[1.3] KNIVES FROM HELL ! HUGE LIFE - MASSIVE REGENERATION - ENOURMOUS STRENGTH !

Yes I think you can go for it if you have the exalts needed for Atramentis, Rise of the Phenix and the rest of the build :)

As soon as I get enough money to respec my lvl 50 Marauder and buy him the uniques he need, I think I'll go for it as well and see what happens !
"
Vadler wrote:
Yes I think you can go for it if you have the exalts needed for Atramentis, Rise of the Phenix and the rest of the build :)

As soon as I get enough money to respec my lvl 50 Marauder and buy him the uniques he need, I think I'll go for it as well and see what happens !

As a minimum :

=> Astramentis : 3 ex

=> Rise of the Phoenix : few chaos (10-30)

=> Doon Cuebiyari : few chaos (10-30)

=> Doryani's invitation belt : few chaos to 1 ex

=> Meginord's Vise : few chaos (8)

I think we can count..6 ex maximum !

A Scion version is also possible : https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAIcP5ZVfhCGeQ1mh02mKUoNhN-ehTUkWdmuDr7ij6gsfYvf4Ktz5BhzGeplc64fJF_o81kk3jU6UMXxynxq4ZLiftxPY8LWjyBLOiAPAfwGaCm-FzkFUnL-w4Gjh8uzrYJIs9Dy3SrY3ZYc9-kc5XDbvtggfyQdIhKS7xrF8_Gj58uO8OFCDkUVBHxFj2SD38WGMB56cwns0Ykbyf_EsUTWEhGlVkozbohNkB3OLqZU29Nkd-vqcS4QUteu907YTvJ9X-VA3NK1Aczu08mjvVpsCaCarZ_Fugp1V8DkPIsZAtqNtZt9aDCQ==
Last edited by Justice_ on Feb 9, 2015, 5:31:46 PM
Looks good to me!

My only concern is which auras to use. Hatred is nice but the mana reserve is high. Also having clarity, purity of fire is going to make it very difficult. And this isn't even including vitality.
"
Pracis wrote:
Looks good to me!

My only concern is which auras to use. Hatred is nice but the mana reserve is high. Also having clarity, purity of fire is going to make it very difficult. And this isn't even including vitality.

Hatred would be very nice, but I can't afford this..

About the mana reserved : https://poe.mikelat.com/#9Z34b/ODvpcB

It's seams sustainable with 800 mana. I'll have 71 mana left

=> A level 20 Clarity means : near 25 mana/second

=> From the tree : +165% mana regen, +30% maximum mana, 20% reduced mana cost of skills

I think it is possible, isn't it ?

EDIT : an other possibility

Run Hatred - Herald of Thunder - Purity of fire, which reserved mana (with 800 mana -> 100 mana)

Run Clarity + Blood magic + Reduced mana (reserved 700 life)
Last edited by Justice_ on Feb 10, 2015, 3:22:10 PM
(2.45 + 1)*1633 = 5633.85
(2.4 + 1)*1673 = 5688.2

so yes 40 life > 5% life node
in fact gimping urself by not taking it at early lvls as well only way i see it not becoming true is if exceed 10k+ life at some point 5% will exceed 40 life but at that point prolly be able to afford to do recipe to swap choices
Last edited by crbomega on Feb 10, 2015, 10:00:06 PM
What do you think about it?

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2D38xFj2SF8_7w4UIFcNggfyQdIhz36tjdlhJ-0ZLv5UDc0rUBzOPQ_E9uw4Oth8uySLGjiQVScv1abtPFOlDF8cp8auPC3Yvf4Ktz4xnqZX-ehBh6cwns0Ykbyf_EsUTQHnhNkB3DbovqdlTb02R35hIeLq6mJ1y2SjGlVTUkWdmuDr7ij6gsck2IVt1YFXlP6PNZJN49X4xLjNmI1-t7YyfoZg4XOaO4KbogAEs_AfwGbAmgmq2fxo8lugp1V8Dve-bpfynBo-8awpLny4lKDaYmh0

Removed a bit of life's regeneration (from some calculation it will be enough to sustain righteous fire) but that's a 108 points build so it is always possible to take them back (fire flasks will function like life flasks).
Removed 3 endurance charges because it's not easy sustain them.
I inserted also iron grip to gain double advance from strenght as projectile and spell (iron will).
"
crbomega wrote:
(2.45 + 1)*1633 = 5633.85
(2.4 + 1)*1673 = 5688.2

so yes 40 life > 5% life node
in fact gimping urself by not taking it at early lvls as well only way i see it not becoming true is if exceed 10k+ life at some point 5% will exceed 40 life but at that point prolly be able to afford to do recipe to swap choices

I agree with you, and I knew it, +40 base life is better than 5% maximum life. But a passive skill is..easier to use.

=> You can get 4% max life and 3% elem res

=> 4% max life, some armour

=> 15% elemental resistance (maraudeur area)

That's a personal choice in fact ! (I'll redit the bandit choice to say it's "personal" and not the better choice).

Passive skill is flexible !

"
BeechMarten wrote:
What do you think about it?

