GGG moderator trying to fix fuse prices on BL

"
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
This corrupt mod is getting sloppy and it is going to cost him, not only his fuses scam, but his job!

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

The "mods" (Support staff) in today's PoE are paid staff members. There was a time there were player moderators (what do you know, I used to be one!), but now it's just a tag.

Either way, if the mute was for posting the message twice instead of your name, I'm glad. Posting the message more than once (and getting away with it) is absolutely spam, and I hate when people do it.

Is posting a trade in chat twice that bad? I usually say it twice since its hard to notice it inbetween all of the trades involving links. My queries are usually really short though: "WTB Reduced Mana", then I'm probably silent for 30 seconds before trying again as I am busy slaying bad doods.
"
Cyanae wrote:
"
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
This corrupt mod is getting sloppy and it is going to cost him, not only his fuses scam, but his job!

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

The "mods" (Support staff) in today's PoE are paid staff members. There was a time there were player moderators (what do you know, I used to be one!), but now it's just a tag.

Either way, if the mute was for posting the message twice instead of your name, I'm glad. Posting the message more than once (and getting away with it) is absolutely spam, and I hate when people do it.

Is posting a trade in chat twice that bad? I usually say it twice since its hard to notice it inbetween all of the trades involving links. My queries are usually really short though: "WTB Reduced Mana", then I'm probably silent for 30 seconds before trying again as I am busy slaying bad doods.

He's a forum mod who uses EPIC reddit memes (unprofessional), what do you expect?
It is a self-defeating concept. You say you post twice so it doesn't get lost in the spam due to chat moving so quickly, yet it would not move so quickly if EVERYONE wasn't posting twice or more. As it is, the trade chat moves nearly twice as fast due to all of the multi-posters.

IMO, if your message is still visible in the trade window, it does not need to be posted again. For shorter messages (1 line), it's still incredibly irritating to see it twice in a row, but I will flat out report people who do it with a massive chunk of linked items. That crap is obnoxious.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
It is a self-defeating concept. You say you post twice so it doesn't get lost in the spam due to chat moving so quickly, yet it would not move so quickly if EVERYONE wasn't posting twice or more. As it is, the trade chat moves nearly twice as fast due to all of the multi-posters.

IMO, if your message is still visible in the trade window, it does not need to be posted again. For shorter messages (1 line), it's still incredibly irritating to see it twice in a row, but I will flat out report people who do it with a massive chunk of linked items. That crap is obnoxious.

Sounds like broken game design to me, If it's a problem it is a very easy fix. There is already a spam filter in place, and I am in no way bypassing it. So tell me is it really worth me getting muted for 24 hours?

And speaking of irritating your forum sig is just...
Last edited by BossOfThisGym on Jan 24, 2015, 6:26:57 PM
I want a rhoa in my sig..

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"

Sounds like broken game design to me, If it's a problem it is a very easy fix. There is already a spam filter in place, and I am in no way bypassing it. So tell me is it really worth me getting muted for 24 hours?

And speaking of irritating your forum sig is just...

You're right, it is easy to fix. Mutes work just fine. And as far as the duration goes, 24 hours is not typically a first time offense from what I have seen. From what you've said, this isn't the first time you've been muted.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
^ sounds about right.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
This thread is proof that existence outside of Wraeclast is unnecessary.
"
You're right, it is easy to fix. Mutes work just fine. And as far as the duration goes, 24 hours is not typically a first time offense from what I have seen. From what you've said, this isn't the first time you've been muted.

^Brought to you by GGG Internet Defense Force

Peace,

-H4NS
Last edited by H4NS on Jan 24, 2015, 6:50:21 PM
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
I've been muted 3 times for spamming the same message twice in a row in a trade, which in itself is absolutely preposterous. But looking deeper this ONLY happens if I am selling fuses at 2:1.

I cant prove it, but I am pretty sure a mod on BL is trying to bring fuses to 3:2, and hes muting people who would dare sell for less!!!

He hoarding thousands of fuses he bought for 2:1, and hes trying to bring the price up 50% by abusing his power.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I am going to suggest that you probably aren't as important as you think you are :)

Thanks for the thread, though - entertaining.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info