[1.3.0 Bloodlines] Dweeb's Infernal COCblaster

Well, uhhh, it's a cast on critical strike wand build that has ridiculous AOE dmg, is cheap as shit and immune to reflect (EDIT: I have to retcon this claim, follow to *). Single target dmg is great against still targets, but awful against fast-moving targets. Only defense is a buffed Arctic Armour and constant flasking, so play near big hitters must be acute. Build gets over 200% life at lvl 90, and at lvl 88 I'm at 5k hp. Solo play doesn't show the damage very well, as there's so much overkill involved.

*About reflect:
Lvl 23 Heralds made me feel unsafe in a reflect map (18% reflect AFAIK), but I still blast reflect packs (14% reflect AFAIK) away like nothing.

Gear and gem setup:
Spoiler

The Holy Trinity, base of this build.

Flasks:

I also carry around others like:

Some new gear:
Spoiler

Gem level ups and AA <-> HoI switcharoo:

Cheap gear:
Spoiler

Everything but the 5L, Maligaro's (10c), belt (easily exchangeable), quality gems (not necessary), was bought for 5c or less a piece.

Passive tree & Bandit quest rewards:
Spoiler

Current passive tree at lvl 88
Poebuilder passive tree

Bandits:

Normal, Oak (+40 hp)
Cruel, kill all for passive point
Merciless, Alira (+1 power charge)

Level with whatever you like until lvl 71 when you can make this passive tree. I leveled with Flameblast, using Cloak of Flame, 2x Mokou's, Atziri's Foible, as high AA as I could, Herald of Thunder curse on hit elemental weakness, and FB+echo+prolif+faster casting for links. My tree looked something like this for the useful parts before I respecced.

Playing with a 4L is quite feasible via casting Assassin's Mark yourself, but single target damage will suffer from this, by either having to run PCOC on it, or not having charges up all the time.

Some musings on the build:
Spoiler

-4% life regen is reasonably high for just passing through nodes.

-Fireball (at least without RMT effect) has been very much lag free. Its effect is deceptively muted for how much damage it does.

-I dropped Herald of Thunder Curse on Hit pretty fast, because I found I killed mobs before it would hit them. Manual curse casting is better for this.

-Only freezing damage I have is from Herald of Thunder, yet mobs aside from bosses all get frozen.

-Arctic Armour is ran also for Herald of Ice proc reflect mitigation (Pyre makes it fire dmg). I lose some mana running with AA on, but gain it back as soon as I warp or start attacking. It's only been a problem in Haku missions and at Maze Vaal thus far. I just got a gear upgrade that may squash this problem.

-I would try this build with a phys wand on softcore, and drop True Strike, Harrier, Precision and some %life for wand nodes.

-Deflection (shadow block nodes) is 4 nodes away. If I took this and dropped empowered Heralds, I could run Tempest Shield and Rainbowstride boots for total block of 34/29(?). I think Rumi's Concoction would cap spell block then.

-Piercing Shots (5 nodes away) may be godly for the build. I haven't tried it.

-Barrage desync HNNNNGGGHHH

Videos:
(Full list here)

Spoiler

Gorge run, packsize
Where's Vickas? I missed him. 0 remaining anyway.
Crematorium
I didn't get to show off the single target deeps because of the cancer link party. :(
Gorge run
First time I ran Gorge with this build. Kraityn is the worst. :[
I did go back with a decoy totem to finish business.

Canyon
Elemental reflect map

Residence in cheap gear*
Residence in current gear

*cheap gear in video:
Spoiler

Everything but the 5L, Maligaro's (10c), belt (easily exchangeable), quality gems (not necessary), was bought for 5c or less a piece.

---

Addendum:

I'm lvl 89 now. I tested Piercing Shots, and it did look like it took dmg against huge packs to another level, but that felt unnecessary, and it didn't help me otherwise. I ran into mana trouble with AA level up & new lvl 2 empower gem, and decided to spec out of Piercing Shots into some mana (Soul Siphon) and back to life. This helped me use new boots, which then helped me switch ring craft into crit:
Spoiler

Having lvl 23 Heralds made reflect maps feel unsafe, and I don't recommend playing them anymore at this point.

I'm now at 1785 accuracy (86% chance to hit) and 92% chance to crit on Kinetic Blast.

