Diamond uniques will dilute the item pool too much

"
I have to strongly disagree with that latest statement. Unique fishing rods would be highly missed by a part of the community (much more so than many more useful uniques).

No, only GGG and GGG's buttbuddies would miss them. I know it to be one of the following two cases:

1. A bullshit lie created by GGG, part or whole, and a very small but select elite player base that get little snickers by mentioning it and putting teasers in videos.

or

2. A half bullshit lie created by GGG, part or whole, and a very small but select elite player base that get bonuses from their fishing rods and only they know how to use it. In the end, this is the best way to do something, be it acquiring currency, drops, or whatever.

Either way, it's something that only a few people know and it's a well kept secret or lie. And as far as I'm concerned it just puts a big hole between those who know it and those who don't.
Well, in the post I was referring to, you called the OP basically "entitled" and "ignorant".
How about just explaining why these trash uniques are in the game without insulting the OP?
As in: "People paid for these uniques, so they'll stay in" without the insults, or maybe even give examples of strong community-uniques and compare them to weak GGG vendor trash. Be constructive.
You reap what you sow, Charan, and by posting passive aggressive posts, you just encourage me to jump into the fray and fling some passive aggressive poo right back at you.

"
The level of entitlement here is amazing.

It's a passive aggressive insult.

"
"Please give me the option to remove certain uniques from the game, specifically the ones that made the game possible."

You imply that everyone knows these uniques are financially important for GGG.
Many don't know that.
Furthermore, none (but the OP) until your post even mentioned cutting existing uniques from the game.
It was more like "Maybe GGG should take it down a notch", underlined by a fear that someday, PoE will be so cluttered with these uniques without any use, which will (if I'm not mistaking) make the prices for the actually good uniques (by general consensus) explode because they become even rarer.
The OP used unlucky wording, I admit that, but
"
So. Ignorant.

Makes you sound like a Diva. Eat a Snickers.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
Last edited by Obliviongamer91 on Jan 24, 2015, 7:44:19 PM
That is because GGG turn down all the fun and interesting unique ideas.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Natharias wrote:

I will agree a very small handful of uniques wouldn't be missed, like that of Geofri's Baptism, Wake of Destruction, Veil of the Night, and of course fishing rods.

I used to think that way until you actually find it for a build you need.

This carried me to around 60ish on my static striker who I planned to do 2H RT Axe with but was so good. It even dropped for me and the excitement was real this time even though it was not godly. So to say it wouldn't be missed is not true. Would I have preferred a windripper? mjolnir? sure but I use what i get until something like comes along...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

I will agree a very small handful of uniques wouldn't be missed, like that of Geofri's Baptism, Wake of Destruction, Veil of the Night, and of course fishing rods.

This carried me to around 60ish on my static striker who I planned to do 2H RT Axe with but was so good. It even dropped for me and the excitement was real this time even though it was not godly. So to say it wouldn't be missed is not true. Would I have preferred a windripper? mjolnir? sure but I use what i get until something like comes along...

The thing is that Hrimnor's Hymn does 67.5-94.5 average damage every 1.25 seconds. But it gives 5% leech, increases your chance to stun, increases stun duration by up to half again, and can still crit.

Geofri's Baptism does 126-189 every 1.1 seconds, but removes all crit chance. It lacks inherent leech and only gives some reduced stun threshold.

Hrimnor's Hymn can be used at 17, and Geofri's at 27.

Looking at a Fright Maul, you can easily get a 90% phys roll and attack speed, which seems like it'll do slightly more than Geofri's Baptism. Yeah it'll take some alts, but with crafting it has become much, much easier to do that. Geofri's Baptism has no value.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

The thing is that Hrimnor's Hymn does 67.5-94.5 average damage every 1.25 seconds. But it gives 5% leech, increases your chance to stun, increases stun duration by up to half again, and can still crit.

Geofri's Baptism does 126-189 every 1.1 seconds, but removes all crit chance. It lacks inherent leech and only gives some reduced stun threshold.

Hrimnor's Hymn can be used at 17, and Geofri's at 27.

Looking at a Fright Maul, you can easily get a 90% phys roll and attack speed, which seems like it'll do slightly more than Geofri's Baptism. Yeah it'll take some alts, but with crafting it has become much, much easier to do that. Geofri's Baptism has no value.

Its about diversity. Do you want to use the same weapon on every char just because it deals the most damage? I dont. I go for what feels right for my build and i go for diversity 100%. If you use the same unique all the time it makes that unique boring. Try a new one even if the damage is lower. Its more challenging that way too.
"

Its about diversity. Do you want to use the same weapon on every char just because it deals the most damage? I dont. I go for what feels right for my build and i go for diversity 100%. If you use the same unique all the time it makes that unique boring. Try a new one even if the damage is lower. Its more challenging that way too.

You get progressively more arse-backwards with every post. Stop it! STOP IT!

There is so much wrong with this explaination, I don't have enough characters to explain why it is so catastrophically incorrect.

Just no.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Don't argue with Dirk.
It's as productive as banging your head against a brick wall.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
"
Don't argue with Dirk.
It's as productive as banging your head against a brick wall.

Yeah, its a shame people have a different opinion. Its an internet wide disease, everyone wants to push their opinion on others but they are unwilling to accept they might be wrong.

Besides, other than being antagonistic, what did your post say about this topic? Oh, wait, thats right, you were derailing this thread on purpose because youre just a troll.
"
LostKavi wrote:
"

You get progressively more arse-backwards with every post. Stop it! STOP IT!

There is so much wrong with this explaination, I don't have enough characters to explain why it is so catastrophically incorrect.

Just no.

And you waste my precious time responding to such a nonsense post because my opinion stands, i play with what i like and how i like it. You go for the most dps like all 12 year old WoW players, have your fun, but dont ruin mine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info