Looking for help to improve LL mjolner build

I've recently switched my scion from a 5.5k Life build to Low life as I managed to save up to a shav's.
Having read all the LL mjolner builds, crit and RT alike, I made the switch.

Now I have 6,5k ES but I find my survivability severely lacking so I was wondering if I was doing something wrong and if so, if someone could point me in the right direction.
Specially physical damage hurts alot and I have problems leeching on a single target, if I try to lightning strike some rares they can end up killing me simply because I cannot get enough procs so I have to step back and switch in molten strike.

Gear

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Jan 22, 2015, 3:35:48 PM
IMO you're sort of attempting what should be a standard league build in a temp league, and that's your problem. You really ought to have a Voll's Devotion, since that gives you essentially physical immunity combined with CWDT+IC+increased duration.

If you can get one at a fair price, that's your most immediate need IMO. You might also want to consider trying to spec into RT if you're having issues with Mjolner proccing.

I also see a level 21 purity of lightning in there but it's not linked to empower. You need to get it to level 23 via empower to get the extra max resist.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 22, 2015, 9:11:00 PM
All the point the previous sir made are valid and strong.

I'm playing a life base mjolner build, one of my teammates is trying the low life one.

My damage and survivability are much better, despite me having 4500 life and him 6500 es.
Volls devotion is just too big a miss for the low life version.

What u should aim for in torment, since u began making the build, is get ur hands on a pair of rainbowstride +1, it does wonders with empower plus auras. Plus it is way cheaper than in standard, making it also a good investment

But if volls devotion isn't out of the question for u in torment then yea u should aim for that.

No need to worry nevertheless, u got a shavvs for half the price it is sold in standard.

Oh and since ur playing rumi's and actually care about block chance, try rathpith globe plus stone of lashwar to have better spell block, it might actually do the job for u.

Get the extra strength you are missing from the skill tree if that is a problem after ditching ur old ammy (which is pretty crappy to begin with)

For atziri farming i recommend saffels frame in that case, makes is pretty easy if u do it a few times and get the hang of it

Been farming the bitch for days, my currency is flourishing and i am happy :)))))
The necklace, and I agree it's crappy, was picked to prepare getting Voll's, it was gonna be my next upgrade. I however didn't realise it would be this important and I spent all my farmed currency on shav's since I got one cheap.

Empower for purities is a very good idea and one that I originally wanted to use in for example a vertex. But I didn't have the sockets available for it. 4L for cwdt, 2 4L auras and a 3L leap slam, bloodrage, enhance. I could in essence drop enhance and leap slam if it would really help so much.

Not being able to get enough procs is a problem of lightning strike vs a single target. While I was life based I had belly of the beast, a str dex armour. That was easy to 5L with 3 red 2 green so I could link both molten strike and lightning strike to the full links. Shav's is not so easy to 5 off, even 4 off cost me plenty so I have to switch them manually, which is a hassle.
Though I find it weird that I cannot outleech a reflect map unless I use a topaz flask.

And I thought CwdT, Ec, inc dur, IC would manage to do a better job than this. I can still farm with this though but I'll have to bite through dying and not levelling then, and no atziri probably.
Mayby switch back to life but I'd cost me another 70 regrets which I don't have currently, oh well, I thought I had escaped docks farming but I guess I'm going back to corrupted zones farming.

Offgems

Thanks for the advice, I guess I got a bit blinded by the 'equip shav's, you've now won the game' idealogy.

Last edited by GilgameshNL on Jan 23, 2015, 2:28:21 AM
Get Voll's Devotion and then see how you like the build. I think a lot of people look at Voll's as if it were primarily a boost to the offensive side of things (since you can discharge endurance chrages), but in fact it's really a defensive tool and enables you to survive physical damage. CWDT+EC+IC+ID is not enough by itself to let you survive physical damage because you basically have no armor, no evasion, minimal block, and no dodge. It's 100% dependent on Voll's Devotion + CWDT/IC/ID to deal with physical damage.

You lack links because your Shavs isn't 6L :\

I don't use a move skill (leap slam) on my rainbownuke build; 30% move speed + a quicksilver flask is plenty

Don't forget that you can (and often should) manually swap out Lightning Strike for Molten Strike against single targets - you get a LOT more procs.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 23, 2015, 5:42:26 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:

Don't forget that you can (and often should) manually swap out Lightning Strike for Molten Strike against single targets - you get a LOT more procs.

How do you do it without wasting a few seconds of getting bashed in the face? :P

And yea, I understood how good voll's was but not how bad cwdt EC IC was without armour. I went from 30% migation to 7 so I understand what you mean and what I did wrong.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Jan 23, 2015, 5:46:12 AM
"
GilgameshNL wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

How do you do it without wasting a few seconds of getting bashed in the face? :P

And yea, I understood how good voll's was but not how bad cwdt EC IC was without armour. I went from 30% migation to 7 so I understand what you mean and what I did wrong.

Well, eventually this build will become powerful enough that you won't have to swap out for rares, and you can do it preemptively against bosses.

When I was just starting out with my variant of the build and often had trouble with some rares, I made a practice of popping a quicksilver flask, running away a screen or two, swapping in molten strike, then returning to finish off the mob.

I also wound up adding Vaal Discipline to my gem setup so that if I was worried I would get killed (or almost killed) during the delay between attacking with molten strike and the projectiles actually hitting, I could just use Vaal Discipline and be basically immune.

You will notice a fairly big difference on this build once your Arc/Discharge gems are 20/20 as well.

One other option to consider which may help survivability would be to pick up Zealot's Oath and run Vitality with your setup.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 23, 2015, 6:05:02 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:

When I was just starting out with my variant of the build and often had trouble with some rares, I made a practice of popping a quicksilver flask, running away a screen or two, swapping in molten strike, then returning to finish off the mob.

I also wound up adding Vaal Discipline to my gem setup so that if I was worried I would get killed (or almost killed) during the delay between attacking with molten strike and the projectiles actually hitting, I could just use Vaal Discipline and be basically immune.

You will notice a fairly big difference on this build once your Arc/Discharge gems are 20/20 as well.

Yea I do that now too, step back, swap from inventory, bash on. Using molten strike all the time left me even MORE vulnerable too melee.
I'm gonna get to saving voll's but mayby that'll have to wait till standard, same for 6L'ing, thanks again!
"
GilgameshNL wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

Yea I do that now too, step back, swap from inventory, bash on. Using molten strike all the time left me even MORE vulnerable too melee.
I'm gonna get to saving voll's but mayby that'll have to wait till standard, same for 6L'ing, thanks again!

Consider adding Vaal Discipline to your build in place of Elemental Weakness. Also, I doubt you'll have so many issues with most rares once your arc/diacharge are 20/20.

Also consider swapping out Haste for Vitality with ZO at some point; Vitality is the more significant aura for this build IMO.

For reference, here's my gear so that you can see how I set up my gems. Don't worry about comparing your gear to mine - I'm in standard and my gear is close to BiS for this build - but I do a few things differently with gem setup that I found to work quite well.

Spoiler
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 23, 2015, 6:07:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info