Reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes...???

Has anyone seen a confirmed GGG explanation on how this works?

As far as everything else in game, %less would be multiplicative, but the belt and tree node that have this stat say "% reduced extra damage". This states if I have 700% crit multi, and you have a 20% reduced node, I should be left with 680% multi against you. It seems to me either this is worded incorrectly or working incorrectly...
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
the block reduction gem is also "reduced". But it is multiplicative.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
I don't think block reduction gem is multiplicative actually, as seen on acrobatics, they use the "less chance to block" whereas gem says "reduced". They are different as gem can actually get you to 0% block chance AFAIK.
IGN - Xukai

Last edited by trav_dawg on Jan 26, 2015, 2:31:09 AM
"
trav_dawg wrote:
I don't think block reduction gem is multiplicative actually, as seen on acrobatics, they use the "less chance to block" whereas gem says "reduced". They are different as gem can actually get you to 0% block chance AFAIK.

Incorrect, the block chance reduction nodes and gem work multiplicatively despite saying "reduced." It's weird but it's been confirmed before.
That is ****ing retarded if that's true. The words were defined by GGG early on in open beta as to their meaning. But back to the original question about crit reduction?
IGN - Xukai

"
trav_dawg wrote:
That is ****ing retarded if that's true. The words were defined by GGG early on in open beta as to their meaning. But back to the original question about crit reduction?

I think crit reduction is the same as block chance reduction. From what I've seen, wearing Belt of the Deceiver or getting Unyielding on the tree noticeably decreases the damage taken from crit. So it's probably multiplicative.
Its obviously multiplicative and also barely does much. If you look at the wiki entry on this mechanic there's a formula. It won't do much in high level I've already tested it for several patches. Not to say its useless but it won't save you from getting 1shot or require anyone to hit you more to down you, in almost every scenario.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 26, 2015, 7:59:05 AM
Are people dumb? Bcr aint flat
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"

From precedence of wording, it should be flat.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
"

From precedence of wording, it should be flat.

It would be broken vs anyone without a dedicated block build if that was the case and make dodge worthless. Its not flat and this has been proven,discussed and confirmed by GGG regarding both the tree and gem.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info