Pvp Season 2 - Fresh Start?

I just wanted to make a post to address everyones concern pre-season1 that pvp on standard league was a problem because of the currency some people had available. TEMP LEAGUE ISN'T ANY DIFFERENT.

Some people farmed like mad, flipped currency, and have 100+ exalts by now.
Some people traded currency cross league.
Some people sold off alt art items from pvp season 1 on temp leagues from remove-only tabs.

Point being, everyone complaining about how inaccessible pvp was going to be, purely because it was on standard - you're all gonna be really surprised when it's also inaccessible here too.
My torment character is pretty much the same geared as standard. Didn't really farm, just got lucky on a few pieces. Got all my gear in the time it took me to get 3x 85s.

I really hope s2 has a massive damage decrease overall and really addresses some skills and setups. Hopefully we will see some map adjustments so the corner isn't as powerful for a couple builds as well.

It costed me about 6ex to make and trade for all of my gear. I only had one big sell in torment and that was a 6l for 4.5 ex.

Last edited by terrex on Jan 23, 2015, 4:38:02 PM
I got a few good finds of my own, I work a lot so I haven't had much time to finish a build, but I'm rocking these so far:

Welcome to accessible PVP
300 regals. That's all I'm going to say.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Yep. Pretty obvious it would turn in something like that. I dont have much time, so i still havent finished my test char yet, but u can pretty much guess how I will do in this season. Currency + build = 90% of the final result, if not more. No grind = no competition. Ppl should alreayd understand that.
S1 Europe LLD champion :)

"
Skyforth wrote:
300 regals. That's all I'm going to say.

23-26 ;D
The best part is that standard is actually probably the easiest platform to enter, considering there's many more decent LLD items on the market and people generally have more currency. pvp on temp league creates an even bigger gap than there was on standard.
Absolutly true, i think pvp in the new leagues will just cater to the guys that are farming/trading like 24/7 or people that are selling their rewards from previous seasons (am i guilty?) to get a lot of currency quick. Items are more accessible but for "normal" people that just want to test out pvp without putting too much effort in it won't be able to get much currency in such a short time.

Also we are dividing the already very small pvp community further, because most people won't have time to invest in chars in 4 different leagues (hc, standard, torment and bloodlines).

I hoped pvp would be about theory-crafting builds, trying to counter your opponent with different gear setups, perfecting your gear swaps ect..

Instead it seems to be designed as a race who can farm/trade the most currency in those few weeks of time.
"
Xorim wrote:
Absolutly true, i think pvp in the new leagues will just cater to the guys that are farming/trading like 24/7 or people that are selling their rewards from previous seasons (am i guilty?) to get a lot of currency quick. Items are more accessible but for "normal" people that just want to test out pvp without putting too much effort in it won't be able to get much currency in such a short time.

Also we are dividing the already very small pvp community further, because most people won't have time to invest in chars in 4 different leagues (hc, standard, torment and bloodlines).

I hoped pvp would be about theory-crafting builds, trying to counter your opponent with different gear setups, perfecting your gear swaps ect..

Instead it seems to be designed as a race who can farm/trade the most currency in those few weeks of time.

Honestly, I am trying to sell demis on bloodlines to fund my lld so I dont have to bother levelling or farming in the least. I never farmed on Torment to fund my llder, it just came together at an unreal smooth and fast pace.
I dont have time to play the new leagues right now, but all of my friends have been telling me that good/great lld items are pretty cheap right now.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info