Suggestion : XP GAIN/LOSS || OFF / ON SWITCH

i had to reply to this quote
"
...and why would you start a map with XP off? You wouldn't, unless it had the worst possible mods for you. In which case, why should there even be any negative mods for a map if people can disable XP and not lose a thing for experimenting?

I didn't even read the rest of your post. Obviously you don't know what I'm saying if you are mentioning this. The point of turning the HP off, ISN'T to bypass the hard guys. Its so your friends can play hard maps with eachother and not worry about losing xp. They decide to turn it off when the map is made, and it stays until after the map.

I'm not talking about doing a map, then u see a hard pack and turn the xp off. Its for if a friend makes a RIP map, and u want to run it with them but know your going to die, so you turn the xp off for the map.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
levy42088 wrote:
"
...and why would you start a map with XP off? You wouldn't, unless it had the worst possible mods for you. In which case, why should there even be any negative mods for a map if people can disable XP and not lose a thing for experimenting?

I didn't even read the rest of your post. Obviously you don't know what I'm saying if you are mentioning this. The point of turning the HP off, ISN'T to bypass the hard guys. Its so your friends can play hard maps with eachother and not worry about losing xp. They decide to turn it off when the map is made, and it stays until after the map.

I'm not talking about doing a map, then u see a hard pack and turn the xp off. Its for if a friend makes a RIP map, and u want to run it with them but know your going to die, so you turn the xp off for the map.

if your friends wanna do a map they have to pay the XP price when they die, plain and simple. Or they lvl up before doing that map.
And im saying that they should not have to pay the price to play with a friend and test the waters.

Yes the idea needs some work, but the basis is there. Its a trade off. u dont get xp from a map, but u dont lose xp from the map
Standard League
"
levy42088 wrote:
And im saying that they should not have to pay the price to play with a friend and test the waters.

Yes the idea needs some work, but the basis is there. Its a trade off. u dont get xp from a map, but u dont lose xp from the map

They can lvl up, do the map and not lose XP. There, that solves the XP loss problem without this new "feature", besides, no arpg has a turn off XP gain option as far as i know and it would be silly if you could just stop XP gain when doing any mob or map and then afterwards go to some easy mob zones for XP farming.

That goes against the punishing nature of XP loss. The point of XP loss is that you do lose it, not that you can get around it somehow at will.

Besides, this is just like that hardcore league with multiple deaths suggestion, it wont see the light of day because its not fitting POE at all. POE is a hardcore game, in SC with the XP loss and in HC with its 1 death.

But you made the suggestion, GGG surely read it by now, you can hope for them to put it into the game.
i will continue to hope that this is implemented. The punishment would be thinking you can do the map, not turning the XP off, and then die because you were too cocky.
Standard League
I think the same thing specifically for the boss would be nice too, even if it meant the boss wouldn't drop any loot. At least you'd be able to get better against it by training, rather than stagnating because you don't ever see it by yourself.
exactly tremer :) thanks for backing me up this whole time.
Standard League
I support the idea. Wouldn't have many disadvantages and makes players more flexible.

I just suggest one change to make to make this a bit more exciting:

xp gain off; death penalty 1% instead of 10%. Then players still have incentives not to die but it would not that bad if.
"
levy42088 wrote:
"

No, it is you who isn't reading what I'm saying simply because you don't like how it'll work.

As I said, even if it is a one time thing like loot allocation, it defeats the purpose of having mods that are meant to be hard. Those mods are meant to give players a difficult time, and by giving them a difficult time a threat to them. That threat is losing experience. Remove that and those mods have no value.

And again, why would someone waste time playing a map they'd die in anyways, when they can play a map they'll gain experience in? You'll have plenty of time to test on hard maps when you're level 100.

"
LSN wrote:
I support the idea. Wouldn't have many disadvantages and makes players more flexible.

I just suggest one change to make to make this a bit more exciting:

xp gain off; death penalty 1% instead of 10%. Then players still have incentives not to die but it would not that bad if.

Just disable all experience and loot. My whole problem with this is you can still progress and abuse it.
Yes I see how this is abuseable while progressing on lower levels.

Tho, as the OP said, when you are at level 98,5 and want to run something like atziri or uber or a hard mod map you simply can/should not if you wanna continue to progress and do it reasonably. This limits high level charackters alot and only actually allows them to do stuff like this when being freshly leveled. This is a bit of a problem as levels can take quite a while up there. On the other hand every charackter that freshly leveled anyway got this feature for free.

So another restriction should be that you can only enable this from level 93/95+ and maybe activating it should cost 3-10 chaos orbs or smth. like that.
Last edited by LSN on Jan 26, 2015, 1:49:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info