and +1 to gems gear. That and people are finally willing to invest in making casters due to the expensive gear required, and competition of tourneys.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
"
I thought it was pretty well known. There's been a lot of bitching and moaning about it here the past couple years.

Only difference is, it's recently got considerably stronger in LLD due to empower and +1 to gems gear. That and people are finally willing to invest in making casters due to the expensive gear required, and competition of tourneys.

Some good and experienced HLDers knew it, some people refused to admit it(though they knew it, and I don't mind people using it since it's in the game and they should use it since it's an insane melee counter), but best is when LLD said it wasn't broken, OP or anything like it. But just look at them today
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Feb 23, 2015, 10:38:16 AM
"

Some good and experienced HLDers knew it, some people refused to admit it(though they knew it, and I don't mind people using it since it's in the game and they should use it since it's an insane melee counter), but best is when LLD said it wasn't broken, OP or anything like it. But just look at them today

True. The scene has changed quite a bit in the last number of months. The evolution of pvp is interesting to see (OP builds, counters to those builds discovered, new OP builds, etc...)

The more people pvp'ing, and the more at stake (competitions/tourneys), the faster this evolution seems to occur.

That and nerfs/buffs being introduced.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
Last edited by Dopamineloveaffair on Feb 23, 2015, 10:48:48 AM
"
"

True. The scene has changed quite a bit in the last number of months. The evolution of pvp is interesting to see (OP builds, counters to those builds discovered, new OP builds, etc...)

The more people pvp'ing, and the more at stake (competitions/tourneys), the faster this evolution seems to occur.

Yeah but its fun how some LLDers called me and Mulla out when we said Molten shell was op a year ago, what happend and made them realize it was actually good, and why did it take so long
"

Yeah but its fun how some LLDers called me and Mulla out when we said Molten shell was op a year ago, what happend and made them realize it was actually good, and why did it take so long

I think it was basically the addition of corrupted +1 gear and empower. Since concentrated effect can't be used in LLD, and fire pen is much weaker, it really did kind of suck for the longest time.

With people now creating 10ex plus builds in LLD, it's finally achieving it's full potential.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
"
"
"

Meta shift went from ranged puncture traps to melee. It's true it wasn't a problem in 1.2 since +1 gem corrupts weren't abundant, and a non +3 molten shell isn't broken imo. Also a lot of the builds were ranged, and defense in the form of acro and block was way stronger.
For HLD you dont need a highlevel molten shell nor +1/+3 items to more or less oneshot 8,000hp+
"
For HLD you dont need a highlevel molten shell nor +1/+3 items to more or less oneshot 8,000hp+

Yeah, I was referring to what you said about "Yeah but its fun how some LLDers called me and Mulla out when we said Molten shell was op a year ago". Back then it really wasn't OP in LLD, only recently as the meta shifts.

It's not fair to say "you're only now realizing how OP molten is" when the situations that cause it to be op, which is a meta revolving melee, haven't been prevalent in the past.
For HLD, I can simply say that phys damage is pure crap. First off it procs molten shield, and secondly the 4L cwdt immortal call setup is just dumb, everyone uses it. I hope this gets changed with he new spell to cry change in 1.4.
IGN: Beardedwizzard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info