73k DPS (Unbuffed), 4,6k hp, Hybrid-cleave Build (With Video)

BUILD UPDATED FOR MORE DAMAGE WITHOUT LOSING SURVIVABILITY. (More in depth updates to come)

Video showcase of the build + a lvl 75 map run. (Sorry for the bad quality and low mic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMMoBQloLQ

Ok so i just wanna get some input on my build, and possibly help some others out while doing it. I run pretty much all maps with this build without dying. First off i gotta say i recently returned to the game, and have been trying my best to revive my old cleave build, so here we go:

Gear, Probably worth around 30ex totally, so not too expensive of a build. Most of the items are self-found :

Spoiler

CORE ITEMS:

Skills used in this build:

6-link Cleave: Cleave + Melee Physical damage + Faster attacks + Physical to Lightning damage + Life leech + Weapon Elemental damage

4-link cast when damage taken : Cast when damage taken + decoy totem + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Another 3-link Cast when damage taken : Cast when damage taken + Detonate dead + Enduring cry

Mobility 4-link + Curse: Leap slam + Faster attacks + Curse on hit + Assassins Mark

Auras: Herald of Ash + Hatred + Reduced Mana + Purity of fire (Because i am lacking abit fire res, could easily be switched with another aura)

Other Skills: Vengeance for some extra dps when i get hit + Riposte for some dps when i block (even though i have rather low block chance)

So for some explination of this...

I am running the "Abyssus - Ezomyte Burgonet" since this is a build that depends on physical damage that gets converted to elemental. Aswell, this is a somewhat crit-build so the dmg boost from the crit multiplier is rather insane!

I am running some skills that converts/adds elemental damage from my physical damage, which is why i got a ring and a support gem boosting the elemental damage.

The Cast when damage taken links might not be optimal, but they still provide me enough defence to be able to clear pretty much anything.

The leap slam is simply there to be able to move around and to curse enemies now and then , aswell as to escape easily in case of emergency.

The auras mainly boosts my elemental damage, but the Proc from herald of ash is really nice.

Skill tree for Marauder lvl87 (Probably not optimal, but i like it): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAAYB3AHnBS0IsQvBE0wUIBRNFfYX4RiRG8gm-CgqKaUwdzH7NZI26DiWOuE9_D_8QzFHfkp9TeNOKk4yUEdTu1W1V5dYY1ivWf5br18_YEFieWNwZFJlTWeAZ6BttHTtdqx4DXrvgOGCB4TZhO-FUod2i0-Mz5J9l3mYb5tYm2qezZ_LplenMKgHqW6tjbXytkG3F7yfvTa-ir6nv9XBBMGjxtjPftIh2L3ZYdwj3Q3iXuJh45_kUeXP6GbqGO8O8kHyRfZI9zL46_xL_MX-Cv6P

Some print screens of stats:

Last edited by Pzycko on Jan 20, 2015, 12:36:30 PM
a very nice build.
glad to see someone still putting Cleave to good use.

isn't Blood Rage on Damage Taken, a bit risky though? Chaos damage is a scourge with that Merciless penalty.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I am actually just testing it right now tbh, cant really find a good use for the last spot, i recently used "detonate dead" to avoid corpse explosion etc. :) (But when i get better gear with Chaos res it will hopefully be more viable)
Last edited by Pzycko on Jan 10, 2015, 11:08:28 AM
Actually im running very similillar build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOHA5YKmw48E0wUIBRNFHEX4RiRGbQbrSb4KCoppSo4LOkwdzGeMgk1kjboOlI64TsoR35KfUrITeNOKk4yUEdYr1n-W69fOWBBYENjcGRSZU1l8GeAZ6BsRm20bj1uqnJsdU52rHgNeOt82YIHguSDCYTZhVKHdoqvi0-QEZVml3mYdJstm2qfy6ZXpo2nMKgHqW6tjbCrtfK8n702voq-p768waPK089-037Yvdlh2XzdDd3j4mHjn-RR5wrqGO8O73rv4_JB9Ob3Mvjr_Ev8xf6P

Also as DW vaal pact Cleave Axe but a Scion

But you should use a multistrike instead of WeD. it is a huge dps buff. if you are life leech, i would also recomend a melee dmg on full hp.

i have a little bit less hp but a dps is strongly better:
http://imgur.com/a/k1DSJ
def: (grace)
http://imgur.com/XqXL2ao

and also a gear:
Spoiler

edit---

with all buffs 146k dmg
Last edited by kiernoz on Jan 10, 2015, 12:57:56 PM
I am not using multistrike because of the Herald of fire, since i get the strong AOE burn when overkilling an enemy, and i cant use the Melee damage on full life since i am not building energy shield :) Still, really nice build, and sweet gear! ^^
the overkill with a 1H weapons is not so high, even with WeD, Multistrike will make mobs dead much faster imho.

and as you have 10% life leech, you can try to use Vaal Pact and then Melee on full life. on maps with lower dmg you will 1shot everything. it is also perfect for Atziri

edit-----
find a better amu as soon as possible mate. it is good only on low lvl maps

edit1----
im using a

dunno why 2 same rings are posted.

i highly recomend it to you
Last edited by kiernoz on Jan 10, 2015, 12:03:35 PM
I might test that :D Oh and the Multristrike only gives me 2k more dps right now, so i think i'll stick with weapon elemental :)

Edit: Nice ring, havent seen that one yet actually, will try to get ahold of one.

These two amulets is half-decent since i got both phys and ele dmg
Spoiler

I am mostly playing self-found btw, so mainly use gear i find
Last edited by Pzycko on Jan 10, 2015, 12:06:16 PM
i have a similar DW Axe cleaver - but using a bit different approach - list for other to test and compare. main difference is (ab)use of Templar Ele nodes.

Cleave + Melee phys + WED + Phys to Lightning + Added Fire (5 Link)

Tooltip is around 45k in hideout with ~60k with flask/charges/whatever

Herald of Ice / Ash / Hatred / Anger

and this tree (l85):

I use duelist just because this is a respec char. would have started Mara and droped few starting duelist nodes - these are just plain worse than Mara ones

I actually use that sometimes too, the Physical to lightning is really nice ^^ How are you doing on defence though? It looks like you dont have that many life nodes
Last edited by Pzycko on Jan 10, 2015, 12:29:01 PM
i use these:

for ~50% inc life

it works pretty well. 'chance to freeze' (10%) helps a lot vs tough enemies as the freezes happen quite often in practice. i even tried it with ele prolif instead of phys-lightning and it was pretty entertaining.

Resolute Technique 'chance to xyz' was an incredible buff to melee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info