[Guide] Low-life leveling without Lorica/Shavs and transitions

Nice guide. I've made almost every build and this is something I've yet to try doing.
Nice guide! I am currently trying this out. It's nice to see something new for leveling! :D
updated mf build progress. guide coming soon™
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
Hmm..... I normally level with Goldrim for it's 4 damage reflected to attackers.

But Crown of Eyes er... Thorns reflects 5 damage to attackers.

Upgrade incoming.

Oh yeah, the build is awesome too.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
I would totally recommend going LL at 24, you get crazy clear speed from it.
Killing Dominus on LL is possible with 2-3 portals, but you need to have Ghost Reaver. I did it wout it, but had to tp back to sarn 5 times during 2nd phase of the fight.
IGN: rooteniy
Inspired by this guide I made a dual wielding claw shadow, using two Last Resort Nailed Fist claws.
So I've been using the same weapons since level 1.
I've scaled damage like you would in a facebreaker build, getting as much flat physical damage on other gear as I could.
Now at level 70 my dps for dual strike is a roughly 16k depending on power/frenzy charges. I'll be buying an Abyssus soon just for the giggles.

I've had a blast making this character. I'd like to encourage others to give low life leveling builds a go, if nothing else then for the challenge and learning experience.
I wouldn't recommend trying this in a hardcore league though, as it was a bit of a glass cannon early on.
"
BobRawr wrote:
Inspired by this guide I made a dual wielding claw shadow, using two Last Resort Nailed Fist claws.
So I've been using the same weapons since level 1.
I've scaled damage like you would in a facebreaker build, getting as much flat physical damage on other gear as I could.
Now at level 70 my dps for dual strike is a roughly 16k depending on power/frenzy charges. I'll be buying an Abyssus soon just for the giggles.

I've had a blast making this character. I'd like to encourage others to give low life leveling builds a go, if nothing else then for the challenge and learning experience.
I wouldn't recommend trying this in a hardcore league though, as it was a bit of a glass cannon early on.

That is pretty awesome. 16k with Last Resort is more than I thought possible. Damage should skyrocket with abyssus
@RickJamesWitch

I would like to run an lowlife arc build.

Would a 5l Solaris lorica be better or an Vertex helmet cause of the +1 Gems?
And what links would you choose?

With Vertex:
Arc, empower, faster casting, echo/light pen (?)

with 5l Solaris:
Arc, empower, faster casting, echo, lightpen/lifeleech

i Think its hard to get 4 or 3 blue on a Solaris so this is why i also mentioned Vertex.
And is the Leech of Doryani's Invitation even enough without a LL gem?

Would be happy about an answer thanks!
"
Kaktuskiller wrote:
I would like to run an lowlife arc build.

Would a 5l Solaris lorica be better or an Vertex helmet cause of the +1 Gems?
And what links would you choose?

With Vertex:
Arc, empower, faster casting, echo/light pen (?)

with 5l Solaris:
Arc, empower, faster casting, echo, lightpen/lifeleech

i Think its hard to get 4 or 3 blue on a Solaris so this is why i also mentioned Vertex.
And is the Leech of Doryani's Invitation even enough without a LL gem?

Would be happy about an answer thanks!

I can't tell you how the Lorica version will perform in maps but here are some differences between the two:

You lose about 500-800 base ES from not using a rare chest. Which translates to about 2000-3000 ES after passives and INT. Which means you have to grab a lot of extra ES nodes or have insane gear to stay alive in maps.

You lose 15-20% cast speed from not being able to run Blood Rage without heavy degen.

You can run one extra 25 or 40 % aura.

If you have doriyanis belt and sceptre you can run:

Arc > Lightning Penetration > Echo > Empower

Otherwise I'd go with a 5link with faster casting and life leech.

You can check out my gear for the MF chaos res version in the main post at the bottom. It's about 300 iir. I'm only at lvl 70-73 maps so far but its working well and finding on average 1 unique per map.
@RickJamesWitch

nice concept, something new to try :)
having fun for now, but...is your cwdt-setup in the crown working? because for me it never triggers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info