[1.3] Chaotic Incinerator - Witch life based incinerator (With Video Guide!)

Hello, and welcome to my very first build guide to a pretty good Incinerate build!

As a little introduction and backstory, i typically made this build because i found a lvl 1 18% quality incinerate gem, and i thought it would be pretty cool to make a build, instead of following someone else's...

I'm a rookie when it comes to builds, so, pls be gentle ;)

Basis of the build
So, the basis of the build is, to basically burn everything before you, incinerate does a great job burning stuff, it literally incinerates the enemies... heh.

As you might, or might have not known, Incinerate has 3 stages, and each stage has 100% increased spell damage, so, the main dps boost for this build is cast speed. As you can see below (Skill tree section) i have put quite an emphasis on Cast speed nodes.

Leveling Guide
Alright so, levelling this character was pretty easy... basically, i leveled with tendrils/Flameblast until 24, then i used Reverberation Wand in a 3L being (Incinerate, LMP, Life leech) which basically carried me all the way to merciless (That wand is so freaking good >_>), then i leveled in ledge until i could use my infernal mantle, and boom, maps ezmode!

^ These were my main levelling items from start to mid... then to finish.

Skill tree - In order of progression

Points 1-19
As you can see, i have travelled up the cast speed AND spell damage nodes, i have taken "Fire walker" for added fire damage, and then travelled upwards and grabbed the "Cruel Preparation" notable. The added intel node is to assist with easier pathing.

Points 20-39
I have traveled to "Heart and soul", and have taken "Deep Wisdom" as well, Then, we grab our first non-starter cast speed nodes "Nimbleness" which gives us a lovely 12% cast speed :D

Points 40-59
I have traveled down towards "Mental Rapidity" Which is also another 12% Cast speed, then i have gone across to "Quick Recovery" and get some nice life, Then, i have traveled left from the top, and focused on the "Purity of flesh" Notable, because life is important! and then grabbed sovereignty so i can use Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder.

Points 60-79
I have gone down towards the Templar Start to grab "Devotion", traveled shortly to "Elementalist", gone down and around to "Discipline and Training", up to "Retribution" and then took the 3 x 10% spell dmg nodes, Lastly, i went from the "Elementalist" Nodes, up to "Light and Divinity" for a nice cast speed and spell dmg buff!

Points 80-99
I have now gone down to the Shadow start, taken the "Eldrich Battery" Keystone beforehand, so we can get that yummy mana plus natural regen :D! Then to "Written In Blood", Down to "Coldhearted Calculation", left to the "Blaze" notable (Theres a weed joke coming... isnt there?) then to "Trickery", down to "Blood Siphon" then finally "Coordination"... OH and don't forget the 3 x 4% cast speed nodes... so much cast speed this part!

Points 100-117
The final part of the skill tree! what a journey (if you have been following, if you've been just looking through the skill tree progression, then, damn >_>) We take our final stretch, we take off where we well... stopped :P Take sniper for the projectile speed/damage, yes, Incinerate is projectile based, and yes, faster incinerate projectiles mean further distance!, We go down from the midway travel between witch > Shadow, and take "Harrier" Then "Hired Killer", oh, and don't forget to take the reserved mana node up near CI!

^(Update) I have noticed that this build lacks a bit of life, considering that Infernal Mantle takes up space for 100 life from rare chests, so, to compensate, we follow the path In between Quick Recovery and Mental Rapidity, and go down to Shapers, then down to Constitution near the Scion life wheel, Also, take out the lower elemental node from "elementalist" cluster, and all of the hired killer cluster, to assist in the pathing/travelling to constitution, you should have 2 points left, just take the 2 6% spell damage nodes at scion start, should give you a fair amount of life, i have also taken out Soveiregnty because we wont be running more then 1 aura at once, which will mean, more points allocated, this is why we had to take Shapers node, to assist with the mana regen when it came to casting in a 6L, and arctic armour. OH and dont forget to take Inner Force while heading towards Shaper, that buff helps alot!

The final tree should look like THIS

Guys, guess what? thats it, i tried to put as much detail and progression as possible, i hope its enough, maybe too much, *shrugs*

Now, gear... it can be expensive, but there are alternatives!

My Current Gear - (Not Optimized)

5L Infernal is optional, you can always use a 4L with (Incinerate, Greater multiple projectiles, Spell echo, and Life leech) You will of course, miss out on a fair bit of damage due to Added Chaos Damage.