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2D38xFj2SF8_7w4UIFcNggfyQdIhz36tjdlhJ-0ZLv5UDc0rUBzOPQ_E9uw4Oth8uySLGjiQVScv1abtPFOlDF8cp8auPC3Yvf4Ktz4xnqZX-ehBh6cwns0Ykbyf_EsUTQHnhNkB3DbovqdlTb02R35hIeLq6mJ1y2SjGlVTUkWdmuDr7ij6gsck2IVt1YFXlP6PNZJN49X4xLjNmI1-t7YyfoZg4XOaO4KbogAEs_AfwGbAmgmq2fxo8lugp1V8Dve-bpfynBo-8awpLny4lKDaYmh0

Removed a bit of life's regeneration (from some calculation it will be enough to sustain righteous fire) but that's a 108 points build so it is always possible to take them back (fire flasks will function like life flasks).
Removed 3 endurance charges because it's not easy sustain them.
I inserted also iron grip to gain double advance from strenght as projectile and spell (iron will).

=> You're idea is good on the sheet, like double buff with projectile and spell damage...but Ethereal Knives is a spell, not an "attack". Iron Grip won't effect it. That is too bad because this build will "double" his DPS with Iron Grip, but it doesn't work.

=> Endurance charge are very good ! Do not under estimate them !

With 8 endurance charges, you got : +1.6% life regen (like a level 20 Vitality), +32% Physical Damage reduction and +32% additional Elemental Resistances.

It is the best buff for our survivability. But when do I get endurance charges ?

In CaC, with Cast on damage taken. And it is especially at this moment that I'll need survivability !

hi, this will be a very tanky solo build, there are a few concerns
in general tho;

1. there's a lot of map mods that are nasty to do as a rf character
2. ek is pretty much only viable in solo play
3. casters that are based around the left side of the tree generally struggle
with mana (as you already know), you can work around that with proper gear

further things to consider:

1. you shouldn't have any problems with reflect if you're going for enduring
charges (which aren't hard to sustain at all)

2. armour falls off greatly, consider going for a perma ic setup
(needs some time to get used to it, but it's worth it hands down. i've tried
out armour based builds a couple times and generally, at around 76 maps,
you can basically respec out of all armour nodes and won't feel a significant
loss in tankyness)

3. i wouldn't bother using herald of thunder curse on hit, just link it to bm
and cast manually if you need it since i highly doubt you will be shocking often enough

4. added fire is way better than added chaos

"
mattsemega wrote:
hi, this will be a very tanky solo build, there are a few concerns
in general tho;

1. there's a lot of map mods that are nasty to do as a rf character
2. ek is pretty much only viable in solo play
3. casters that are based around the left side of the tree generally struggle
with mana (as you already know), you can work around that with proper gear

further things to consider:

1. you shouldn't have any problems with reflect if you're going for enduring
charges (which aren't hard to sustain at all)

2. armour falls off greatly, consider going for a perma ic setup
(needs some time to get used to it, but it's worth it hands down. i've tried
out armour based builds a couple times and generally, at around 76 maps,
you can basically respec out of all armour nodes and won't feel a significant
loss in tankyness)

3. i wouldn't bother using herald of thunder curse on hit, just link it to bm
and cast manually if you need it since i highly doubt you will be shocking often enough

4. added fire is way better than added chaos

Thanks for your motivation ! You're helping me a lot (and sorry for my english again).

1 => I play for fun, i can afford to.."avoid" some maps. It's ok, i'm a casual player

2 => I'm an "only solo player" dude !

3 => Once again, with a level 20 Clarity, 165% mana regen, 30% maximum and 20% reduced mana cost of skills, I think i'll be pretty much ok ! Don't you think ?

4 => Cool ! I do think that endurance charge is a key in this build

5 => I don't really understand what you said..armour is useless ? I knew that it was a not as important as life, but can you explain me further what should I do then ? (thanks)

6 => I saw a lot of discussion on HoT + curse on hit with only 5% chance to shock and without any crits : it is possible ! And HoT gives me some damage, which isn't enormous but great.

The problem with manually curse the ennemies :

=> I'm lazy : I know me, doing 2 cast of EK instead of EK + Curse is much..easier to do !

=> Curse the enemy takes the time to kill an enemy (without boss' fight)

How can I solve the problem :

Ball Lightning + Curse on hit + Vulnerability + Faster casting and put Hatred or Vitality instead of HoT. In this case, i'll need 1000 base mana instead of 800 mana to be mana sub sustainable.

7 => The 6th link is a question of choice, but added fire damage seems better, you're right !
By the way, this setup can work with any spell, I'm considering to play it with Glacial Cascade instead of EK once I get it going, since it scales of AoE very well, just as Righteous Fire. I actually have another project before that but oh well, it'll be done in time. So it's very flexible if you think EK isn't that great of a spell for party playing.
Freezing Pulse, etc... Anything that has a good scaling of spell damage (aka not Arc for example) will do the work just great !

By the way, for your mana : go for some mana/mana regen on gear and take a low lvl Clarity with Purity of Fire and Hatred if you want, it will do the work with some reduced mana costs. My ES RF Arcer Witch runs a lvl 3 Clarity along with Discipline, PoF and Vitality and has around 66 mana regen/s (and it goes up very fast with lvls of Clarity), which is enough to spam as I want ^^
Last edited by Vadler on Feb 11, 2015, 11:31:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info