[2.0] Cold Snap Perma Freeze - Updated!

"
DigitalGalt wrote:
I started with this exact build in mind, having never seen this thread. Generate power charges from ice spear, then rock cold snap forever. I got bored and it just seemed like a lot of wasted skill gem slots. It works, but it doesn't offer much survival.

I got a Taryn's shiver. I bought Romira's Banquet. Took Resolute Technique. Took Eldritch Battery. I 6-linked a white Saintly Chainmail and got lucky with a single Alch. I hit for truck loads with every cold snap (~6,000) and run two different cold snaps (prolif/conc effect). I use really cheap uniques to keep the power up. You should check it out. It just works better than farming crits constantly.

Regarding your build:
1. Marylene's. Its getting a hard buff in 2.0 and you won't believe what it does with Ice Spear+EleProlif. Its unreal. I can one-shot Residence Dominus (human form) with a really weird Marylene's build I have.
2. Check out Doedre's Tenure. They are part of the reason my Cold Snaps hit so hard. Dirt cheap due to no defensive stats and -20% cast speed.

Hey thanks for the feedback! I've been on hiatus during the beta, but currently working on a theorycraft of this build again for 2.0. I like the romiras, taryns combo, but I intended for my build to work with very little currency and still be quite effective. Even with only a 4L volls you can be a huge support for a mapping group.

I'll check out the new marylenes in this once 2.0 drops :). I'll check out deodres as a cheap alternative to malis or life/res gloves!
Updated the Passive Tree and Stats Section. This build should be just as viable as ever. I plan on making this as soon as I snag a 5L Volls :)
Is it me or the updated 2.0 tree link doesn't work anymore?

Edit: nvm, fixed!
Last edited by FurYY on Aug 12, 2015, 10:11:49 AM
can`t open the skill tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info