Build of the Week: Avatar of Fire Shockwave Totem Witch

Why yes, you can START this build in any league.
But judging from the vids (not only the BOTW one) you won't stay long.
wow, someone actually jacked my old build. i shelved this version when pyre ring came out and started using Chernobog's Pillar with Hrimsorrow so i still get a main weapon for spell damage and the shields decent armor (plus the 5% chance curse on hit). He's also made it a squishy version. I submitted this build on path of poe December 18, 2013 (templar). Pretty sure i also posted this on poe forums back then as well and i still have the character i was working on for it too. Kudos for making critical focus at least that bits different. Rightious decree and unrelenting were to be used for decreasing mana cost, dynamo only if necessary. Props for trying to make it your own and getting it noticed i guess.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
top 3 worst botw, top 1 if you read is forum post
Last edited by Dazoul on Feb 6, 2015, 9:02:12 AM
"
Dazoul wrote:
top 3 worst botw, top 1 if you read is forum post

Yeah, seriously.... The OP links to an atziri kill video, and COMPLETELY CHANGES HIS BUILD for the Atziri fight. Both unspecs AoF and switches out bow, quiver, and boots. That's not cool. If you're in HC and need to change out your method of tankiness, that's one thing (Havoc does that for uber fights, no issues), but The entire build is just fundamentally changing!

If your build isn't Atziri capable, that's fine, dude, but _admit that_.
Great job dan/chris loved watching it!

I did the atziri fight swaps for two reasons:
I) Saffels is a really good shield for atziri, I lost the ability to use AoF and a bow because of it though.

Ii) Atziri can't be ignited, AoF wasn't as strong as it was vs vaal and trio bosses.
Last edited by link1313 on Feb 6, 2015, 12:17:13 PM
Interesting idea, shit build... and his comparasion of his ele swt against Havoc´s phys swt is just funny.. not commenting Atziri video, do not wanna be rude.
It's nice to see a build that I could potentially put together with what I already have. Looks like it would be fun to play.
Hi

Interesting build, glad to see SWT get a little showcase. This BOTW looks fun but could definitely use some fine tuning.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
link1313 wrote:
Great job dan/chris loved watching it!

I did the atziri fight swaps for two reasons:
I) Saffels is a really good shield for atziri, I lost the ability to use AoF and a bow because of it though.

Ii) Atziri can't be ignited, AoF wasn't as strong as it was vs vaal and trio bosses.

Look, this is fine info, and I appreciate that you're willing to go out there and just admit it here, but your build guide is _misleading_. You can't just link to an atziri fight and claim that it was a no-death run with the build detailed within and then swap out your gear and unspec your _main selling point_.

Go into your build guide, edit the main post, and give full details and rationale of your gear/passive swap. Make the swap PART OF YOUR GUIDE. Then I will forgive you. Otherwise, this completely fails as a BotW topic.
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 6, 2015, 4:00:19 PM
I posted a similar build 02 January 2015

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1160131

, the hardcore league, okay that I did not have much time to play and further enhance the character, could even be mine, but that's okay, this was a optimal build. Congratulations.
Last edited by AndErson_Poe on Feb 6, 2015, 5:58:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info