Apep's is probably wanted, because, lovely chaos damage... but, if you cant afford, use a wand with some cast speed, spell damage, and fire damage if possible... Or, if you have an atziri farmer, go for catalyst ;)

Rathpith is a defensive/offensive shield, with 10% life, which is huge, thats like, 2 life nodes or something!

Rainbowstriders are optional, but they were the only boots i had that would suit this build somewhat, you can replace it with anything you desire :D

Doryani's invitation is a great belt, it has strong fire damage, nice resists, and fire leech, which means, you can eventually take out Life leech gem, and replace it with Fire penetration!

And ofcourse, Infernal Mantle, the troll drop, +1 fire gems, awesome stuff! like, really awesome, imagine vaaling a gem, getting 21/20, then putting it in that bad boy, BOOM, 22/20! It's generally cheap to get, and a 5L is 3 ex approx on standard. Better get to it!

Bandits are basically, Oak, Alira, All (All meaning, kill all)

Gem links

4L > Incinerate, Spell echo, Life leech, GMP/LMP
5L > Incinerate, Spell echo, Life leech, GMP/LMP, Added chaos damage
6L > Incinerate, Spell echo, Life leech, GMP/LMP, Added chaos damage, faster casting/fire penetration (Depending on how lucky you feel with colours)

Mind you, i have flame blast for the lols, its not needed.

Auras are, Herald of Ice, Clarity, Haste (Optional). Reduced mana

Tempest Shield can be a standalone gem, As it will assist with block :)

Herald of Thunder can cause alot of shock, and the cast speed of our Incinerate will shock enemies faster, causing HoT to curse enemies.

Normal CWDT setup (CWDT, immortal call, enduring cry, and increased duration)

Lightning warp with reduced duration and faster casting is preferred :)

And lastly, Arctic Armour, dont worry about reflect packs with this lovely skill!

Offensive/Defensive Sheets

Updated

I will be doing a final screenshot once i reach approximately level 85 (when i start atziri farming/testing) which will have a video included.

I know it seems the updated parts (especially near the skill tree) seem really rushed, i was trying to get it updated asap... so, if you have trouble following, please, let me know.

Yes, i am running a 6l now :)

Videos coming soon (Without commentary, im pretty shy... maybe with commentary, idk yet D: )

Please, leave feedback, this is my first build guide ever, tell me how i went!

Questions can be asked below, or via inbox or ingame @ Sizzle_and_Pop

Video Guide Here
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Jan 29, 2015, 11:39:54 AM
up

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
up

"
Nahkalaukku wrote:

i guess, but everyones got a different opinion.

up

"
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:

wow someone helped you shave off a few points on the tree and this is all he gets
"
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:

Yes yes, but this isnt a matter of opinion. You can also save 1 more point (and even gain 6% increased aura effects) by respecing points from Influence to Leadership.
"

Apep's is probably wanted, because, lovely chaos damage... but, if you cant afford, use a wand with some cast speed, spell damage, and fire damage if possible... Or, if you have an atziri farmer, go for catalyst ;)

Imo projectile speed would be a more desireable mod on a rare wand especially when using added chaos damage support that won't benefit from elemental increases.

"

Auras are, Herald of Ice, Clarity, Hatred (I have wrath for some reason), Reduced mana

Wrath? Hatred? You are neither using an attack nor dealing physical damage. Why do you run them?
If you are running only 2 heralds + clarity you don't need the reduced mana nodes in the tree. That's 7 points you don't need to spend.

"

Herald of Thunder can cause alot of shock, despite the damage from incinerate being crazy fire, so, basically, Herald of thunder, curse on hit, and flammability... Wanna know a gorgeous thing about this? It works in synergy with Tempest shield, because, lightning damage when block causes Herald of Thunder to go all pew pew and curse them enemies!

Actually there is (almost) no synergy between tempest shield and HoT. With 29% block chance, 6% base crit and 5% chance to shock from the tree tempest shield will only shock enemies on ~3% of the hits you receive (enemies which you then will have to kill to proc HoT).
Instead HoT procs because of the added lightning portion of incinerate. Due to the high cast rate one can reliably shock and kill shocked enemies. At least at lower map levels.

I'm a bit sceptical that the added lightning is sufficient to make it past the shock threshold versus mobs in high map levels (needs testing though).
\

Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Jan 22, 2015, 9:18:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info