[1.3] KNIVES FROM HELL ! HUGE LIFE - MASSIVE REGENERATION - ENOURMOUS STRENGTH !

"
Schaller wrote:
Hey, also consider getting a quality Herald of Ash, which will add fire damage to your EK (and also boost RF damage slightly). I'm not too partial on getting Celestial Punishment (because burning via RF doesn't count as Ignite) even though you're getting it for the chance to freeze. For single target you could try Flame Surge + Echo + Conc Effect in the Doon (if you're holding lightning warp in there and don't want to recolour, swap out one of those gems for Fire Penetration/Life Leech) or good old Incinerate/Fireball to benefit from some of those projectile damage nodes.

Hi !

HoA would be good but what is it better : Hatred + HoI or HoA ? Because HoA and HoI won't work together. And RF already did burning damage.

You got a really good idea for the single target skill ! But Flame surge needs ignite..Maybe Glacial Cascade + Echo + Conc effect would be better than a 5-6L EK...needs to see tooltip aha so basically I need my PC back !

"
MoonnieDarko wrote:
I played a similar build this league and Clarity lv 10 + blood magic + reduced mana with the Unrelenting passives and Righteous decree was more than enough to sustain the mana cost.

I don't think mana leech on rings work on spells. Correct me if I'm wrong

Cheers

Hi mate ! You're right, mana leech doesn't work with spells...I thought it was physique damage but it's physical attack damage.

It's cool for the mana sustain ! I'm relieved.

But still I don't know : Clarity or not, double curse or not, Hatred/HoI or not..
Hatred is insane because it gives + % cold damage based on your ethereal knives damage, so spell damage will scale it indirectly. Herald of ice doesnt get bonuses from spell damage modifiers.
Its definitely better in every way
BIG UDPATE 18/02/15

=> Dual curse

=> Hatred aura

=> Clarity + BM

=> My PC is back

=> More mana regen / life regen

=> No more endurance charge mechanic
Nice to hear you'll be able to run this build !
Hit me up in game, I'd love to go mapping with you to see how this build performs, I'm very interested to see the results :)

Btw : reduced mana costs of SKILLS do not work with auras, it would be way too OP ^^
So your Clarity will cost more than what you think. You could also consider simply taking away Herald of Ash and run Clarity on mana, maybe a lower lvl one if you don't have enough mana. I'm pretty sure a lvl ~8-10 Clarity will cover all your needs with all that mana regen from tree.
Last edited by Vadler on Feb 18, 2015, 1:07:41 PM
"
Vadler wrote:
Nice to hear you'll be able to run this build !
Hit me up in game, I'd love to go mapping with you to see how this build performs, I'm very interested to see the results :)

Btw : reduced mana costs of SKILLS do not work with auras, it would be way too OP ^^
So your Clarity will cost more than what you think. You could also consider simply taking away Herald of Ash and run Clarity on mana, maybe a lower lvl one if you don't have enough mana. I'm pretty sure a lvl ~8-10 Clarity will cover all your needs with all that mana regen from tree.

Hey ! I'll be glad to see you too ! My Mac is still..***** low and I have some lags, and a **** character but I got my Rise of the Phoenix, some piece of my gear, a q14 ethereal knives and all of my gems too.

I just need to level up, to buy Doon Cuebiyari and to get a "normal stuff" before hitting level 70.

I thought that reduced mana cost afflicted only Clarity. But it's ok.

I could consider to not use HoA but I think it's pretty good.

About the mana

At level 90, you got near 400 base mana.

+53% from the passive = 610 mana

+ bonus from the gear and passive and intelligence = near 800 mana at least

Mana regen : 205% from the passive only (templar)

Mana regeneration per second : 1.75/100 * 610 * 210/100 = 29 mana

Clarity level 20 = 25 mana per second

Total of 54 mana per second AT LEAST !

EK - Spell echo - Faster projectile - Iron Will - Added fire damage - Life leech

29*1.3*1.1*1.0*1.2*1.3 = near 65 mana

19% reduced mana cost from passive = 53 mana

Basically, EK cost 53 mana for 2 cast (thanks to spell echo).

With 800 mana, you got : https://poe.mikelat.com/#9554b/Oyb506/TGRnb

104 mana with 54 mana per second and 53 mana used for 2 cast of EK !
The thing is, mana regeneration from the tree or the gear also applies to Clarity, or else I wouldn't be able to have more than 80 mana regen/s on my ES-based RF Witch with a lvl 4 Clarity ^^
(Okay, I have a shit ton of increased effects of buffs and auras and a good amount of mana regen on gear, making me go to ~220% mana regen with the tree and the gear, but that's just to emphasize my point)

So yeah, you probably won't need a lvl 20 Clarity. Not even close. Unless you want to run a lvl 20 Artic Armour but that's another story :p
"
Vadler wrote:
The thing is, mana regeneration from the tree or the gear also applies to Clarity, or else I wouldn't be able to have more than 80 mana regen/s on my ES-based RF Witch with a lvl 4 Clarity ^^
(Okay, I have a shit ton of increased effects of buffs and auras and a good amount of mana regen on gear, making me go to ~220% mana regen with the tree and the gear, but that's just to emphasize my point)

So yeah, you probably won't need a lvl 20 Clarity. Not even close. Unless you want to run a lvl 20 Artic Armour but that's another story :p

Oh..i didn't know that ahaha

But basically it is some details : Clarity takes 88 (level 1) to 722 (level 20) life from more than 7K life pool character !

We don't feel the difference between 100 and 800.

Having 80 mana/sec is perfect to cast curses, and if EK has a cast speed near to 2/second !

EK cast speed ?

I thing i'm bad at theorycrafting cast speed of spells but let's try out !

Base cast speed : 0.8 cast per second.

=> Afflicted with passive, support gem and gear.

=> not afflicted by projectile speed

Passive

33% increased cast speed

Gear

It's hard to say, but probably the only mod would be the one on Doon Cuebiyari between 15 and 18%, let's say 17%.

Support gem

Spell echo : 69% more cast speed

Faster casting : still don't know if faster casting is better than LL but we'll two calculation. 39% Increased Cast Speed

0.8 + (0.8*0.17) + (0.8*0.33) = 1.2
0.936 * 1.69 = 2.0 cast / second without faster casting

0.8 + (0.8*0.17) + (0.8*0.39) + (0.8*0.33) = 1.5
1.5 * 1.69 = 2.5 cast / second with faster casting

One second of EK cost 106 mana (4 real cast thanks to spell echo) or near 120 mana with faster casting.
Last edited by Justice_ on Feb 18, 2015, 7:25:48 PM
BUMP!
alright so ive been running this build for a bit here... its ok but not the facemelting damage i was hoping for at this point.... i am currently level 75 and running this gear

not sure where my main dps problems are coming from, probably a little bit of everything, a few missing nodes that are important that ill get in a few levels and a few under leveled gems, next time i log on ill try and figure out how to get some screen grabs posted of current stats and what not
How much tooltip DPS do you have right now with Ethereal Knives ? Actually, could you post your tree and stats just so we see how's the end result of this build ?
This spell rarely has facemelting damage though, but if you adopt a close-up fighting style, aka standing in the face of the enemies to burn them with Righteous Fire while you fire up your Ethereal Knives, the damage from both should be quite high, even if a degeneration like Righteous Fire is less impressive than massive burst damage ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info