To buy or not to buy. Help me decide.

So I have pretty much perfected my gear on my 90 Mara on Torment as far as Aromr and Jewlery goes.

I am still using Kaoms Primacy as Weapon. Does its work, can farm Atziri np. I don't need any attackspeed for cyclone, so my upgrade options on Kaoms primacy are small form the getgo (220% max phys increas possible on Kaom, also Culling for bosses is WTFBBQ awesome).

My Kaoms Primacy

So there is a Karui Chopper up there on Torment with those stats:
  • 216% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 25-46 Physical Damage
  • +264 to Accuracy Rating
  • 14% increased Attack Speed

Has 3 prefix rolls and 1 acc suffix. All I'd need is to add Weaponrange (and get rid of attspd).
216 out of 249 for perf.
25-46 (T3) of possible (T1) Flaring
Accurancy if I specc out of RT against reflect (not needed though)

Comparing this to my kaoms: 410 av. Dmg Kaoms - 537 av. Dmg Rare; 30% Dmg increase.

Now this thing would cost me 20 ex. Fine price for it I guess. Now my question is: Is it worth it. I want to try Uber with my mara soon. I'm sure a upgrade like this would make it easier.

I know 20 Ex cannot craft that kind of stats without getting superlucky. crafting a perfect 3x T1 PREFIX (since I dont need any suffix spezifically, although id want chaos res and strenght if I could choose, and add 2 weapon range per Vagan).

Now, should I get this axe or should I take my 20 Ex and try myself to craft up to 3x T1 (although I think I'd need at least 200 ex to do that).

Anyone experienced with crafting at this rate?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Jan 12, 2015, 7:31:42 AM
NVM. Bought it, there wasnt a Karui Chopper up taht good on standart even. WTF. Saving up 500 ex to craft one now. (ha-ha)

Sorry, what? You think attack speed isn't important for dps on Cyclone?

Just look at pure DPS. You spin relative to your attack speed, you attack relative to your average damage. With that in mind, Atziri's Disfavour has way more DPS than either of your axes, +2 base weapon range (that's _huge_ on cyclone; I assume the only reason you're dead-set on an axe is for weapon range)... the one downside is no accuracy bonus (oh no, -200 accuracy, where ever can you find a replacement OH RIGHT ANYWHERE, and also accuracy is widely regarded as less important for cyclone). And the cheapest one in Torment is like a third the price you paid for that shit axe.

The reason no one is crafting an incredible karui chopper in standard is because disfavour is already the best axe for cyclone that one can imagine.

(just move your CwDT to some other piece of gear. Then you can make disfavour a 6L and have crazy shenanigans with your +2 to support gem bonus)
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 12, 2015, 10:55:46 AM
"
Sorry, what? You think attack speed isn't important for dps on Cyclone?

Just look at pure DPS. You spin relative to your attack speed, you attack relative to your average damage. With that in mind, Atziri's Disfavour has way more DPS than either of your axes, +2 base weapon range (that's _huge_ on cyclone; I assume the only reason you're dead-set on an axe is for weapon range)... the one downside is no accuracy bonus (oh no, -200 accuracy, where ever can you find a replacement OH RIGHT ANYWHERE, and also accuracy is widely regarded as less important for cyclone). And the cheapest one in Torment is like a third the price you paid for that shit axe.

The reason no one is crafting an incredible karui chopper in standard is because disfavour is already the best axe for cyclone that one can imagine.

(just move your CwDT to some other piece of gear. Then you can make disfavour a 6L and have crazy shenanigans with your +2 to support gem bonus)

You, Sir, have no Idea how Cyclone works and should maybe read my guide.

E: Let me rephrase. Scaling Cyclone per attackspeed is an option and should be use in some builds (COC builds mostly). There are other and IMO better options to scale the hits/second of Cyclone though.

Last edited by Vincendra on Jan 12, 2015, 11:44:58 AM
Why should he read your guide? He is right about Atziri's Disfavour.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
rockmassif wrote:
Why should he read your guide? He is right about Atziri's Disfavour.

No.

He's right about attack speed being a poor way to scale cyclone damage, though disfavor is still a tough contender to beat in the 2h axe department IMO. Little confused as to why you didn't at least give it a shot before dropping 20ex.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
He's right about attack speed being a poor way to scale cyclone damage, though disfavor is still a tough contender to beat in the 2h axe department IMO. Little confused as to why you didn't at least give it a shot before dropping 20ex.

Because the base damage (and that is all that counts if you scale cyclone per casting it several times per second) is nearly the same as from a Kaoms Primacy.

Kaoms has Culling, Disfavor has +2 Range and Bleeding (and 4%more dmg and 2% increased AOE from Support gems and maybe 40% increased AOE via corrupted enhance. Id rather use WED anyways. Would be the ONLY reason for me to use Disfavour, and a lvl 4 enhance costs as much as my axe now did).

Disfavor would be a minimal DPS increase. The axe I bought now was a 30% DPS increase.

324 - 508, 416 Avrg Kaoms (5C for perfect roll on Torment )

378 - 505, 441 Avrg Disfavour (8EX, unID on Torment )

410 - 665, 537 Avrg Rare (20 Ex, no comparable Karui Chopper on Standard even.)

Last edited by Vincendra on Jan 12, 2015, 1:01:41 PM
The only thing that makes disfavour huge for cyclone is the increased range.

Attack speed is a lot less important for cyclone than move speed, especially as you are likely to change the direction and begin a new attack before your second attack in the same spin(that is, if you are using cyclone properly). Cyclone now does an instantaneous pulse of damage the very instant you begin a spin, or change direction, which makes attack speed inferior to move speed for the most part(for those that did not know or haven't yet tested).

Nevertheless, I would still get a disfavour for cyclone, just because. It's far too awesome a weapon to pass up.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
The only thing that makes disfavour huge for cyclone is the increased range.

Attack speed is a lot less important for cyclone than move speed, especially as you are likely to change the direction and begin a new attack before your second attack in the same spin(that is, if you are using cyclone properly). Cyclone now does an instantaneous pulse of damage the very instant you begin a spin, or change direction, which makes attack speed inferior to move speed for the most part(for those that did not know or haven't yet tested).

Nevertheless, I would still get a disfavour for cyclone, just because. It's far too awesome a weapon to pass up.

My Weapon with Vagan +2 = 7 Base, 2 Master of Arena, 2 craft = 11 Base, same as disfavour.

43 Increased AOE + 20Q Cyclone - 30 Conc = 33 Inc. AOE Rare-

43 Increased AOE + 20Q Cyclone + 40Q (lvl 6 enhance, corrupted) - 30 Conc = 73 inc AOE Disfavour.

Rare Radius: 14.6 rounded to 15 (same as Firetrap base range)

Disfavour Radius: 19.02 rounded to 19 (same as base Rain of Arrows base range)

_____

Not worth it imho. 15 Radius is more then enough for me and I'd rather use another 6th link then enhance (WED/LL/ECoMS)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info