Put some science into one lvl 20 Fireball. It dropped to lvl 19. :|

---

Sooooooo.. I'm rocking a 2.3 aps GMP barrage currently, and I've been told (thanks starlight85) that it's teetering on going over the COC proc gap of one proc per 0.05 seconds. I need to investigate. I may have not yet unlocked my full single target deeps. >___>

Don't help Kraityn on cruel, and maybe don't get IAS on wand.

A VERY LATE LATE EDIT:
"

I updated my RF CoC build elsewhere. Killed Atziri with it even if it was tough (6L Lightning Coil would fix this) and I'm pretty happy with how the build turned out.

RF CoC build showcase

Youtube playlist

IGN: Dweeblebum
Last edited by dweeblebum on May 28, 2015, 9:51:37 AM
piercing shots would be godly yeah

cool build
"
Pulpfictionz wrote:

cool build

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about^

Piercing shots would be godly though

Kewl build.

Also,
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Corrupt your fireball you weenie
Last edited by _Sycho on Jan 14, 2015, 12:40:22 PM
a) Why PCoC? This is essentially a waste of a gemslot. By dropping it and replacing with another spell - Arctic Breath or Ice Spear for example - you literally double the damage. Assmark-CoH-HoT is a reliable and completely automatic way of generating charges.

b) While taking pierce nodes will increase the number of procs, they will simultaneously decrease damage as fireballs will just fly through enemies without exploding
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 14, 2015, 1:18:49 PM
"
Pulpfictionz wrote:

cool build

"
_Sycho wrote:

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about^

Piercing shots would be godly though

Kewl build.

Thank you for your kind words. (✿◠‿◠) I'll give piercing shots a spin at some point. AOE deeps hasn't been an issue at all, so I've pushed back speccing into them time and again.

Don't tell me what to do with my balls though, ty.

"

a) Why PCoC? This is essentially a waste of a gemslot. By dropping it and replacing with another spell - Arctic Breath or Ice Spear for example - you literally double the damage. Assmark-CoH-HoT is a reliable and completely automatic way of generating charges.

b) While taking pierce nodes will increase the number of procs, they will simultaneously decrease damage as fireballs will just fly through enemies without exploding

a) I touched this issue in the OP. I tend to kill packs before HoT touches them. It also takes up a lot of socket space, and I now have an empower setup for HoT. HoT cursing tends to be bad for boss fights as well, which is what concerns me more than overkilling puny moblings there and back again.

b) Yes, you're right! This is the only issue beyond passive point expenditure that I'm apprehensive of speccing into Piercing Shots. Having more procs from beyond the pack should make up for the lost explosion damage though. However, the latest COC nerf may kick in with the amount of procs in this case. I just don't know. Will have to give it a try and see.
that corrupt helm omg...

if we dont have that coc corruption in the helmet, what should we gem in it?

Also rathpith or this shield? :

IGN: _Jacky
Last edited by fire99966 on Jan 15, 2015, 2:14:09 AM
"
fire99966 wrote:
that corrupt helm omg...

if we dont have that coc corruption in the helmet, what should we gem in it?

Also rathpith or this shield? :

Hello! (✿◠‿◠)

I pasted some cheapo gear & gem setups in video segment. I would use Barrage + CoC + Ice Spear + Arctic Breath/Fireball, or Barrage + CoC + GMP + Freezing Pulse. I'm not sure which is better.

Your shield has mad deeps, but I'd use something with life, resists and higher ES. Those spell mods and mana regeneration are yummy tho. Resists are pretty tight for this build!

This build is fucking amazing, needs more attention.
IGN: _Jacky
Hey man, almost ready to make the switch. Really looking forward to it and thanks for the builds/vids.

Is that wand optimal? what are we looking for, something with a 10+ crit and spell dmg? ele dmg?
That helm, are there other options or is that definitely best when we don't get the CoC version.

thanks
^
"
Mookie88 wrote:
Hey man, almost ready to make the switch. Really looking forward to it and thanks for the builds/vids.

Is that wand optimal? what are we looking for, something with a 10+ crit and spell dmg? ele dmg?
That helm, are there other options or is that definitely best when we don't get the CoC version.

thanks

what did you level as to 70?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info