Proof that we have a cool community -name and fame-

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is great, GGg community, wp. That host is gonna have a blast when he returns, loved it.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : fucked up the links, fixed it now :)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 30, 2015, 2:04:51 PM
Good stuff!
this is what it used to look like, before Global Chat became a cesspool, and before the Public Parties board was taken over by "<<<<<<<WTS>>>>>>>>>>".

people sharing free waypoints.
people helping each other kill bosses.
people doing co-op just for fun.

I miss those days. they won't come back.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 30, 2015, 2:14:48 PM
"

But where's the JohnKeys™ "Risk and Reward" of picking up free loot (or "dollar bills" as you call currency) off the ground dropped by other players?

yes I remember the loot ninjas too.
took only a couple of games getting movement-blocked and seeing my loot snatched from me, to learn to avoid them like The Plague.
no loot allocation back then, obviously.
there's a good reason we have one now.
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 30, 2015, 2:19:41 PM
"

But wouldn't you be in opposition to a player simply being HANDED currency - there's literally NO risk/reward ratio there!

there's very little risk/reward anywhere really.
so nothing is stopping me from giving something nice I found but have no use for, to someone who does.

and since that guy just gave me a free Waypoint I needed because my Client crashed in all previous attempts at loading the zone, why wouldn't I return the favor to him or someone else, who's having trouble with some other zone?

Boem here proves, random acts of kindness is still a thing.
I'm absolutely delighted it is.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

But wouldn't you be in opposition to a player simply being HANDED currency - there's literally NO risk/reward ratio there!

there's very little risk/reward anywhere really.
so nothing is stopping me from giving something nice I found but have no use for, to someone who does.

and since that guy just gave me a free Waypoint I needed because my Client crashed in all previous attempts at loading the zone, why wouldn't I return the favor to him or someone else, who's having trouble with some other zone?

Boem here proves, random acts of kindness is still a thing.
I'm absolutely delighted it is.

The other guy is right though. Even so the risk/reward ratio is not there :)
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

But where's the JohnKeys™ "Risk and Reward" of picking up free loot (or "dollar bills" as you call currency) off the ground dropped by other players?

yes I remember the loot ninjas too.
took only a couple of games getting movement-blocked and seeing my loot snatched from me, to learn to avoid them like The Plague.
no loot allocation back then, obviously.
there's a good reason we have one now.

The movement block shit was what should have been fixed (agree with you there), not making timer infinite. FFA loot and open PVP are what made Diablo 2 tick, many people are now coming to understand this. PoE is actually much more fun with SA or FFA looting turned on, few play it though because PERM is easier. MUCH easier.

It also seems like most players are soloing now, (streamers/friends I watch anyway) when PERM loot is always expected its simple logic to see that you will always get less loot when you group up. When loot timers were short players shared items, that at least made it feel like your drops were not as bad when you saw much more loot fall and it was 'up for grabs'.

Lastly, nobody needs to make friends to defeat “loot tension” – grouping with random pubs, friends or enemies makes not a lick of difference. You play the same no matter who you are with using PREM allocation; at very least SA had a diversity of situations.

I’m completely convinced that boredom/monotonous gameplay and preference to soloing are largely the side effects of everyone playing perm allocation. – The few people I have convinced to try SA (with friends at least) agree with me afterwards. It's sad GGG could not find, and the players would not tolerate a better solution.
"
johnKeys wrote:
this is what it used to look like, before Global Chat became a cesspool, and before the Public Parties board was taken over by "<<<<<<<WTS>>>>>>>>>>".

people sharing free waypoints.
people helping each other kill bosses.
people doing co-op just for fun.

I miss those days. they won't come back.

The WTS in public isn't so bad in the HC challenge leagues, or at least most of whats posted is actual parties.

GGG needs to add a separate tab for WTS/WTB because it makes pugging on torment almost impossible with all that crappy spam.
"
The movement block shit was what should have been fixed (agree with you there), not making timer infinite. FFA loot and open PVP are what made Diablo 2 tick, many people are now coming to understand this. PoE is actually much more fun with SA or FFA looting turned on, few play it though because PERM is easier. MUCH easier.

First off, I'll preface by stating that Open PvP in Diablo 2 was amazing and I miss it dearly. I don't recall the last time I've enjoyed an arpg so much as I did going from random public game to random public game and dueling against random players for hours outside of Act 1's town.

As far as the loot allocation in PoE goes though: What are you smoking, because I would love to try it? Loot allocation was terrible with SA and FFA, because of the movement and desnych issues. I literally lost an exalted orb because I could not get to it, because I desnyched, then ended up in a different spot on the screen, then my movement was blocked. PA was the best thing that could've happened to public games and unless I were playing in a group with someone who I play with frequently, then there is no way I would run in a party with SA or FFA, simply because of the desnych/movement issues this game has.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jan 30, 2015, 3:21:29 PM
Do we really have to shit up every thread by antagonizing johnkeys? You already know what he's going to say.

On topic, every time I've done an afk Solaris party there are always people that go off looking for statues to bring back.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info