Mechanics thread

"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
0nin wrote:
There's 2 things I'd really like to know:

1. What are the effects of Frenzy, Power, and Endurance charges on your minions and on monsters?
2. How does the physical damage reduction of Endurance charges interact with Armour?

1) No effect on minions. What effect on monsters? I don't understand. If a monster has endurance charges, they get another 5% dr per endurance charge. This is why the bears with enduring cry are so damn annoying.
According to an earlier dev post in a different thread, this is wrong. The stats on charges for minions/monsters is different from that of players.

Edit: Found it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Minions are affected by auras and charges (charges actually give more bonus to monsters, including minions, than to players).
He didn't bother telling us HOW much though.
Last edited by 0nin on Jul 28, 2012, 4:42:45 AM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
hope i'm not making a nuisance of myself on this topic :)
Not at all, it's great
Hello, maybe someone can help me a bit here and can explain to me how the Auras/Buffs Skills will be affected by certain Supportive Skills ...

I'm playing with a Marauder that's using a big 2 Handed Weapon ... also Blood Magic from the Passive Skill Tree .. so I will focus a lot on life and life regeneration... still don't know what to choose between 2H Maces or 2H Swords ...

I'm planing to use these buffs/auras :

Strength based :
Vitality - grants life regeneration
Enduring Cry - gives endurance charges + force enemies to attack you
Determination - aura that grants armor
Dexterity based :
Haste - grants attack speend and cast speed
Intelligence based :
Purity - grants elemental resistances

Now ... I'm interested how the following supportive gems will affect those auras/buffs from above ... I'm planing to use these supportive gems :

Increased Duration - Increases the duration of the skill.
Iron Will - Spells have the strength melee damage bonus applied to them.
Item Quantity - Increases the number of items dropped by monsters killed with this skill.
Item Rarity - Increases the rarity of items dropped by monsters killed with this skill.
Life Gain on Hit - Restores players life when they hit an enemy.
Life Leech - Restores players life based on damage dealt to enemies.
Melee Damage on Full Life - While you're on full life, melee skills deal increased damage.
Reduced Mana Cost - Reduces the mana cost of the skill.

Now ...
Increased Duration and Reduced Mana Cost - will make the buffs to last longer and require less mana(in my case .. life..)... I think I'm right at this one.
Iron Will - does that mean they will give me more bonuses like : more elem. resists from Purity ... etc ... or those buffs aren't considered spells ?! .. how does this supportive gem works on them ?
Item Quantity/Quality - are these supportive gems affects only the skills that do damage and can kill a monster ? ... that means if I put one of this gems on a buff/aura ... it won't affect the monster I kill when I'm affected by the buff ?! what about a de-buff that I cast on the enemies... like : Warlord's Mark ?!
Life Gain on Hit/Leech - these supportive gems only works on skills that can do damage right ? ... so are useless on buffs/auras ... I'm right here ?
Melee Damage on Full Life - if I cast Determination on me ... and this buff also have this Supportive gems ... will I do more damage with my attacking skills while I have this buff on ?!

Anyone can help me here a bit ?

Regards !
Long Live the Templars !!!!
to start, only gems to work on aura based skills, is: reduced mana cost, increased area of effect, and concentrated effect (size not damage).
vitality, determination, and haste do not hurt foes, so all other support gems do not work.

second, you should not use two 40% reserve spells while using blood magic... that is 80% of your hp gone...

enduring cry is not a "buff" it is a skill that gives you charges (you got that part) and yes also draws agro, but nothing else on its own. duration won't work and it doesn't damage so it has same limitations as the auras for support gems.

increased duration will effect immortal call (but only the base duration from 0.2 seconds to 0.3 seconds lol). or molten shell from 10 seconds to 15 seconds and higher. increased duration will also work on damage duration skills such as fire storm, sparks, poison arrow, and fire trap.

all other support gems apply to skills and spells that deal damage. specially the item rarity and item quantity supports, which only work on the killing hit of the skill that they are linked to.
Are maps considered a currency? If I farm fellshrine ruins at level 76 for maps will the drop rate be reduced?
"
Danos wrote:
Are maps considered a currency? If I farm fellshrine ruins at level 76 for maps will the drop rate be reduced?

Not that I have proof of this, but I believe maps are just another regular base item in the loot table (ie not currency). I base this on these few facts:

- They have magic, rare, unique variants (currencies do not)
- They can be modified by currency items (currencies cannot)

Your chances of finding "a map" where which map you find doesn't matter much, is probably mostly just influenced by:

- what area you're farming
- how much quantity you're wearing
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
to start, only gems to work on aura based skills, is: reduced mana cost, increased area of effect, and concentrated effect (size not damage).
vitality, determination, and haste do not hurt foes, so all other support gems do not work.

second, you should not use two 40% reserve spells while using blood magic... that is 80% of your hp gone...

how does vitality, determination and haste change or are affected by : increased area of effect and concentrated effect ?!

also ... if I place reduced mana cost on them ... does that mean they will reserve less than 40% when I use them ?!...
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:

how does vitality, determination and haste change or are affected by : increased area of effect and concentrated effect ?!

also ... if I place reduced mana cost on them ... does that mean they will reserve less than 40% when I use them ?!...

Auras give their bonus to your nearby allies, so with increased area of effect, the buff have a better radius, and with concentrated area of effect a smaller radius.

And for reduced mana cost, if the gem reduce by 10% the mana cost, the mana reservation of your aura will be 36% instead of 40%
"
Kissan wrote:
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:

Auras give their bonus to your nearby allies, so with increased area of effect, the buff have a better radius, and with concentrated area of effect a smaller radius.

And for reduced mana cost, if the gem reduce by 10% the mana cost, the mana reservation of your aura will be 36% instead of 40%

got it .. but with concentrated effect ?
for example ... if determination gives me xxx armor ... if I put the concentrated effect gem .. will it give me more armor that the skill itself ? or only the radius will be changed ?
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:

got it .. but with concentrated effect ?
for example ... if determination gives me xxx armor ... if I put the concentrated effect gem .. will it give me more armor that the skill itself ? or only the radius will be changed ?

As Soul4hdwn said, concentrated area of effect will affect only the radius, not the buff, so your determination would give you the same amount of armour with or without this support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info