Leveling gems at high level ?!

Hi guys,need a little help.

I've just leveled a few gems to level 20 and I made them 20q lvl 1 gems.The problem is that they are leveling extremely hard.I've played half of a 67 map ( it was reaaaaallly boring to snap LOTS of times to kill something i ordinarily one shot ) and tested many monster level areas to see where or how I get them fast experience since they are barely level 5.What should I do ? Would it be faster if I'll use them on a new character and then switch them back on? My damage now is like ..2k and it's taking years to kill shitty monsters that I zap in one hit normally ..it's REALLY annoying ..

Thanks
If you're a caster you should have a levelled backup gem before pulling that stunt. I suppose you could buy a level 18 gem or so cheaply.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 28, 2015, 11:26:07 AM
I didn't think it will take ages to level them ..I thought that I would pretty fast until level 16-17 ..taking in consider the high level experience they would get.I was wrong.Yeah ..maybe I should buy a few lvl 18 gems until I level those ..altough ..If I barely leveled them to 5 ..it will take ages to get to lvl 19-20.There is , of course , a question that is running through my head and might sound relatively legit.I'm probably taking a huge experience penalty ..won't they level faster later on when they're at a higher level?
Gems don't suffer the exp penalty from your characters level. Leveling gems to 16-17 is extremely fast, though requiring a decent clear speed on maps (which you seem to lack now).
"
Grughal wrote:
Gems don't suffer the exp penalty from your characters level. Leveling gems to 16-17 is extremely fast, though requiring a decent clear speed on maps (which you seem to lack now).

What would you suggest me to do ? I can't play maps now ..it's very boring to have such a low dps against high level monster level ..
Yep, back up gems

Use the q20 lvl1 gems on your switch weapons supported by enlighten.......
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
I only have a lvl 1 enlighten ..but I guess 25% inc xp gain is better than 0 ..since I don't wanna invest in a better one ..that's the whole point in which I leveled the gems to 20 and didn't buy 20/20 gems ..to save exalts ..thanks for the responses guys.
buy a lvl 18 non-quality gem for your main spell, use the low level quality supports and level your low level quality spell in your offhand. Gems in your unused second weapon set get xp too and i always use this to level 2-3 copies of my main skill to avoid the problem you are facing now.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
nbr wrote:
I only have a lvl 1 enlighten ..but I guess 25% inc xp gain is better than 0 ..since I don't wanna invest in a better one ..that's the whole point in which I leveled the gems to 20 and didn't buy 20/20 gems ..to save exalts ..thanks for the responses guys.
Don't use enlighten. It's only beneficial in a 6L +1 all gem item. In all other situations, you better of leveling 6 gems (and many of your main if possible, to corrupt them once 20/20) in two 3 sockets items on switch.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
nbr wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

What would you suggest me to do ? I can't play maps now ..it's very boring to have such a low dps against high level monster level ..

Grind Cruel Ledge, for example, (or any non-map area you'll be able to clear) till your gems will be level 10-12.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info