Reasoning behind the overwhelming negative response to the latest developer update from supporters.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
Will the loss of cwdt immortal call cause problems? NO because those problems already exist right now , and all ic +cwdt did was hide them some what.
But when they become more visible?

Holy shit will these forums go crazy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
cwdt +ic was a mistake, anyone who thinks that combo is not bad for poe when every build in-existence pretty much sacrifices a 3-4l for that setup.... then you might be insane.

the current status of poe end game is this, over the top damage , mitigated by equally over the top defense mechanics..

there is no middle ground, either you use things that block all damage ( over capped resists stacking / immortal call) or you use inferior defenses and get crushed.

Will the loss of cwdt immortal call cause problems? NO because those problems already exist right now , and all ic +cwdt did was hide them some what.

as for the warcrys... they look like a melee version of curses, their shared cool down seems a tad restrictive to me however. other than that i dont see an issue with them.

I doubt they will get more attention than being in 0 link slots, in a similar manner that alot of support skills are when not built around

(such as curses when you dont spec into curses, support totems, movement skills etc)

It is long overdue for an overhaul. I am not hopeful it will come in Act 4 but you never know.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
This thread is useless.

It's just another "don't add more features until you 'fix' existing problems" whine thread. People like the OP act as if the team is made of only 2 or 3 people. They can work on multiple projects simultaneously, you know. Also, I'm sure they are very aware of the issues listed since they are whined about constantly across all the forums.

I'm all for having them fix problems, but it makes sense to add the new content first and fix problems from there rather than trying to get everything "perfect," then introducing new problems that require changing or undoing previous fixes in order to make the new fixes work.

As for "people with supporter packs" nonsense--fuck 'em. Just because you payed $xx amount doesn't mean your opinion is more valid. Plenty of people support the game via stash tabs, cosmetics, and other non-"supporter pack" MTX purchases. Even people who haven't paid (yet) have just as valid of an opinion.

/thread
"

it makes sense to add the new content first and fix problems from there rather than trying to get everything "perfect,"

This very approach is the exact reason why this game is full of unsolved, swept under the rug, problems. Bugs, skills, items, tree nodes, balance and mechanics decisions. To a point current state of the game has become nothing but a trash can.

It's not only common sense and professional approach missing, but it also lacks any kind of technical thought and good practices.

But if they find followers to excuse, love and, most important, pay for the half-done work of theirs, it's all fine.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
"

it makes sense to add the new content first and fix problems from there rather than trying to get everything "perfect,"

This very approach is the exact reason why this game is full of unsolved, swept under the rug, problems. Bugs, skills, items, tree nodes, balance and mechanics decisions. To a point current state of the game has become nothing but a trash can.

It's not only common sense and professional approach missing, but it also lacks any kind of technical thought and good practices.

But if they find followers to excuse, love and, most important, pay for the half-done work of theirs, it's all fine.

You misunderstand. I fully share your frustration that so many issues have gone untouched for so long. However, I did state in my post that fixing the problems should be part of the game plan. The problem isn't that they are adding new content; it's that they fail to address problems afterward.
"
You misunderstand. I fully share your frustration that so many issues have gone untouched for so long. However, I did state in my post that fixing the problems should be part of the game plan. The problem isn't that they are adding new content; it's that they fail to address problems afterward.

I believe that his point was that the resources that are going into adding new content are the same resources that should have been and are not going into fixing old content.
"
pneuma wrote:
"

I believe that his point was that the resources that are going into adding new content are the same resources that should have been and are not going into fixing old content.

I understand that, and if GGG would simply take one season and extend it 1-3 months, after Act 4 releases, to use that time to fix all the issues they can, they'd be in great shape to move forward from there. Asking them to stop working on a project they are near completing isn't logical or realistic.
The reason why people complain about the forthcoming balance changes concerning the cwdt + ec + ic + id bug is that they were too long delighted with immunity against physical damage. Now that the change is announced they fear that their pleasant journey is over and they realize that the time of glass cannon cockie cutter builds is over. And instead of adjusting they bring QQ to the forum. And as a result GGG will capitulate to them and create an easy way to counter physical damage because they fear that otherwise many players will stoppplaying poe and they rightfully fear this consequence because as we all know, path o exile is losing players. However this is another question.
Well, most games are losing players. It's just that they are also gaining them. It does feel like poe is on the downhill, but Act 4 may revive it. We'll just have to wait and see.
"
Well, most games are losing players. It's just that they are also gaining them. It does feel like poe is on the downhill, but Act 4 may revive it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thats true, i just had a look on the steam charts and it looks dark:

October 2013: 19,3k players, Last 30 days: 5,8k players

Of course not all players use steam but i think that at least 20-30 percent use the platform.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info