I am dumb? Keep dying with good gear at lvl 87

HI all.
I previously played an incinerete max block witch, atziri easily capable.
After block nerf of 1.3 I spent all my ex for a Mjolner discharge build but I am keep dying in situation where my incinerate had no problems.
Where am I wrong? I have 7000 es and I am casting IC mannually
I still have to passive point to allocate but I really don't know where to puti it for trying to solve this situation, any suggestion?
my gear

my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecMfQ18DY0OPBB_EVAUcRVQFy8aOBslHNwdFB_HIvQksCW8J6ko-io4LKYtiy9vNbk26DeDOlJCo0ZxRwZJUUuuV8lYr1nzXGtcil9qZJ1k52aebAttGW6XcLtyqXgNe9d-WX_GgKSCx4MJhEiGYIcpjHaPRo_6kFWQ1pHOkyeboZ_LoqOm66cIpyunMKlurKq0DLXytzG4k7vtwBrBxcHzw23GntDQ2RPZW9rd2-ffit-_4vfpAuoY6rrr7uv17Bjw1fId8pz3Mve-99f46_rS
Last edited by BabboAndrea on Jan 31, 2015, 12:12:02 PM
Don't want to be rude, but...the reason why ur char sucks is pretty obvious. If you did get that kind of gear by legal means you should be able to pinpoint the reason yourself.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Is the gem setup the one you actually use?

you waste one slot in mjolner with support gem that has no effect on spells

I have no idea what you want to achieve with this 6L setup

e: In this game, buying best gear doesnt automaticaly grant you strong character, you also have to know what to do with it
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 31, 2015, 12:11:39 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
Is the gem setup the one you actually use?

you waste one slot in mjolner with support gem that has no effect on spells

I have no idea what you want to achieve with this 6L setup

e: In this game, buying best gear doesnt automaticaly grant you strong character, you also have to know what to do with it

I corrected the gems in the chest.
I played all my 2 years time in poe with incinerate , and I enjoyed this build a lot. After block nerf I tryed to switch to another char.
I Had the shav and the mjolner in my stash and I spent all my "money " buyng voolìs and shavronne's revelation.
I understand that playing this type of char could be different from an incinerete max block , and this is the reason I am asking here. Where am I wrong?
First off, replace life gain on hit with Life Leech in mjolner. Not even sure how you could get this wrong :'D
Secondly your lightning strike isn't going to kill anything anyway, thatrarity gem won't do shit. Also you might want to replace that LS gem with a level 1 one, so it costs less.
IGN: Smegacore
"
Darkrox wrote:
Don't want to be rude, but...the reason why ur char sucks is pretty obvious. If you did get that kind of gear by legal means you should be able to pinpoint the reason yourself.

Mate , I really don't know what you are insinuating here.
In this items I put all the money/drop ecc of 2 years of play. If you know why my char sucks I am here for hear what you have to say , this is the reason I posted this thread, but please take your legal assuntion for youself ,' cos you are talking to the wrong guy.
No hard feelings.
"
battled wrote:
First off, replace life gain on hit with Life Leech in mjolner. Not even sure how you could get this wrong :'D
Secondly your lightning strike isn't going to kill anything anyway, tha trarity gem won't do shit. Also you might want to replace that LS gem with a level 1 one, so it costs less.

I'll try to change the LS to lvl 1 and Life gain on hit with life leech.
Regarding the rarity gem I supposed it works 'cos , the guys from whom I took the build use a item quantity in his setting
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088410

What I sould use instead of item rarity?

Edited:
Ok thie life gem seems the problem, i thought that leech didn't work for vaal pact passive , I thougt is was considered regeneration... I was wrong thank you

Last edited by BabboAndrea on Jan 31, 2015, 12:48:49 PM
In the thread you linked notice how the main 6-l with IIR/IIQ always has culling strike - if your attacks are hitting between discharges and arcs then the increased MF will take place, otherwise this only works if your lightning strike kills stuff (which it probably won't). The reduced mana is in the shavs for the third example probably because Herald of Thunder is also socketed in there. You'd need to drop either Faster Attacks or GMP for Culling Strike, then replace the Reduced Mana with the Life Gain on Hit you put in your Mjolnir (heh) or Item Quantity.
"
BabboAndrea wrote:

Mate , I really don't know what you are insinuating here.
In this items I put all the money/drop ecc of 2 years of play. If you know why my char sucks I am here for hear what you have to say , this is the reason I posted this thread, but please take your legal assuntion for youself ,' cos you are talking to the wrong guy.
No hard feelings.

Well, see it from my point of view and you might understand why I wonder:
Your Account dates back to Okt 2014 - although you say you play for 2 years and parts of gear are worth hundreds of exalts. That's strange, but maybe you played really hardcore, BUT if you did so, you would know that LGOH doesn't work with Spells.
You die often and still you use IR with your LS - this doesn't make any sense since that propably wont kill stuff anyway unless you cull. Also if that reduced mana in the Shavs is really needed, why do you use the Q one with auras that don't benefit from the Q and the non Q one with LS where the Q would help?
Next thing, your gear is very inconsistent, i mean why the hell do you wear a 1Alc Helmet ? You waste a slot on your gloves which could easily be used - for example switching gems with the shield and getting a usefull setup this way instead of whatever the hell you got there atm. Boots without movespeed, a belt that could use some crafting mod atleast if you can't get smth better.

I didn't bother checking the passivtree, but i am 100% sure there is plenty of room for improvement too.

"
Ludvator wrote:
In this game, buying best gear doesnt automaticaly grant you strong character, you also have to know what to do with it

IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Feb 1, 2015, 3:12:44 AM
"
I am dumb?

yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info