[1.3] Shock Pulse Shadow - 25k GMP tooltip Reflect Resistant Freezing Pulse

Just this version. I'm sure you will be able to make a strong life-based EB/non-EB self-cast Shadow FP build in 2.0 - I personally doubt it will reach the power levels of this build, but it will clear top maps for you if built right. One of the main ideas I wanted (and succeeded) to achieve with this build is insane damage (due to 5 damage supports), while not being scared of reflect - meaning no Life Leech Vaal Pact.

There are several reasons that this is not possible in 2.0:
1. Arctic Armour no longer mitigates flat damage (so reflect immunity, like I achieve with a Ruby, or without a ruby until very high damage levels.
2. Even if AA still mitigated flat, each proj in 2.0 deals far more damage than 1.3.x to make up for the shotgunning nerf.
3. Shotgunning nerf - we benefited from shocking mobs with 1 proj, then doing 1.5x damage with the other 4 that hit it, effectively making my 428% crit multi into over 600% with the investment of a helmet slot alone (which still gives 30% all res).
4. Caster defences were in general nerfed, but a CWDT setup was important to this build's survivability, although this change alone would not have nearly killed the build. In general, 2.0 EB makes casters less attractive.
5. Hypothermia - there's far less motivation to build like I did if you're just going to use Hypothermia for your more multi, and there's Ice Bite you can put on HoI for even more "More" damage. This, + survivability from Freeze (as I doubt we can one-shot things like now anyway in 2.0), makes the whole conversion process far less necessary.

TL;DR - a lot of nerfs to damage and survivability, buffs to alternatives. The idea could probably be replicated in future leagues, but I doubt it'd be the efficient. I will give it a shot, but again, I'm not holding high hopes.

edit:

"
Freezing Pulse: Damage increased by 25% to compensate for the shotgunning mechanic change.

RIP. Not even close to compensating for shotgun nerf.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
Last edited by AvocadoCake on Jul 10, 2015, 6:21:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info