[1.3] Dual Doryani Cyclone Templar Uber atziri killed

Doedre's would work but you are giving up a lot just for the extra curse. With a +1 amulet you atleast get the stats from the amulet itself, with the doedre's and a dps amulet instead you might struggle to cap resists
"
ThePuppet wrote:
Doedre's would work but you are giving up a lot just for the extra curse. With a +1 amulet you atleast get the stats from the amulet itself, with the doedre's and a dps amulet instead you might struggle to cap resists

I have resists capped if i invest into a few res nodes, i think my set up does a little bit more damage, but at the sacrfice of like 100health

Im guess any good corrupted amulet would work as long as it provides dps and some stats eh?

UPDATE: respec'd a 85 duelist into this, wearing the gear i posted up. have 4100 health, and every resist maxed EXCEPT lightning, and I can actually save a bunch of points for INT nodes, since my gear provides enough by itself.

DPS is good, 116k tooltip with aura and a few charges

PROBLEM: when i spin, i dont seem to have enough life to sustain my cyclone.... that is, i have to hit something so i lifeleech otherwise my life is degenerating at the speed of like righteous fire.

EDIT: got acrobatics, but still around 4k life AND REALLLYYY SQUISHY, i mean i cant do level 74 maps without usually dying once to void bears or shit that pop out of the ground, or rogue exiles. And with cyclone its hard to avoid things coming at u when ur spinning

I dont know if this is also a problem u run into, or am i missing something?
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 1, 2015, 12:57:18 AM
I can handle 78 maps without much issue, tank most damage with my cwdt and just killing things really quickly. Not sure why your are so squishy, post your tree and maybe i can find something
"
ThePuppet wrote:
I can handle 78 maps without much issue, tank most damage with my cwdt and just killing things really quickly. Not sure why your are so squishy, post your tree and maybe i can find something

I've basically followed your tree.

My gear has me with around 4.6k life and i usually spin myself down to like 3/4 life if i dont hit anything in mobs, but i got a bunch of accuracy items and it boosted me up.

BTW what is ur dps with the current gloves / atziri boots set up? tooltip wise, mine dropped like 20k, its at like 70k ~ now

can't seem to max resists if i switch to the atziri boots, gota invest in a nice ring it seems.

I believe its due to abyssus, this build is great but feels like a glass cannon, never have i used pots as much as i do in this build, maybe its cuz blood magic + vaal pact ---- meaning overdependency on lifeleech (which means we have to keeep yolo spinning or else we get hit and die)

gear (atziri boots on standby atm ... need to upgrade my ring for more res)

Spoiler

Tree:

Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 1, 2015, 9:32:15 PM
Alright, if you're going for a duelist start, then your skill tree should be more like this:

Next, get more life on your gear. I know its a bit hard, but higher life values(60-70) will make a big difference. I personally dont use vaal pact, because even that 1% life regen helps out quite a bit, and ele reflect is easily mtigated with a topaz flask. Phys reflect is non-existent.

My setup gets me around 5.1k life and 125k tooltip dps, no charges. I don't feel that glass cannon at all, mostly due to stuff dying too fast.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Switching to atziri's steps is only possible when you have good enough other gear, mostly rings. You should switch to a tree similar to ethers, the templar area is more efficient to just dip in to if you can since you are a duelist. Switching your rings to ones with resists + 70 life at first will help you to sustain your life pool. Since im not sure how you play the build I cant say exactly what the problem is, since i started ive never had a problem with doing too much damage to myself through cyclone. Try to cyclone only after leaping into packs and do small bursts as the dps is so high you don't need to cyclone for long for packs to die.

I found VP to be needed for certain situations but since i havent tried without it i cant say for sure if thats your problem. You could experiment with both and see what works for you.
Thanks for the tip! I am actually surviving a lot more after optimizing my tree and upgrading my rings / gear.

Still got a little more left to go with gear + tree but should be very end game powerful. I am doing more dmg than like flameblaster in full party map runs (most of the time, but cant beat mirrored / legacy gear tho) although can't complain because this is a really inexpensive set up for the amount of dmg and output it provides.

meanwhile, for those who want to follow up on this build, im selling a corrupted ungils:

I managed to buy a +1curse rare ammy for like 20 exalts (don't know if it was smart) but this baby is now up for grabs. message if yall interested, can also help with build / questions

"
ThePuppet wrote:
Switching to atziri's steps is only possible when you have good enough other gear, mostly rings. You should switch to a tree similar to ethers, the templar area is more efficient to just dip in to if you can since you are a duelist. Switching your rings to ones with resists + 70 life at first will help you to sustain your life pool. Since im not sure how you play the build I cant say exactly what the problem is, since i started ive never had a problem with doing too much damage to myself through cyclone. Try to cyclone only after leaping into packs and do small bursts as the dps is so high you don't need to cyclone for long for packs to die.

I found VP to be needed for certain situations but since i havent tried without it i cant say for sure if thats your problem. You could experiment with both and see what works for you.

also what is ur tooltip dps after switching to atzir's step / life -res gloves?

what was ur set up / dps for uber atziri?
Its 90k without charges like in the screenshots on the first page. For uber atziri i switched to self cast ic/ec for up until atziri herself. For atziri i switched gloves and dropped herald of thunder so i could self curse. The switches can be seen in the video but cant remember exactly as i have given all my gear away so cannot check any more exact numbers/items. Switching a few passives around for longer duration ic would be very helpful for uber and cut a lot of the deaths down as well as just more practice at it
Current Gear:

DPS
Without Charges:
With Charges:

This build is awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info