Hmm

Fucking ridiculous that this gets Name&Shamed.

Completely contrary to the entire point of the policy which is to protect the possibly innocent against unprovable accusations.

These are people that were publicly punished by GGG, but somehow we can't speak their names.

Fuck that. Every one of the 3912 that were "warned" should have their names in public view so that everyone can ostracize them to their own desire and ability. God knows I don't want to trade or party with cheating scumbags.
Name them,shame them,shave them.

On the other hand having a dedicated thread to name and shame is equally bad for the game,for this create an illusion that game is easily hackable,thus more idiots try it.

Trust me,i've seen games do that banwaves and the list of names didnt get smaller by time.

Silent flags and bans are way more gruesome.
Bye bye desync!
Lmao this is precisely what GGG doesn't want the forum to become. A zoo full of bored commoners with their desire to spew any form of negativity. Why shame people? They got a warning, if they continue to use hacks behind the curtain, they will get banned.

GGG decides what needs to be done.

Stop trying to apply the laws of the jungle. Behave yourselves.
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 21, 2015, 1:00:37 AM
"
No, I don't think GGG should name and shame the guilty, but neither should they apply the same level of protection created specifically for those who have not been proven guilty.

Simple, really.

PS did you really call me a commoner?! Ha.

You're one of us unwashed masses! And I agree with you. A thread to name and shame all 3900 would be bad. A lot of them may have used the software with the best intentions(but lets not get into that argument). However, when they have been publicly ostracised by GGG, there is no reason to hide their identity when it is easily figurable out by public ladders GGG themselves publish.

I think the way GGG have dealt a warning. Call it an 'amnesty' before the bannings. I think it was probable the best way they could go. However, when people are publicly ousted by GGG, they shouldn't be offered the anonymity that the N+S policy supplies. It is there to help the 'innocent until proven guilty - and these people my friends - are guilty'

/Mark
"
gtrans wrote:
Why shame people? They got a warning, if they continue to use hacks behind the curtain, they will get banned.

GGG decides what needs to be done.

GGG is benevolent enough to decide that these cheaters should not be banned, despite it clearly being a ToS violation and clearly being bannable.

That does not mean that GGG has the power to decide how individual players are allowed to feel about other (cheating) players.

As for taking action against people "naming and shaming", that moderation rule was created for two reasons:
- To protect the innocent against libel
- To save work for moderators and support staff by avoiding having to track down and verify proof

These are names that are: 1) Not innocent/the claims are not libel, and 2) Proven directly by GGG by punishing them publicly.

---

Separately, I personally feel that the whole list should be published (or at least given on request), but that's because I don't want to associate with people who are actively damaging the game nor do I want to deal in ill-gotten gains.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Four of the top 21 racers in the Season 10 ladder were NOT listed in Chris' Top 20. It is clear those four (you can sort out who, exactly) were disqualified for cheating. I also had a hunch that that was also why the Signature Race ladders weren't available until after season's end. =^[.]^=

Correct, to save people time comparing the lists

[Removed by Support]

So, even connecting the dots with information publicly provided by GGG, it's "Name & Shame."

Huh. =0[.]o=

Yeah it's pretty sad, anyone can check the 2 lists provided by GGG to see who cheated in the top 20.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info