[2.0] Cold-to-Fire Pyre Ice Nova Marauder Tank (Cheap!)

"
marsupielago wrote:
Nice build!

You should look for the unique amulet Atziri's Foible
High mana regenation rate while it also fixes problems of not having enough dexterity or intelligence (Apep's Rage intelligence needed is really high for a Marauder)
This way, I can manage the increased mana cost from Apep's Rage, which is a very nice addition because of the dps and the chaos damage:

This is a really good idea. I'll have to add these items to the main page.
"
Kesselya wrote:
Here is a link to a 2.0 skill tree. With the addition of jewel sockets, I tried to pick up a few of the easy to get ones, because jewels are going to be so awesome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAecEBwSzBUIGDgn2EFgRLRQgFE0YkRkuGjgaPhv6Jd8nLyftKS4qjSycLR8wlzLRNtg5ijpYPAU9Xz38QZZFR0WdRtdJG0yzUXRSU1NSVcZXDVhjWfNfP2P9ZlRoZWjycYVyD3KpeTl65nyDfLh-4oIHgpuD24V7h2WMz47pkFWUb5Ugl5WX9Jo7muCezZ_Ln9-iAKKjpBmmmacwrJisqq2NrrOvm7FCtiy8n8BmwfPE9sbYz37QH9D10iHUfNWm2WHp1evu7DjsVe087w7vfO_r8B_xbPJB85v2SPxL

As always, any suggestions or tweaks are welcomed (if you do it nicely :))

Is it just me or are all jewel sockets empty on that link?
When do you recommend using Ice Nova, right from the beginning?
"
Nitrius wrote:

Is it just me or are all jewel sockets empty on that link?

I'm not sure how to add specific jewels to the tree - not that it would make much difference, I haven't had a chance to acquire enough jewels to make a decent post about it.

With jewels, you'll have to roll them yourself - no two jewels are likely to be the same. You want to emphasize cold and fire damage (preferably both on the same jewel if you can manage it), and cast speed will also help a LOT. This could also be a good source for increased mana regen, because I know that this build has some mana issues, but that's why I've been running a mana potion lately. The new Hallowed Mana flask that only uses 4 charges is just too insane.
"
ryanruiner wrote:
When do you recommend using Ice Nova, right from the beginning?

Yep. Ice Nova and Fire Trap is how I would level the build right from the get-go.
Hi, i'm very interested in this build.
Are you going to post some kind of videoguide or just a video gameplay?

Could be a good idea to set
Lightning Warp / Curse on Hit / flammability
instead of Warlord's mark?
With the new changes to mana and the Reduce Mana gem, wouldn't it be better to get rid of a few non-connective life and armor nodes and grab the whole Blood Magic segment?
Because i honestly don't see how you're supposed to run clarity+heralds and not either chug pots or wait for regen between every cast, w.mark or not.
Last edited by machopi on Jul 13, 2015, 1:15:25 PM
"
Gorthan87 wrote:
Hi, i'm very interested in this build.
Are you going to post some kind of videoguide or just a video gameplay?

Could be a good idea to set
Lightning Warp / Curse on Hit / flammability
instead of Warlord's mark?

There isn't going to be a video guide for the build. You'll have to try out flammability, but in my experience damage isn't the biggest drawback for this build - mana is. Keeping you casting your spells is the main reason for the warlord's mark.
"
machopi wrote:
With the new changes to mana and the Reduce Mana gem, wouldn't it be better to get rid of a few non-connective life and armor nodes and grab the whole Blood Magic segment?
Because i honestly don't see how you're supposed to run clarity+heralds and not either chug pots or wait for regen between every cast, w.mark or not.

I've done the build both with clarity+heralds and by using mana flasks. Realistically, with the new Hallowed Mana flask only consuming 4 charges per use, I can't imagine an easier way of solving every mana-related issue almost instantly.

You could run blood magic - it's significantly more attractive now that there are the life nodes behind it. Give it a shot and let me know how it works out for you :)
Hi, the build seems very unique! Do you think is possible switch ice nova with flame surge for single target damage since i feel that single target dps is a little bit too low :/
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info