With a little help from my friends ...

Hello there!

At start of this thread I would like to say:

- I play since open beta (and I play as often as every one with a job, gf, dog, ...)
- most valuable drop item: Rise of phoenix
- drop: ex 5 / et 0 / mirror 0 since start

Is there any way to improve my chances to change my game experience from mid-end to high-end game with these kinds of drop? Or am I doomed to dance between falling sh.. from the sky forever?

I always tried to play my own builds which were designed with inspiration in successful ones. Tried to play melee, cause it's more "RPG" for me than everything else. I managed to balance defence / offence but it's still max mid-end game.

So there's my point to a general discussion:

1)
I think this game is the most RNG infuenced game I've played and for the casual players it's like stabbing them to their backs over and over again with every next map, ...

2)
Someone could say that we, casual players, do not deserve such a gift like a high-end game drop cause we don't play as often as fe. some streamer.

Daiblo II went through this shit very clever: they made system of Runes that allows you to make your own very specific unique. And they had set gear. SET GEAR. This is what I miss the most in this kind of game.

3)
As someone clever once said: Rich will be more rich, and poor will stay poor. This is current situation in game in standard and in torment too.
One T1 allows you to play high-end concept (high lvl maps) with a great efficiency that leads to another T1 drops. And you collect valuable gear and become person with great wealth.
Although if you are not lucky you stay peasant forever...

Final words:

I'm glad that you reached this part of my post because I would like to say two more things: I really like PoE, it's fine game with great mechanics, but I stop enjoying it with my drop situation over and over again. It's very demotivating game experience for me as a casual player.

English is not my native language so I would like to apologize if I made a mistake somewhere in post.
Your english rocks :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I also think the game is a bit too RNG based, and there should be more rewards for putting a lot of effort, but the devs don't see it that way
get rich or die grinding
IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
get rich or die grinding

This should be the official PoE motto.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
get rich or die grinding

Nah it should be, get rich or strike dirt.

@op, there is very little left to say sir, are you doing the chaos recipe? Got a shop with okay prices? Trading up currency?

If you spend enough time on the game eventually you drop some stuff, maybe it's not all T1 etc, but you can manage to sell t2 and t3 drops for a little bit and trade all of that up. If you can't sell big ticket items, then sell low-end stuff in bulk, it has the same result just requires more work.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
get rich or die grinding

Nah it should be, get rich or strike dirt.

@op, there is very little left to say sir, are you doing the chaos recipe? Got a shop with okay prices? Trading up currency?

If you spend enough time on the game eventually you drop some stuff, maybe it's not all T1 etc, but you can manage to sell t2 and t3 drops for a little bit and trade all of that up. If you can't sell big ticket items, then sell low-end stuff in bulk, it has the same result just requires more work.

Peace,

-Boem-
I'm okey with the concept of trading and I do trades, but when you want to sell something, you have to drop items first. At least valuable ones. It does not happen.
It would be great to see something like Runes in this game. To make your own "unique".

F.E.

4-linked gloves with (R-R-G-B) white:

Red: Tar (HP + xx)
Red: Fury (x% atk speed)
Green: Far (xx + dexterity)
Blue: Eon (x% to cold resist)

TarFuryFarEon = "Hands of Justice"

+ dex
+ HP
+ atk. speed
+ 1 or 2 kinds of resistance
+ life leech %
- mana reg %

Also gloves after filling runes to holes take a bonus from runes, runes are destroyed and you have gloves with the same color holes prepared for use.

It would be so great and also one step closer to better craft and less RNG in game! :-)
This thread turned into a suggestion really fast...
"
Hello there!

At start of this thread I would like to say:

- I play since open beta (and I play as often as every one with a job, gf, dog, ...)
- most valuable drop item: Rise of phoenix
- drop: ex 5 / et 0 / mirror 0 since start

Is there any way to improve my chances to change my game experience from mid-end to high-end game with these kinds of drop? Or am I doomed to dance between falling sh.. from the sky forever?

I always tried to play my own builds which were designed with inspiration in successful ones. Tried to play melee, cause it's more "RPG" for me than everything else. I managed to balance defence / offence but it's still max mid-end game.

So there's my point to a general discussion:

1)
I think this game is the most RNG infuenced game I've played and for the casual players it's like stabbing them to their backs over and over again with every next map, ...

2)
Someone could say that we, casual players, do not deserve such a gift like a high-end game drop cause we don't play as often as fe. some streamer.

Daiblo II went through this shit very clever: they made system of Runes that allows you to make your own very specific unique. And they had set gear. SET GEAR. This is what I miss the most in this kind of game.

3)
As someone clever once said: Rich will be more rich, and poor will stay poor. This is current situation in game in standard and in torment too.
One T1 allows you to play high-end concept (high lvl maps) with a great efficiency that leads to another T1 drops. And you collect valuable gear and become person with great wealth.
Although if you are not lucky you stay peasant forever...

Final words:

I'm glad that you reached this part of my post because I would like to say two more things: I really like PoE, it's fine game with great mechanics, but I stop enjoying it with my drop situation over and over again. It's very demotivating game experience for me as a casual player.

English is not my native language so I would like to apologize if I made a mistake somewhere in post.

+200000000

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info