With a little help from my friends ...

Actually you need to trade else your going to get yourself exhausted ;)

I played lazy since open beta, bets stuff i got was from some loterry or quitting gift.

Then this league I decided to discipline myself :

1- Opened a shop, selling gems for 5 alt at a good pace and other item quite cheap but they sell and income get in on top of farming and its easy to setup.

2- Chaos recipe , the bottleneck are ring and amulet of course , i identify only ring and amulet with perfect roll or the kind i need , if the roll is bad i sell for 1 chaos recipe otherwise i sell them for 2 chaos recipe (always alch and vaal jeweler box) last one net me 3 chaos with the recipe

3- Since i'm 80 i dont run 66 anymore so i started the chisel recipe and i put 20% quality now on all map map (74-75)

4- Also look at popular unique and collect white item of their base type and sell them, back in the day with soul taker i was selling 6 siege axe for 1 chaos (drop quite often)

5- Unless for achivement dont full clear maps (i mean kill most of you can but dont try to backtrack to kill one or two mob you see one screen away, waste of time)

I dont flip, I only sell and it tremendeously increased my gameplay experience.
"
ffogell wrote:

I played lazy since open beta, bets stuff i got was from some loterry or quitting gift.

1- Opened a shop, selling gems for 5 alt at a good pace and other item quite cheap but they sell and income get in on top of farming and its easy to setup.

2- Chaos recipe , the bottleneck are ring and amulet of course , i identify only ring and amulet with perfect roll or the kind i need , if the roll is bad i sell for 1 chaos recipe otherwise i sell them for 2 chaos recipe (always alch and vaal jeweler box) last one net me 3 chaos with the recipe

3- Since i'm 80 i dont run 66 anymore so i started the chisel recipe and i put 20% quality now on all map map (74-75)

4- Also look at popular unique and collect white item of their base type and sell them, back in the day with soul taker i was selling 6 siege axe for 1 chaos (drop quite often)

5- Unless for achivement dont full clear maps (i mean kill most of you can but dont try to backtrack to kill one or two mob you see one screen away, waste of time)

I do everything you said. Still I'm peasant in comparation with others... :-) (I don't want to sound like a complainer, I do everything possible to increase my wealth, but the greatest achievement I have is 6L Coil on Standard = 30 ex mayby? It's quite lame after two years of playing...
"
pajingtonn wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:

I do everything you said. Still I'm peasant in comparation with others... :-) (I don't want to sound like a complainer, I do everything possible to increase my wealth, but the greatest achievement I have is 6L Coil on Standard = 30 ex mayby? It's quite lame after two years of playing...

Yeah but from a casual that is quite good, i mean i play maybe max an hour per night :)

I also dream about shavronne and stuff like that :) but I'm realistic , i set my goal with the time i put in :) I also choose realistic build for my time frame like this league i play rf incinerator and i can say that build is a beast and its cheap :)
Two options for you:

1) Change your perceptions as to what "good" means and continue to play and enjoy the game as you have.

2) Change your play style to match your perception of "good" and possibly end up hating the game you created.

Up to you.
if you play less, more rng is your friend as it grants you occasional good drops others maybe play for 12h/day.

yes, the game is extremely unrewarding (especially with bad luck like you experienced) but that's what i love on this game and it's the reason i'm so exited for something valuable to drop. if i found a shavs every month, this would get boring pretty fast.

drop rates could be increased if devs were to integrate some solid item devaluation mechanisms (beside unavoidable power creep) or occasional resets but luckily they didn't jump on that train ... yet.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
pajingtonn wrote:
I'm okey with the concept of trading and I do trades, but when you want to sell something, you have to drop items first. At least valuable ones. It does not happen.

Now I definitely don't belong to the top 5% (probably not even the top 20), but your assumption is wrong. I usually sell a bunch of stuff starting at 1 alch (mostly gems) and 1-5c. Items worth more drop rarely. But even with only selling "low value" stuff and using the chaos recipe you can make some decent currency.

Edit: Any you don't need a 6L shavs an 100k DPS to enjoy the game and do high level maps ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jan 23, 2015, 9:05:19 AM
"
I definitely don't belong to the top 5% (probably not even the top 20)

doesnt have any sense, unless player base is around 100 users. I guess you wanted to say top20 %.

For the OP, this is grinding game, you need to grind fast and with some MF ( from your gear or from a culling friend ).
This way you will get tons of decent rares gear to sell, and sometimes, but not often, a good high tier unique.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jan 23, 2015, 9:15:15 AM
The game is based on grinding and trading, i know it sucks but thats GGGs idea of a fun and interesting way to spend your valuable private time in a game. Eat. Sleep. Trade. Grind. Repeat.

I dont see where the fun factor is in all this but to each their own. I rather go out and get a BJ than play POE, its that tragic that i dont get the orbs to even master craft which is the only true crafting in this game as it is because anything else is a gamble.

Imagine what POE could be like with balanced drop rates around trading AND non trading.
Sacrifice a lvl 60 hardcore guy to RNGesus and he shall bless thee
I dont see any any key!
I've played since Ambush till now 28ex 0 et 0 mirror

most value item : Soul taker / Kaom's heart(Chanced )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info